skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums Gynaecological Conditions Fibroids Advise please

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

AnxiousRachel
    Participant

Hi
    I have been recently diagnosed with fibroids. (Total unknown but one 3cm and another 6cm, one on a stalk!)
    I am booked in to see a consultant on Monday to review my ultrasound scan results and discuss next steps.
    My dr thought possible hysterectomy, which after decades of painful periods I feel ok about.

I am going private through work healthcare scheme.
    Does anyone know of waiting times?, I know NHS state no longer than 18weeks.

From my scan I now know that…
    I have a bulky uterus / myometruim heterogeneous echotexture / adnexal heterogeneous mass. I haven’t a clue what any of this means, would love to be enlightened if possible.

Thank you in advance
    AR

Bea50
    Participant

Hi Rachel
    I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I have recently undergone an abdominal hysterectomy due to multiple fibroids also including one on a stalk, penudulated they call them I believe and am post op 4 weeks today and it is the best decision I made. I saw Mrs Pisal at the Portland Hospital in London I travelled up from Wales as she was the best consultant I have come across first class. I waited a period of 4 weeks to have op afterwards. If i can help any further please don’t hesitate to contact me. Wishing you all the best. It has been an incredible journey but I felt completely looked after by Mrs Pisal and her team. Try not to worry you will not believe the relief you feel afterwards. No heavy bleeding, constantly bloated and fatigue.

AnxiousRachel
    Participant

Hi Bea50
    Thank you for responding so quickly.
    I clearly need to be prepared for any operation to happen quickly it seems 🙂
    Will keep you posted.
    AR

Bea50
    Participant

Any time Rachel honestly I felt the same prior to op and I just cannot believe how straight forward everything has been. Good luck with everything x

AnxiousRachel
    Participant

UPDATE – Have seen the consultant today. (12.08.19)

My non logical head is freaking out, the consultant was very non commit all kept talking about ‘knowing what we are dealing with’ I’ve had a CA125 blood test which according to google…

In some cases, a CA 125 test may be used to look for early signs of ovarian cancer in people with a very high risk of the disease.

My logical head tells me it’s just to rule out all possibilities (especially as I’m not high risk) but it hasn’t crossed my mind! Eek!!

Waiting on a date for MRI, I guess we’ll know more then 🙄
    AR

Deborah__bee
    Participant

Hi Bea and Rachel,

I am awaiting an abdominal hysterectomy on 20th August and was so relieved to see your comments Bea. I am terrified, the waiting is awful! I have an 8cm fibroid which apart from causing me constant pain, has been stopping my bladder working properly on and off!

I hope you get some more information soon Rachel to help you decide the right way to go.

Although I’m dreading it, roll on the 20th!! 🙂

Deborah

Bea50
    Participant

Will be thinking of you Deborah but honestly the relief I feel now after having it done just wish I had it done a year ago! I can totally relate to bladder issues you are experiencing some nights I would get up once or twice but other nights it could be up 15 times! Just keep positive and try not to be fearful (Fear just stands for False Evidence Appearing Real) don’t let fear get to you. I started meditation with Headspace app before also you can get two homeopathic remedies from Helios in Soho London aconite for fear and an after surgery blend and both helped me and I wasn’t even sure or convinced homeopathy worked but this did. Just look on this whole journey as a time for you and an opportunity to heal. I am on my 3rd book already and have been enjoying recovery period. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you need any more help. Good luck with everything

Deborah__bee
    Participant

Thank you so much Bea, just reading your words helps so much! So good to know that despite recovery pain it is such a relief when all done! I can’t even imagine not being in the pain I have now on a daily basis so I know its the right thing to do. This time next week it will all be done. I will remember what you said about the fear and I have lots of books lined up for my recovery time! Thanks again for your reply and I hope you continue to enjoy your recovery 🙂
    Deborah x

AnxiousRachel
    Participant

Wishing you the best of luck on the 20th
    AR

Deborah__bee
    Participant

Thanks Rachel, pre-op yesterday so feels real now, gulp.

Hope your treatment is progressing,

Deborah x

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today