skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs April April 2019 part 2

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 142 total)
  • Author

juleskirk50

Hubspot456 – 3rd April – On Done Couch
    Jolina – 4th April – On Done Couch
    Kimmy – 9th April – On Done Couch
    Bookworm – 9th April – On Done Couch
    Star shine – 12th April – On Done Couch
    K4naylor – 15th April – On Done Couch
    Aquarius – 17th April
    Mitch2610 – 18th April
    Ellis04 – 20th April
    Bobs – 23rd April
    Amanda – 25th April
    AJD – 27th April
    Sunlover – 29th April
    Beach lady – 29th April

Hello ladies here is the continuation for April you’ve been chatting so much this month 😄😎

Aquarius- good luck for tomorrow I hope all goes well – this time tomorrow you’ll be sitting comfortably on the done couch – try to relax this evening if you can xx

AmandaJD
    Participant

Hi Kimmy, I hope you’re OK after your puppy cuddles. I love animals but my husband isn’t keen so we have no pets at home for me to cosy up to. I do have a horse, kept a t a livery yard, but I’ll not be able to see her for a good few weeks I’d imagine. She can be a bit of a handful at times!

Bobs, I think I’ll cry if they cancel me at the last minute. I have everything crossed that we are all on the done couch by the end of the month x

AJD
    Participant

Good luck Aquarius – thinking of you
    xx

AJD
    Participant

How are you today Starshine – hope you are feeling totally cleansed of the hospital. I’ve ordered the book you mentioned so thank you for the info and all geared up for the exercises.

Hope you’ve decided to do something special this weekend Amanda?

Was feeling reasonable until I went for my pre assessment yesterday. Found out I need to give myself an injection the night before!!! I can’t even look when someone else does it, never mind doing it myself. Is it possible to do it with eyes closed!? It’s totally freaked me out – I’ve got one syringe and frightened I can’t do it or I mess it up. Can’t even ask my husband … we have the fear in common. I don’t know what’s happening to me … I’m a total wreck at the moment.

Hugs to all
    xx

Mabelblu
    Participant

AJD,

I reckon you could do it with your eyes closed. But tbh when it comes down to it….you will probably do it! Do you have a friend, neighbour or relative nearby? Try not to stress over it AJD…I guess they are trying to protect you. Are you higher risk for DVT? 💕

hubspot456
    Participant

One thing I’ve noticed from being part of this forum is the difference in after care between different NHS trusts. I had some leaflets handed to me at pre op assessment regarding what I could do each week post op and some physio exercises. No one came to see me in hospital to explain how to get in/out of bed etc so I’m grateful to those who recommended the YouTube video. I also don’t have a follow up appointment with either hospital or Dr so I’m hoping that now it has been 2 weeks everything internally is healing OK. Abdomen still feels weird sometimes with the occasional twinge but I’ve had no emotional ups /downs. Is this still to come?

Mabelblu
    Participant

Hubspot you sound like you are doing well 😍 Maybe you won’t have the rollercoaster emotional experience……but don’t worry if it suddenly hits you what you have been through. That could still happen x…..I agree …after care seems to vary massively.

AJD
    Participant

Hi Mabelblu x Good plan … I’m on the hunt to find a back-up plan if I can’t bring myself to do it. Didn’t think I was higher risk -I just thought it was because she told me I wouldn’t be allowed to get up on the first day, so it was preventative. She also said that I’ll probably have to do these things for a few days when I get home as well so maybe I just need to overcome the fear and do it.

Hi Hubspot – I was told at the pre assessment that I would have an appointment around 6 weeks after to see the consultant … I’m not sure if that’s the normal procedure or it’s because they are taking further biopsies and they’ll give me the results then.

Take care
    xx

Mabelblu
    Participant

Hi AJD,

That’s good they are protecting you. Yes I had to do it for 4 days when I got home and I’m not really afraid of needles but doing to myself wasn’t nice. I had to wear the surgical stockings for 4 weeks.

I didn’t ask hubby because he’s more squeamish than me. I think someone caring who could step in and do it would be a lot better for you. I found myself hesitant 😕

Hubspot..I’ve just had to arrange my own appointment ( private) mine will end up being more than 6 weeks though. I’m kind of cross about it because no- one told me I needed to ring and arrange it. The consultant is apparently only there on Monday mornings! 😏

It’s 4 weeks on Friday to me…did to much yesterday because my mum has the boys and I got a little carried away….woke up in pain this morning and even getting some pain when doing my daily walk that doesn’t normally happen. Decided to cancel my hair appointment for tomorrow so will need to put up with my hair looking like a seagull has splatted in the middle of it 🤓 Couldn’t imagine just sitting whilst the hair dye develops or leaning back to have my hair washed.

