skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs April April 2019

Viewing 19 posts - 181 through 199 (of 199 total)
  • Author

Kimmy11
    Participant

Thanks for asking Mabelblu and Bookworm. I’m glad to hear your both on the mend.

I’m on day 5 and feel 90% back to normal. I’ve bern out shopping today and went out for dinner last night. I’m still a little slow getting into bed and I’m being very careful about what I lift, but otherwise can bed, dress myself, cook etc. I’m not even sleeping in the day. I will have 3 weeks off work but feel great. Having a BM each day and not even any emotional breakdowns yet! Ive has no pain relief since day 1, not even any Panadol.
    I know I’m very lucky, but thought it would be nice for you ladies still waiting to know that it can be this good. I think we’re going to go away for Easter to make the most of the long weekend.

Good luck to everyone who is going in this week. I’m thinking of you all.

K x

bookworm1972
    Participant

Wow Kimmy, that’s just amazing! What a recovery – I’m so pleased for you.h Hope it continues 😀👏

Mabelblu
    Participant

Jolina,

I would definitely get it checked out. Mine went a bit smelly. Other than that things seem to be going well for you. I agree with all your tips and your walking experiences are like mine too. I found day 10 onwards quite difficult though. I was more able but still quite limited.

Bookworm

Sorry to hear about hubby. I would carry on planning for help even if you end up not needing it. I’m day 23 and still need a lot done for me.

AmandaJD
    Participant

Thank you Mabelblu,

I’m sure the doctors know what they are doing – just need to keep reminding myself that everyone is different and I’ll just have to trust that everything will work out ok.

It sounds like everyone on the done couch is getting on great so fingers crossed that’s a good omen for the rest of us x

AJD
    Participant

Just wanted to say ‘hi’ and a big thank you xx

My mind has been working overtime … fear, anxiety and all the ‘what ifs’ but having found this forum is really helping.

Booked in for 27th April ….. and the lead up has been a nightmare.

Hope recoveries are going well and also thoughts with those who have dates.

Take care
    xx

Starshine
    Participant

Hi everyone, wanted to say hello from the done couch! Everything went well, she said my uterus was so swollen and I bled loads which explains why periods were so awful! Healing well and hoping to go home today, just waiting to be checked by the doctor. The first day was a bit of a blur, but mostly morphine and sleeping!

Just wanted to say, it has been so good to have everyone here to message and get replies from.

My top tips, on the other side would be:
    Start pelvic floor exercises before, just even a few before because you’ll be doing them afterwards too.

Get yourself a nice (small) glass to encourage you to drink as much water as possible.

I got a small electric heated pad and it’s been amazing as I’ve put it on my tummy and on my back too, which aches after days in bed and walking funny!

My husband got me a really nice blanket for before operation, which I have used every day and has helped to make me feel snuggly and comfortable.

I hope you’re all doing well, wherever you are in your process and happy to answer questions while it’s all still fresh in my mind!

It is a bit overwhelming beforehand,but I’m so pleased I’ve done it and everyone really knows what they’re doing so I’ve been happy to put myself in their hands and just rest as much as possible.

And don’t worry – it’s totally understandable that you’d think about it constantly beforehand. I know I did! But I’ve honestly never felt more sure about a decision. I’m so happy that I got here, after all those years!

Mabelblu
    Participant

Star shine,

Whoop whoop. Congratulations it’s all over. Some lovely ideas for comforts afterward. Hope you manage to go home today.

Bobs
    Participant

Hi ladies, back from my mini break and it is so lovely to hear all your positive experiences. I’m so pleased for you all you are doing amazingly well. I hope this is a good omen and long may it continue xxx

Good luck K4Naylor, Aquarius, Mitch and Ellis for this week. Then it is just us guys next week. What a hectic month!

I’ve got the joyous task of cleaning the flipping house from top to bottom again this week 😩 Very much hoping I’m not cancelled again next week, I can’t wait to just get it over and done with now.

Big hugs xxx

juleskirk50

Hubspot456 – 3rd April – On Done Couch
    Jolina – 4th April – On Done Couch
    Kimmy – 9th April – On Done Couch
    Bookworm – 9th April – On Done Couch
    Star shine – 12th April – On Done Couch
    K4naylor – 15th April – On Done Couch
    Aquarius – 17th April
    Mitch2610 – 18th April
    Ellis04 – 20th April
    Bobs – 23rd April
    Amanda – 25th April
    AJD – 27th April
    Sunlover – 29th April
    Beach lady – 29th April

Hello ladies,

K4naylor I hope all went well and you are comfortable on the couch this evening. We look forward to hearing from you when you can. Xx

Ladies you’re all doing remarkable well – Ups and downs are to be expected but just take it nice and gently and you’ll all get there – take care all xx

Welcome Amanda you’ve joined an amazing bunch of ladies who will support you through this xx 🙂

Mich2610
    Participant

Hi all,

Sorry not posted for a couple of days, its all been a bit hectic here. Sounds like everyone on the done couch are coping well so far, which is fab news.

