skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs April April 2018

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 152 total)
  • Author

juleskirk50

Carrie – Here is the April group – your list is very small at the moment but I am sure more ladies will come along and join you soon xx

Carrie – 13th April

Carrie71
    Participant

Hello Jules
    Thanks for setting this up and here’s to 9 weeks and 4 days time! 😊

SeasideSue
    Participant

Hi I am due to have a hysterectomy on 23 April for a prolapsed womb and will have a bowel and slight bladder repair at the same time as they are both prolapsed. Feel daunted as apart from the very uncomfortable bulge I am very fit and have no pain. I am 62 and did not expect this as I haven’t even been to the doctor for anything other than an injection for overseas travel in well over 10 years. Still not sure if this is right for me but I don’t want to feel this uncomfortable for the rest of my life. I am also worried about further prolapses after the surgery. I am not overweight nor do I smoke so maybe things will be OK. I know I will have to really rest after surgery and will not be looking after the grandchildren for months.
    Anyone else feeling the same? xx

juleskirk50

Good evening and welcome seaside sue (love the name !) you have joined Carrie who was feeling a little lonely but now you are there to keep her company and I’m sure there will be others along soon xx

You should also have a look around the previous months which will give you an idea of what to expect during your recovery. Xx

Carrie – 13th April
    Seaside Sue – 24rd April

Marie
    Participant

Good Evening @carrie & @seasidesue

Hope you’re well.

I see you’re both on a countdown with weeks & days. I know it’s daunting when it seems so far off, but it comes around quickly. I was on a timer too. It’s now a matter of days for me (06th March) I’m hoping it doesn’t get cancelled as i’m anxious now.

I hope you’re both managing to peep in on the Feb forum too, the ladies on here are great and the tips and updates are encouraging. Honest (warts & all) but encouraging and very supportive. There’s no such thing as TMI and we’re all here together.

Take care and best wishes to both
    Marie x

Carrie71
    Participant

Good evening Marie
    Thank you for your advice, 4 weeks and 5 days to go! Been through the waiting game before as I was originally booked for my op in January but they found bowel complications during my laparoscopy so the colorectal team became involved. It doesn’t make it any easier but with all the help and support I have it’s ok 💛
    Hello @seasidesue too xx

jazz44
    Participant

Hi I’m new to the forum, having a total hysterectomy on April 10th due to post menopausal bleeding.

Jules1958
    Participant

Hi all,
    My operation – Sacrocolpopexy, Bilateral Oopherectomy, Posterior Repair & Cystoscopy – is now confirmed as being April 16th. I am terrified! Not good with pain/trauma! Has anyone had anything similar done? Any tips/hints to make post op recovery go smoothly would be good! TIA.
    Xx Jules

Nervousnow
    Participant

Hi ladies,
    I’ve just found this site so decided to join!
    I’m very nervous about having my operation- due 11th April, I’ve even been thinking of putting it back.. a little about me, if you’re interested. I’m 47, have 2 lovely girls now in mid teens and early twenties. I had no complications with either births, in fact I rather enjoyed it! My troubles started about 7 years ago when I had an abnormal smear. I got that sorted (laser treatment to remove some dodgy cells) and since then my troubles seemed to start. I started getting heavier periods with some pain- up till then I had no real problems with my monthly’s – the odd ache on the first day but pretty pain free. Periods became heavier & I went to doctor & then ultra sound scan and they found fibroids but I was told to leave them as they would shrink with age. Forward two years and I woke one day with a painful leg. Like, really painful, I couldn’t put any weight on it so off to docs again. She was useless, didn’t even look at my leg and said it must be a twisted muscle- though how I did that in my sleep I’ll never know. A week later I couldn’t breath properly so ended up in A&E where eventually 2 days later they found I had a blood clot in my leg (DVT) and also in my lungs (PE) . This was a very scary time, as well as being in severe pain I was scared I was going to die. Nobody knew what had caused this until I had a CT scan.. the results were that I had huge fibroids and they were pressing on my main veins, causing the clots. These fibroids had grown so much in the last year or so that they are the size of a 6month pregnancy and I do look it as well! My tummy has been huge now for nearly 3 years and I’ve also put on weight (2 stone) since having them. It took 6 months to treat my blood clots so they no longer caused pain and since then I’ve been backwards and forwards to Gynaecologist/hospital/doctors to see what treatment I can have. (I’m still on blood thinners- 2 years now) at first they were talking of just removing fibroids then said that might be risky cos of bleeding etc.. eventually last year I was told I’d need a hysterectomy, removal of cervix (which I just found out last month) but keeping the ovaries. As the fibroids are big I’ve been on monthly jabs to put me in early menopause for the last 3 months I The hope that they shrink a bit without hormones feeding them and I can have a bikini cut rather than the vertical.
    I’m so nervous about this operation. I know that I have to have it but I’m worried about the pain, the recovery and after.. everything really. I’m terrified of getting more clots after the operation- I’ve obviously spoken to my doctor & the hospital and it seems that I don’t have a choice and will have to go ahead despite my fears. I can see the bright side in the future- and can’t eait for periods to end but I’m more worried about all the complications that can happen, especially as I smoke. I’ve tried to give up but I’m finding that hard too! My youngest will be taking GCSES as I come out and the following month so that is also stressing me! Am I worrying for nothing? I’d love to hear some advice- I went for my pre-op assessment yesterday & the nurse said she could tell I wasn’t ready & has asked the consultant to see me before the operation but I’m still terrified. Part of me wants to get it over and done with and the other half is putting it of! The doctors keep telling me to give up smoking (I’ve cut down but not enough I know) but also saying I’ll only be in hospital 3 days then up on my feet again very soon.. that’s not exactly what I’m reading on here! I’d love some advice please- maybe from others who are in the same situation or have also had blood clots etc.. Thank god I found this site, I’m hoping it will become my support!
    Thanking you all in advance & good luck to everyone who has an April operation x

