skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs April April 2019 Part 6

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 56 total)
  • Author

Bobs
    Participant

Hi, I’ve created this one just in case we need it x

Ang10
    Participant

Thanks Bob’s
    Quick question ladies,
    My spotting had nearly gone probably due to the oestregen pessaries
    On Sunday I had full sex, which was much needed for both of us!!?
    Unfortunately I bled afterwards and back to heavy ish spotting since….any one else had problems???

Ang10
    Participant

Thanks Bob’s
    Quick question ladies,
    My spotting had nearly gone probably due to the oestregen pessaries
    On Sunday I had full sex, which was much needed for both of us!!?
    Unfortunately I bled afterwards and back to heavy ish spotting since….any one else had problems???

Bobs
    Participant

Hi Ang, great to hear from you. I think you should deffo pop back to the doctors about it. It could be cuff stuff or granulation etc, best to get it checked I think. I’ve not had a test run yet as my belly button is STILL a bit sore and weepy! Every time it looks like its healing it pops back open again, soooo annoying. I’m going to have to go and have it looked at again I think. I drove for the first time yesterday with no problems so the world is now my oyster again yey!

Hope everything else is ok and Stanley is behaving xx

Ang10
    Participant

Thanks Bob’s
    I will try and get an appointment this week!
    Well done with the driving
    ..freedom!!!
    Stanley is fab and keeping me very busy!!!
    Phased return to work starts Wednesday ☹️
    Congrats on the grand child Mabeland phew re boobs mich
    Take care everyone xx

Mich2610
    Participant

Hi Ang,
    I think I am slightly ahead of you in my recovery i am 11 weeks post op this Thursday. We have done the deed twice now with no bleeding, so I would definitely get it checked out. Although I would agree with Bobs, re possible granulation. If your not in any pain or discomfort.

Bobs,
    Fab news re driving. I am in my second week at work, am hoping for a better week fingers crossed.

Ang10
    Participant

Michim 11 weeks on Wednesday x
    Will get it checked out…I guess I probably shouldn’t go swimming in case it is the dreaded granulation! And I like swimming in lakes and rivers so probably not very clean!!!!
    Xx

Bobs
    Participant

Hi, can I check with you please, when you are doing pelvic floors are you getting any bladder irritation afterwards? I stopped doing them for a few days and the irritation went, I’ve started doing them again and it seems to have come back a bit.

Good luck for tomorrow Ang. You will be fine I’m sure.

Mich, I hope your second week back is going better.

I don’t think everyone has caught up with this Part 6 yet. It’s great that we are all just getting back to normal again. We’ve come such a long way.

I’m totally addicted to love island now. Trying to get a sunshine fix before I finally go away in September!

Ang10
    Participant

Well, amazingly managed to see a GP today…Bob’s you wouldn’t believe it!!
    She didn’t know about granulation but gave me a speculum check and said she really wouldn’t know if what she saw was or wasn’t, she took a swab and said it was all out of her expertise..I had the op privately and feel totally in limbo at the moment…the private op follow up appointment wasn’t with my actual consultant and feel a bit let down by everyone at the moment!
    Had a full on day today from 5 am to 3, with 2 medical appointment s and I had to have a nap… back to actual work tomorrow for a trial 8- 1 but up to walk Stanley 5.30…no pressure to go in Thurs if struggling… so just going to see how it goes with 380 transition students!!!
    No need for replies…it’s fab everyone is moving on . just having an offload!!!

Ang10
    Participant

Bobs I’ve been really lazy with pelvic floor as it’s all been too much!!
    My bladder control wasn’t great pre op but had been told op would help…I haven’t noticed a difference yet!!
    I have pelvic physio soon so hopefully I will get back into a good routine!
    I do get weird twinges in places but just assumed its all to do with the op!!
    Xx

Bobs
    Participant

Flipping heck Ang, honestly they astound me. I wonder if the nurse would know more as they do the smears etc. It does need looking at I think. I’m going to attempt to get my Oestrogel via the docs so I don’t have to pay more for it via dr Newson and just have the meno care there. I’m predicting a battle though, which is madness!

