skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs April April 2019 Part 5

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 356 total)
  • Author

Bobs
    Participant

Part 4 is closed so I’ve created part 5 xx

Mabelblu
    Participant

Bobs..don’t know how you do that but thank you.

Pudsey the massage sounds lovely and you go for that bikini.

I’m trying not to main here but I’m in pain. Just went for a trip to chose some carpet. I couldn’t sit properly for lunch but couldn’t stand too long either. I’m trying not to panic but this has definitely put me back.

I’ve been reading about granulation. It looks likes some women just have the silver nitrate to cauterise and that it’s not too painful…..I’m not enjoying the shooting pains. 😞🤷‍♀️

AmandaJD
    Participant

Bobs, I’m glad you’re on the ball. What would we do without you?

Mabel, I hope the extra pains bugger off quickly for you x

Does anyone have problems with nausea? I’ve had a few nights where I’ve been kept awake by it, and it’s leaving me feeling a bit drained. I’ve not actually been sick with it and I’m managing to eat ok. I actually feel like if I could just throw up it might go away. I’ve tried going without pain relief today to see if it makes any difference.

Thank you all for your words of wisdom- it’s so good having people to ask xx

AmandaJD
    Participant

Mich2610
    Participant

Amanda,
    What pain relief are you on? I was on codeine and had to stop taking it because of really bad nausea and it ended up making me sick 🤢. So I switched to Naproxen which worked a treat but set my gastritis off, so had to stop taking that 🙄 So now I am on bugger all only paracetamol if needed, but am coping fine with that.

Mabelblu,
    Sorry you are in pain, and the shooting pains aswell 😖 they can take your breath away can’t they. Hopefully this will be a short lived pain and maybe a little better tomorrow 🤞 It’s so frustrating though, I just long for that day when my husband asks how I am and I can just say ‘had a fab pain free, niggle free day’.

Smile everyone, we all did it and we are all on the long road to recovery and we are all doing really well, which is something to shout about.

xxxxx

AmandaJD
    Participant

Hi Mich,

I’ve only been taking paracetamol morning and night for the past week so I’m not hopeful that stopping will make much difference. I think I’ll need to take some before bed anyway as I’m feeling a bit sore😟

My husband doesn’t ask how I am when he comes in. I think he’s scared I might give him an honest answer😂

jackprep
    Participant

Hello to all the April ladies, I just wanted to say what an inspiration you all are. I’ve been following all your comments, tips and highs and lows for some time now – not stalking I promise 🙂 . Sounds a bit weird but I look forward to logging in and catching up with each days events.
    My operation isn’t until 28th June but thank goodness I found the forums. I now have an ever extending shopping list, from prunes to paracetamol and have even manged to get a small hospital bag together already! I can now say I feel somewhat prepared for what lies ahead which I know will change closer to ‘d’ day. Thank you ladies – you are all amazing!!!

Loosewheel
    Participant

Hello. I’m not sure if I’m posting in the right place so please put me straight if I’m not. I had a total hysterectomy on 29 April and was discharged from hospital on 4 May. My wound (scar from belly button to pubic mound) was not covered at all and quickly became infected – the local walk in medical centre gave me antibiotics and the infection has now cleared up. I’m walking a bit further each day but get tired very easily (I was very active before). Does anyone know how soon I can cycle/swim etc? Thanks for any advice.
    LW x

Bobs
    Participant

Amanda – have you just started HRT? That can sometimes cause nausea to start off with I think?

Mabel – sorry you are in pain again. I’ve only heard of silver nitrate for granulation. I’m sure it will ease off eventually but like you say it’s yet another setback you can do without. It’s certainly a slow process that’s for sure. On the upshot the bleeding / spotting days should be over now I think?

Ang – desperado to see Betty the hamster now too!

Pusdey – it’s given me some hope for a massage. I’ll wait until I’m sleeping on my front first I think and know that it’s comfy. You rock that bikini! 👙Where are you going? We are just sticking to the UK this year so I’m hoping for lovely weather 🌞

Welcome Jackprep to our docudrama. I think between us we have experienced most things so it should give you a really good idea of what to expect. If you have any questions just ask away. This forum has been a total godsend and I think we all feel really lucky to have found it. How any woman can go through this on their own I really don’t know! My advice is to try and be as physically and practically prepared as possible and you will reap the rewards post op and then this forum can help you with the emotional support.

Easing off on physio and walking has definitely done the trick with getting rid of the pain. I must have overdone it somehow, I’m also getting in and out of bed on the other side. I now seem to have pulled a muscle in my calf, god knows how I’m not exactly sprinting here. I’ve done a good check and it’s not hard, swollen, red or hot so I’m not worried (for a change). Like you say, we just seem to swap one pain for another!

Mich2610
    Participant

Hey Jackprep,
    😂😂😂😂 that has made me laugh. We have followers. I feel quite famous now 😂

Anyway, what op are you having? I had TAH & BSO on 18th April so 5 weeks post op on Thursday. The waiting is defo the worst bit. I had allsorts running through my head. Fear of the unknown I suppose.

BUT to reassure you. It hasn’t been anything like I expected. I thought I would be bedridden for at least a couple of weeks. Not the case, was up and about the morning after my surgery, sore and bruised but still up and about. It is a sloooow recovery process, yet you feel massive improvements every day. Yes you have your off days and battles with wind and bms but they are short lived and you move forward.

