skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs April April 2019 part 2

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 142 total)
  • Author

AJD
    Participant

Wow – that’s such brilliant news hubspot 😁 Bit of gentle celebration today then?

Big hugs to Ellis, Bobs and Amanda – hope you are all going to do something really special today/tomorrow Ellis and over the next few days Bobs and Amanda. All of a sudden time seems to be speeding up 🤢

xx

Mabelblu
    Participant

Okay so a bit of a weird couple of days tbh. Yesterday and the day before I was actually in quite a bit of pain. I must have aggravated something. Found myself having to go back to pain relief. I have caught myself bending without thinking about it so maybe that is why.

I find myself planning ahead what I want or think I can do and then getting to that day and feeling rather daunted by my plans. I’m Looking forward to the Easter weekend but dreading it at the same time because the temptation is to do more than I am able.

So at day 27.. I can walk around the house and garden easily. Make drinks, make light snacks, wipe down surfaces. Go on a car ride for up to 20 mins. Sit in the same position for about 15 mins..longer gets uncomfortable ….I’m not having a nap but can’t kind of be in company and chat for more than a couple of hours without getting tired.

So to all the lovely April ladies….mines gone smoothly but at nearly 4 weeks you can see I have a way to go yet….so stay patient 😘

Cjenkins
    Participant

Had histology results today. Benign 🙌🙌🙌👍🏻🥂. I feel like I’ve bern living in a bubble since January and to be honest since my op. I’m 4 weeks post op. But now feel I can get on with my life and take ownership of it. It’s certainly boosted my recovery. Good luck to everyone x

AJD
    Participant

That’s wonderful news Cjenkins 😁 The being in limbo and waiting is so stressful and I’m so pleased that you’ve had such great results.

Have a lovely Easter weekend.
    xx

Ellis04
    Participant

More good news, that’s fab cjenkins I’m so happy for you and I’m glad you’re recovering well. Enjoy the sunshine!

Xxx

Julie1965
    Participant

hubspot and c jenkins,fab news…I got my op on the 28th of march but my histology isnt back yet…What date were both your operations?…
    just wish it would hurry up…jxx

Mabelblu
    Participant

Cjenkins,

Wonderful news! So happy for you x. I could find a way of going back on the other post you sent me. Sorry! 🤭 Don’t start going crazy with housework though😎

hubspot456
    Participant

Julie 1965- my op was on 3rd April so received biopsy results exactly 2 weeks later. I’m sure if anything was untoward you would have been contacted by now. Think I over did things yesterday with the weather being so good and hung some washing out. Feeling the effects this morning! Enjoyed a glass of bubbly last night though to celebrate which was nice. I really do need to pace myself going forward as my husband will be going abroad on Tues for 2 weeks for work and I know I’m going to be tempted to do stuff around the house as for the most part I feel back to normal. Not being able to drive is frustrating to say the least so counting down the weeks. I have now been given what I presume is a follow up appointment on 15th May so hopefully after then I will be able to drive again.

AmandaJD
    Participant

Hi all,

It’s such a beautiful day today, I hope you are all getting a chance to enjoy it, whether it’s a post op walk for some fresh air or a pre-op day doing some of the things that aren’t going to be possible for a wee while after. I’ve been out for a wander on the horse, pushed a wheelbarrow of horse muck up a hill (not going to lie, I won’t miss that job too much) and now I’m going to wash the windows in the hope that they might stay clean for the next few weeks (not going to happen as we have seagulls nesting all around) .

Happy Easter everyone☀️

Cjenkins
    Participant

Julie1965. Mine was 25th March. Had my appointment as I was being discharged.
    AJD I must agree the waiting was the most stressful thing of my whole experience. It’s constantly on your mind, the actual day is really surreal too. I found it was like an out of body experience, it wasn’t me having op lol. When is your date?
    For all those on the done couch. Glorious weather but just remember not to do too much ! I’ve been on a short bus trip today but feeling it now. Happy Easter everyone x

AJD
    Participant

Hi Cjenkins x I’m in on 27th April … seem to spend most of my time at the moment wanting to throw up 🤢 I don’t think I ever remember being quite so anxious. After that, I’ll have another wait for the next lot of biopsy results.

This will be the 3rd procedure this year … the way I’m going, I’ll be completely hollow soon!