juleskirk50

Good afternoon ladies and welcome to all our new ladies,

I know you are all extremely nervous and we always say the waiting is the worst part and it really is ! You should pop over to the previous months forums where the ladies are all now recovering and they will be happy to pass on their tips !. I will post the recovery guide to give you some idea what you should and shouldn’t be doing the first few weeks after your surgery – it’s fairly accurate and many of the ladies on here have followed it including me !!.

Here is the recovery guide for those of you who haven’t seen it …..

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/a5692c6457e86f0e2182630fa/files/sbs_recovery.pdf?utm_source=Free+Hysterectomy+Booklet&utm_campaign=30c61c525a-Booklet-14&utm_medium=email

Jazz44 – 10th April
    Nervousnow – 11th April
    Carrie – 13th April
    Jules1958 – 16th April
    Seaside Sue – 24rd April

Nervousnow
    Participant

Thankyou Juleskirk50 .. I’m having a look around the site & will participate much more once I get a bit more confident!
    Still feeling unsure about this impending operation & really can’t stop thinking about it. I’m hoping (& trying not to!) I’m not being a moaning Minnie- I’m usually a positive, upbeat person but just can’t seem to apply that to what’s happening to me. It all feels a bit out of my control really.
    Hopefully I’ll learn much more while here and be able to get my head around it all.

Nervousnow
    Participant

Hi Jazz44
    Just a quick hello as our surgeries are close together! Maybe we can exchange notes! I’m apprehensive to say the least.
    Look forward to maybe chatting more

jazz44
    Participant

Hi Nervousnow
    My story is a bit different to yours. I’m 54 and have had post menopausal bleeding. Scans hysteroscopy perforated womb laparoscopy – now hysterectomy. I’m looking forward to having it done as I’m worried about womb cancer. We will be fine. Let’s stick together and become new women! xx

Nervousnow
    Participant

Hi Carrie77 & seasidesue ! I’m new to the site & not sure how it works for tagging people and chatting in general so please bear with me if I’m repeating posts or not quite answering properly or in the right space!
    Good luck to all the April ladies- I’d love to hear more about your journey to this big life change.

Nervousnow
    Participant

Hi Jazz44

Thanks for replying- I look forward to hearing all about your experience and am hoping I will be on the couch and ready to tell my story soon as well.
    Still very scared 😱 but I’ve got some Bach Flower remedies and I’m organising myself ready for the hospital stay. I’m still waiting for a scan to see if fibroids have shrunk enough to do bikini cut rather than vertical but I’m prepared for the worst so anything else will be a pleasant bonus !
    I’m looking forward to some rest to be honest as I’m on these jabs to bring on menopause and the last 3 months have been hard. The hot flushes are intense- happening every day, every hour & I can’t get any sleep! So looking forward to that stopping as I’m keeping my ovaries (unless there’s a prob when they go in)

Valybobs
    Participant

Hallo!! I’m here to join the April group as I just got my date todayt – 18th April. I’ve been waiting for a date since before Christmas so it can’t come quickly enough (I think?!). Looking forward to reading your posts in a bit more detail and getting to know you.

cheers for now
    Valerie

jazz44
    Participant

Hi Valerie, nice to have more people to share this ‘experience’ with 😊. Hopefully we can pool our thoughts and feelings and support each other. I have my pre med appointment tomorrow so seeming a bit more real now!! xx

juleskirk50

Hello ladies and welcome to all our new ladies,

Jazz – hope the pre op goes well – it’s not too scary and I found mine to be extremely informative and felt much better after it and I hope you do too xx

Jazz44 – 10th April
    Nervousnow – 11th April
    Carrie – 13th April
    Jules1958 – 16th April
    Valerie – 18th April
    Seaside Sue – 24rd April

Nervousnow
    Participant

Hi Valerie,

Good to see a few more people joining for this month – I feel a little more at ease now, though still a bit apprehensive. I’m glad I found this site & looking forward to hearing how everyone is getting on & maybe learning some new coping mechanisms!

Nervousnow
    Participant

Hi Jazz
    Do let us know how you get on. I was meant to be going for mine today but it got cancelled. They are calling me tomorrow with a new date so I’ll be interested to hear all about the experience! Good luck!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 152 total)
  • The topic ‘April 2018’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today