skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums Gynaecological Conditions Adenomyosis Adenomyosis, Endometriosis and possible Bowl Damage

• This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Kitty88
    Participant

I have suffered with endometriosis for 8 years and since Christmas 2018 my symptoms rapidly changed. The painful intercourse was back, horrrndus pain after intercourses and bleeding. My stomach had started bloating to the point I looked pregnant. I had thigh pain, lower back pain, new central abdominal pain, pain when I sat down and pain when I went the loo for both number 1 and 2.
    My GP got me an emergency gynaecologist appointment and on 25.01.2019 I had a scan was told my endometriosis was now so bad it was visabil on my right ovary and I know had adenomyosis. He also suspects its damaged my bowl due to the new severe pains im getting when trying to pass a number 2.
    He has adviced me my best treatment will be a hysterectomy but he will leave my ovarys as I am only 30. Due to the potential bowel damage I may need a colostomy bag but he won’t know until he’s completely surgery.
    Had this happened to anyone else? I am so scared that I’ll have to one and my life will change and my partner will no longer look at me the same. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks x

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today