Hope everyone is having the best day possible.

xx

Bobs
    Participant

C jenkins -that’s wonderful news, what a weight off. I hadn’t even thought about histology results but hopefully they will be ok. My main worry is for them to say I’ve got endometriosis as I really want to start Oestrogel hrt asap to get rid of horrible perimenopause symptoms and if there is endo I think I’ll have to wait a bit I think 😒 Xx

AJD – try not to worry too much, I know it’s easier said than done. Every single lady on March said that this wait was the very worst bit and it was absolutely nothing as bad as they thought in retrospect and between them they suffered virtually all eventualities, none of them post now so I assuming they are recovering really well. Every single person at the hospital from the minute you arrive will be monitoring and caring for you very closely. I think gyno wards in particular have the nicest nurses. I know you are worried about your results etc, you are doing all the right things to get it completely sorted. I know it sounds happy clappy but do you do yoga, mediatate etc? You don’t have to have any gear or be uber bendy. I do Nadia Narain. She is so calming and relaxing and focuses on breathing and gentle stretches. I have the box set but there is some you tube stuff too. Obvs post op you can’t do the yoga but the relaxation stuff is great. Just until you get your results back. There are loads of free relaxation, meditation and breathing apps too. I was going to go private but then decided to spend that money on amazing holidays next year when I am hopefully back on tip top form. Could you start to plan something like that in detail to help take your mind off it a little? Don’t forget if you need support at any time we are here xx

Mich2610
    Participant

Hi ladies,
    From the other side. What can I say, as far as major surgery goes, it wasnt to bad. Had minimal discomfort (except wind pain has started). Have been up and about, catheter taken out today, hopefully drain out tomorrow and home on Sunday for some Easter Eggs xxxx

Bobs
    Participant

Great news Mich, yes enjoy your Easter eggs, you thoroughly deserve them! Xx

AJD
    Participant

Good luck for today Ellis xx

Hi Mich … I’m so pleased you’ll soon be back home xx

Thank you for your help Bobs xx – I’ve never thought of yoga – what a good idea. I’ve found the you tube and going to have a go when I get back later today. Going to try and spend a bit more time playing piano as well as a way of trying to focus on something else. Maybe I should start planning a spa night with the girls 😊

I’m so pleased I’ve found this forum … thank you all … can’t imagine what state I’d be in by now without it.

Big hugs
    xx

Starshine
    Participant

Hi all,
    I wondered why there hadn’t been many emails recently and they realised the group must have finished and a new one started!! I was used to getting emails when replies had been posted!

Great to hear everyone doing so well. I think things are going well for me. It was one week yesterday and boy, did the full moon come out to celebrate! Did anyone see her?! Gorgeous.

I’ve settled into being at home a bit more now. Realised I hadn’t had nearly enough sleep since operation as nights were so broken, so took some codeine to help knock me out a bit a couple of nights ago and slept much better, woke up feeling much more human. Still sore and slow but every day feeling stronger.

Does anyone know about oils and creams on scars? When is it OK to start putting oil on it? It just feels so new and delicate, I want to help it get stretchy. There’s no rush though and it feels too early now.

I too have noticed the difference in care/after care from private/Nhs/area to area. I have decided to take that knowledge to remind me that everyone heals differently and there is no one way to fit all. The best thing I can think to say is that if you have ANY questions, call them. Someone will be able to answer
    Don’t wonder about something and not ask. You are important and worthy of knowing and having your mind put at ease, women. Let’s ask ask ask! x

juleskirk50

Hubspot456 – 3rd April – On Done Couch
    Jolina – 4th April – On Done Couch
    Kimmy – 9th April – On Done Couch
    Bookworm – 9th April – On Done Couch
    Star shine – 12th April – On Done Couch
    K4naylor – 15th April – On Done Couch
    Aquarius – 17th April – On Done Couch
    Mitch2610 – 18th April – On Done Couch
    Ellis04 – 20th April
    Bobs – 23rd April
    Amanda – 25th April
    AJD – 27th April
    Sunlover – 29th April
    Beach lady – 29th April

Ellis good luck for today I hope all goes well for you and you’re back home soon recovering in the gorgeous sunshine 🌞 xx

Hubspot and cjenkins you must both be so relieved xx

Hope you are all enjoying the lovely sunshine and these on the done couch are managing a short walk outside – have a lovely Easter xx

Ellis04
    Participant

Oh golly, thanks everyone. Feeling a bit twitchy now. I’m just on the way to the hospital & will report back as soon as I can.
    Big hugs Bobs and Amanda for yours Xxx

Bobs
    Participant

Good luck Ellis!!!!!! We can do this. Big hugs and we will catch up in a couple of days xxx

Mabelblu
    Participant

Hi Mich, glad to hear you are okay xx keep us all posted.

Julie 1965, how’s your sleep ..any better?

Starshine, not too sure about the oil. I should think at 2 weeks you could have gently massaged the area. I’ve been using sudocream…to keep possibility of infection down and the area nice and moist!

Ellis…lots of hugs to you x

Happy 🐣 everyone……I keep overdoing it! Proper learnt my lesson yesterday and got a bit teary….be kind to yourselves.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 142 total)
  • The topic ‘April 2019 part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today