Feel free to ask any questions you want to Jackprep and im sure at least one of us will be able to answer it for you. Even if its just reassurance you need.

xxxx

Bobs
    Participant

Loose wheel – welcome, you are in the right place x

I can’t answer your question but I’m sure one of the other ladies will. If you have a number for your hospital physio you could check with them. I know one of the ladies went swimming a bit too soon and this set her back quite a lot so do be careful. I think walking and gentle stretches is the main advice (frustrating I know).

Mich2610
    Participant

Hi LW,
    Welcome, and you’re in the right place. Sorry you have had such a rough time with infection, hope you are feeling well now.

With regard to swimming 6 weeks minimum for that, although advice seems to differ from area to area. I run and swim and have to be cleared by my physio for both. Swimming she has said 6 weeks. Running obvs longer because of the impact. I have to have a delightful internal to check my pelvic floor score at the end of June. Apparantly I have to score a 6/7 to be cleared for running 😂

Bobs
    Participant

Forgot to say, 1 book read, little felted fox completed. I’m back in the game! Concentration levels are better, however thicky brain well and truly still here. Spent 10 minutes this morning looking for my glasses and they were on my face! Oh well.

Mich2610
    Participant

Bobs,
    So pleased to hear resting is sorting you’re pain out. I am feeling very numb, swollen and sore on my left hand side tonight, so am thinking I have over done things. But how? It’s so annoying and driving me mad. What exactly is over doing it? 🙄 I try to be so careful yet there always seems to be something. Rest day for me tomorrow then. Again!! 😂😂🙄
    Xx

Mich2610
    Participant

Bobs,

😂😂😂 re glasses, that really has made me laugh. Congrats on completing Foxy. I am nearing the end of a book too, which I have started lots of times and ended up shelving it because I just couldn’t concentrate. Brain fog 😂😂 I barked at my husband not to forget to put the black bin out last week. Only for my friend to tell me later I was two days early. 😂😂

AmandaJD
    Participant

Oh dear Bobs, laughing at your glasses story. Sounds like something I would do.

I’m not on any HRT as my ovaries are still there, although I wonder if they’re maybe having a rest and that’s the problem. I haven’t had any hot flushes or night sweats since the op but I’ve had some other odd symptoms. I’ll mention it to the gp when I manage to get an appointment x

Loose Wheel, I know they recommend 6 weeks before swimming but I would double check just to be sure, in case they think you should wait longer after your infection x

LouiseD1
    Participant

Hi Loosewheel, I just wanted to urge caution with a vertical incision and then infection, I’d be very careful before you do too much. One of the mantras I’ve heard many times over the last few months on here is ‘you only recover once’ meaning take it slow and listen to your body and all the advice. While you might be a super duper active person, you have had a major op and will need to take the time it takes to heal, however frustrating that may feel. Can you check with your consultant who of course knows you and what you have been through ? Don’t want to sound too negative, but having lived through it all, this process does take patience ! I’m sure this fab April gang will also have lots of additional hints and tips as well x

Bobs
    Participant

Amanda – maybe keep that symptoms diary I hyperlinked before for your own record without being too paranoid and take it to the docs. I kept my ovaries but Im definitely noticing things are worst post op which I kind of expected.

Mich – try to ease off and just potter and maybe try to get up the other side for a while. That seems to have worked and I’ll carry on for another couple of days I think.

Loosewheel
    Participant

Thank you very much for the replies and advice. I’m amazed that some of you have a hospital physio! I was discharged with nothing but a few booklets and pretty much left to get on with it. I hate hate hate doing the dvt injections every flippin night, but luckily I’m not suffering pain and was able to cut out the paracetamol within a fortnight. I will carry on with the walking and wait the full six weeks before cycling – I’m a bit worried about doing damage internally – I’m guessing sit-ups are a definite no no!
    LW x

Mabelblu
    Participant

Jack prep, lovely to hear from you. We are all nuts on here but I’m sure you’ve been enjoying the fun. Ask anything you like…as Mich says someone will probably know something. Main advice is that have as much mindless rubbish at hand for after the op as you can possibly find. Basically nothing that requires brain power.

LW. That sounds like it was nasty. Min 6 weeks for swimming but I know some ladies have found that to soon. Personally after my recent internal examination fiasco I would want to know that internal healing was good enough first.

Mich my lovely…I know what you mean. It’s seems the smallest extras are too much but it does sound like you need to ease off. Your right Mich we are all doing well.

Bobs . Thank you. Also glad that the pains are getting better for you..sounds like you are finding the right balance. But it’s anyones guess at what is too much isn’t it?

Amanda….this nausea is a challenge for you isn’t it….like bobs said ..could this be either lack of hormone or not enough?….I can’t remember how many weeks you are but could it also be still the effects of the op. I remember I couldn’t face milky things for a long time after.

I’m still having quite a bit of pain tonight but if that wonderful consultant thinks those oestrogen pessaries are getting any where near my vagina then she’s sadly mistaken. It’s going to have to wait another night or I may just feed them to the 🐕

I’ve had my mind taken off everything by one of my daughters bring her new puppy around and my idiot Weimaraner (Mabel…yes I’ve been using my dogs name) dragging me sat on a garden chair along with two other garden chairs half way across my garden with her lead wrapped around them.

On a positive note. I think the increased HRT is helping with not feeling like I have a temperature. Oh and I’ve been painting and using watercolour. I like to draw but I’ve managed a portrait….this must mean that like you Bobs some brain cells have returned.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 356 total)
  • The topic ‘April 2019 Part 5’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today