skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs July 3 Days and counting July 26th :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Rrainne
    Participant

Hi everyone, new to the forum I am from Jamaica 47 yrs old, my Surgery is scheduled for July 26th, at 7 A.M.

just an update did my exams and ultra sound and after two doctors, so Hysterectomy it is 🙂

SKTS79
    Participant

Hello. I’m having my surgery on 26th too. I’m 40 and from Scotland.

My fibroid is the size of a football apparently, so I need to have a vertical incision in my abdomen to give the surgeon room to get it out. 🙁

Good luck for your op.

Catriona
    Participant

Hi Both
    all the best for Friday. I will be thinking of you both.

Rrainne. I saw your post on page 4 of the July stream.
    I have not had incontinence before or after surgery.
    I had prolapse going into the op and so will still have some degree now. My problems stem from 2 vaginal births, probable damaged and weak pelvic floor from then, peri menopause (plummeting oestrogen at 51yrs) and rubbish weak skin which stretches easily and heals slowly. Odds stacked against me there. I don’t know how those type of factors stack for you. if you didn’t have prolapse before op your in a great position going forward, I don’t believe its inevitable post op.
    Any concerns I would ask your surgeon for guidance around these issues specifically for you and your situation.
    I would say get going, keep going, with the pelvic floor exercises as these are all about preventing incontinence and prolapse.
    I hope that helps.

Take care both of you and all the best for Friday,
    Catriona x

Rrainne
    Participant

Its the same for me no pain at all just the same fat tummy mine is more of a large avacado, and then another a bit smaller and multiple ones causing distortion and an enlarged uterus with a few cysts to accompany 🙂 i am anemic as well , already packed trying to ensure my house is ready for when i come back,as i live alone.

my dilemma is food. i have no idea what to stock 🙁

Rrainne
    Participant

Thanks so much Catriona, I was never a sickly person so hospital stay is a new adventure for me 🙂 I will ask about that Prolapse/incontinence and infection… i have already gotten my medication filled.

So its Friday at 7am.

Rrainne
    Participant

I wish you all the best and speedy recovery, will try to check in on you as soon as i am out and up and about 🙂

Rrainne
    Participant

I am done! yeahhhhh!!! trying to get some sleep. will update once I am home on my couch.

thanks for the support!

SKTS79
    Participant

I am done too. Not much sleep last night with the weird boots on! Pain isn’t too bad for the moment.
    Glad your op went well. I get out on Monday morning I think.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today