K4, hope you are ok? And everything went well for you today.

Starshine, Fantastic news you are doing well. Hope you are home soon. An electric heated pad sounds like a great plan 👍

AJD
    Participant

Hope you are back home and feeling more comfortable Starshine x Thank you for the tips which are really helpful … my shopping list is getting longer by the minute! Now just need to research how to do these pelvic floor exercises and I’ll be all set to go!

Take care
    xx

Starshine
    Participant

Haha, yes it felt like something new was arriving every day before I went to hospital! If you’re in England (is everyone in England on here?) the Nhs app squeezy is a good one for pelvic floor exercises – you can set how many and how long for and it reminds you. But also, a physiotherapist should come round and see you and talk to you about it all afterwards – getting out of bed, going up and down stairs, exercises to do etc.
    The 101 handy hints for a happy hysterectomy book is brilliant too, if anyone doesn’t already own it. Really talks you through it, bit by bit.

I have a friend coming over today to help me wash my hair and get the last of that hospital off my skin! It feels important to have something nurturing done to my body, for her to be tended to a bit as she’s been through a lot. No matter how easy or difficult we find the process, it’s a lot for our bodies and important to nurture her back to health.

Mabelblu
    Participant

Thinking of you tomorrow Aquarius x Good idea Starshine…it’s like washing away those horrible feelings. Not long now for you either Mich.

Had a bit of a scare last night with some sharp pains but seem to have gone this morning!

bookworm1972
    Participant

Good luck for tomorrow Aquarius!

AmandaJD
    Participant

Hello all,

For all of those still waiting, I don’t know about you but I’m looking forward to this operation not being almost the only thing occupying my brain. It feels like I’ve thought of nothing else for months now. I have a long weekend over Easter and I’m torn between wanting to go and do something nice or have another mad cleaning fit.

Kimmy, can I ask if your operation was abdominal? It sounds like you’re doing very well.

Good luck to this week’s ladies xx

Kimmy11
    Participant

Hi Amanda

Mine was laparoscopic. So far I’ve bern very lucky. The danger is I feel so good that I forget. I picked up my puppy this evening then had deep pains. I’m hoping I haven’t done any damage!

The discomfort from the gas went away and came back yesterday. Is anyone else still having issues with it a week after surgery? It is mainly up under my ribs – really annoying.

Wishing everyone on the done couch a smooth and speedy recovery.

Bobs
    Participant

Hi Amanda, I was exactly the same as you, before mine got cancelled last month I was a wreck with anticipation. I’ve had a long run up to this though so feel that I (and my poor husband) know everything there possibly is to know about flaming hysterectomies, Menopause and HRT!!!! It takes over your life. But I have to say this month I’ve barely even thought about it. I’m sure next Tuesday will be a different story of course.

I think you should definitely do something lovely this weekend. You massively deserve it and it will be a little while before you will be able to do it again. Treat yourself. I’m getting my hair done on Friday and a massage on Saturday. After that I’m just going to wiz around with the hoover and the bathroom. I’m going to do yet another mega clean today and tomorrow and that’s it! I’m sick of flipping cleaning for this damned hysterectomy!

Try not to worry too much, we are having ours around the same time and can do this together xx

Bobs
    Participant

FYI, I know I’ve banged on about this before but there are some great you tube videos by Michelle Kenway (an Ozzy ladies physio) which show you how to do pelvic floors, get in and out of bed, and some basic back and abs exercise post op.

I’ve been doing the pelvic floors for about 3 months now and they are tricky at first but after a while you can build up to 10 reps of 10 seconds then 10 short ones 3 times a day. You can definitely feel them lifting the muscle that ‘hammocks’ your bits. I’ve also noticed a massive difference in bladder control, no more needing to go during the night etc.

There are lots of free apps that can help with timings etc

Xx

Bobs
    Participant

Kimmy, I’m having laproscopic too and my gyno said the gas they use can irritate the nerve in your diaphragm, which I guess is the ribbish area, which can then cause pain in the shoulder too. But this will go away.

I know some ladies in March found relief with a hot water bottle to shift it.

Xx

Viewing 19 posts - 181 through 199 (of 199 total)
  • The topic ‘April 2019’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today