Yes take it steady tomorrow x

Mich2610
    Participant

Hi Ang,
    Thats disgusting considering you went private. I also went private and my after care has been absolutely wonderful and continues for as long as I need it. I would complain. I have had welfare calls from my surgeon, physio for as long as I need it and my surgeons mobile number just incase.

Bobs,
    I also have bladder irritation and do pelvic floors everyday. I have not linked the two, but your theory is interesting. I wonder if the pelvic floors to irritate the bladder. I was told it is the most sensitive organ in the body, so would make perfect sense that pelvic floors would irritate. I will ease off doing them and see if it makes a difference. Maybe do them on alternate days? See if that helps.

Bobs
    Participant

Thanks Mich, yes do let me know if it makes a difference with you too. Next time you speak to your physio would you mind asking please?

I sometimes wish I’d gone private as the aftercare has been quite poor. The surgery is amazing but then nothing. I understand that there are pressures and budgets etc but I don’t think it’s too unreasonable to ask for a little bit of aftercare, basically just 1 decent check up appointment would do! Anyway I’ll try not to rant again. Xx

Mich2610
    Participant

Bobs,
    Yes sure, I am seeing her next Wednesday. I did speak to my surgeon about it when I saw him last and he just said it was healing and will take time. However, my physio knows her stuff so will ask her.

AmandaJD
    Participant

Hi all,

Just checking in. I’m feeling pretty good, still a few odd pains going on but I’m guessing that will be the case for a while yet. The thing that has been causing me to reach for the paracetamol at the moment is headaches. I did get them a bit pre-op but these are different, more in the bottom part of my head at the back instead of front and top like before!. They’re not debilitating, more just annoying.

I had 5 minutes on my horse on Friday once my friend had been on and tired out. It was lovely to be back on board but it will be a while until I can do more than just go for a wander. I’ve also been round the field with the shovel and wheelbarrow although I’ve been taking care not to overload it .

Bobs, I’m glad to hear you’re getting away on holiday in September. It’s good to have something to look forward to. Just a couple more weeks to wait for me xx

Bobs
    Participant

Thanks Mich.

Amanda – is the pain at the base of your skull at the back? If so I started with this last year when my muscles started to twang in my neck. I used to go to an amazing masseuse and part of the massage was her cradling the skull (no pressure on the spine) and resting her curled up fingers under the curve of the skull (sounds like torchure I know, but it’s really not). Perhaps your chap could give it a go, there’s probs a you tube vid somewhere. She got me a thing called an Occupivot, which looks v dodge but it’s the same principle, it just rests under the back of the skull until the tension is gone out of the muscles its brilliant. Sorry if I’ve gone off one one and it’s not that. Glad you are having fun with your horse. Xx

AmandaJD
    Participant

Thanks Bobs,

Yes, it sounds like the same thing. I’ll have a look into it – all my money has been going on extra horse care but now I’m able to do more myself I might even manage to treat myself to a massage soon. Trying to get motivated to go for a swim and sauna later – I said I was going to go weeks ago but never quite made it. It’s funny – the first few weeks were so frustrating not being able to do much, but now that I can do more I’m happier to sit and do nothing😂

AmandaJD
    Participant

Ang10
    Participant

Mich I might complain,I’m so shattered after 2 days at work.. just fell asleep on the sofa!!!
    Think I will cut the hours back tomorrow!!
    I also get swelly belly in the afternoon
    Bobs
    Amanda glad you got your 5 minutes on your horse!
    Bob’s great to have a holiday planned?
    Love to all xx

Bobs
    Participant

Ang yes great to have something to look forward too. We’re off the the Brecon Beacons next weekend for a few days, dreading the car journey.

I don’t know how you guys are coping with going back to work. Im really impressed. I still struggle at sitting straight upright for too long or being on my feet for ages. A half hour lie down sorts out the twinges for me. You are super women!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today