Looking forward to hearing from you Aquarius and good luck tomorrow Mitch. It will soon be over now.💕

Ellis04
    Participant

Hi ladies, I’m sorry I’ve missed a lot this passed week or so. I finished work last week and we’ve been away for a few days. Bobs like you, I was a bit preoccupied with it all for SO long, but oddly, this past couple of weeks I’ve not thought about it as much. I guess there’s only so much anxiety one person can deal with for a given time. My bag is still packed from March and I think I am ready to go, just the inevitable cleaning left. Good luck to Aquarius and Mitch, I do hope it all goes to plan for you both. And to Bobs and Amanda, see you on the couch, I will report back as soon as I can! Xxx

SunLover
    Participant

Hope everything went well today Aquarius, good luck for tomorrow Mitch x

K4, hope you are comfy on the couch x

LouiseD1
    Participant

Hi All, just wanted to say how well the done couch ladies seem to be doing, long may it continue 😀 and to wish Ellis who has been waiting SO SO long very good luck for this weekend!
    Bobs, it’s been amazing to see how much calmer you have become over the weeks on this forum. I remember your long lists of questions back at the beginning ! Hope it has helped and you will sail through it all next week.
    I’m almost 5 months post op now ( and still hanging around!) – doing lots better but still get very tired and uncomfortable if I do too much. Just a case of resting whenever the body tells you it has had too much.
    Happy Easter weekend to all, Louise x

Mich2610
    Participant

Thank you everyone. Feeling very nervous now. Will post as soon as I feel well enough after.

Aquarious, hope everything went well for you today. Thinking of you.

Xx

juleskirk50

Hubspot456 – 3rd April – On Done Couch
    Jolina – 4th April – On Done Couch
    Kimmy – 9th April – On Done Couch
    Bookworm – 9th April – On Done Couch
    Star shine – 12th April – On Done Couch
    K4naylor – 15th April – On Done Couch
    Aquarius – 17th April – On Done Couch
    Mitch2610 – 18th April
    Ellis04 – 20th April
    Bobs – 23rd April
    Amanda – 25th April
    AJD – 27th April
    Sunlover – 29th April
    Beach lady – 29th April

Mitch good luck for tomorrow I hope all goes well – I know you’re very nervous but I hope you can relax a little tonight – this time tomorrow it’ll all be over and you’ll be sitting comfortably on the done couch – we look forward to hearing from you when you can xx

Aquarius I hope you’re comfortable tonight. Xx

Bobs
    Participant

Hi Ellis, yes I agree, I’ve had enough of the stress of it all. My bag is still packed and ready to go! Xx

Louise, yes isn’t it funny, I was a little wreck with it all. You guys were amazing with me and I’m so very grateful. I’m still nervous don’t get me wrong but I want to get on the other side of the op now and get my life back on track xx

AJD
    Participant

Good luck Mich – hope all goes well today.

xx

hubspot456
    Participant

Just received the results from the biopsy taken when I had full tah plus ovaries/tubes and my cyst was benign which is such a relief. They also removed my appendix as it was close to the affected ovary and apparently there was some inflammation which was probably the cause of high temperature after operation. I can now look forward to no more smear tests so that’s a positive thing to come from this!

Mabelblu
    Participant

Fantastic news Hubspot x

Ellis04
    Participant

Oh Hubspot that’s fab news! Brilliant. Xxx

Bobs
    Participant

Great news hubspot!

Yes there are advantages to all of this…. no more smears, no future risk of uterine cancer, no risk of ovarian cancer (unless we’ve kept our ovaries of course but my gyno said even then it would be less risk anyway), and much safer HRT transdermal options with no progesterone.

Every cloud and all that jazz!

I’m just blitzing the house one last time and then fully intend to do nothing but enjoy the glorious weather this weekend.

I hope you are all well.

Ellis I’m keeping everything crossed we don’t get cancelled again. If it is, the flipping hospital can pay for a cleaner, I AM NOT doing it again!!!!!!

Big gentle hugs all around xxx

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 142 total)
  • The topic ‘April 2019 part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today