skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs April April Angels 2015

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 916 total)
  • Author

Hello Abster,

Nice to meet you, look forward to more posts x

Tracey

Abster1970

Thanks Tracey.

And thanks for the thought about hairdressers. Great suggestion. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve been a bought my first things for the hospital today. Managed to find some small clear plastic bottles so I can just fill them with my own toiletries rather than taking in the full bottles. Need to go and find some new nightshirts but can’t see any I like. :(.

Abster

Cara84

Hello girls, I took a leaf out of your books at the weekend and bought myself a couple of nighties and also some big pants – both of these are alien to me! Anyhow, I felt a little better that I had done something but also scared as it is making it seem real. The weeks seem to be flying by at the moment for me, without wanting to wish my life away, I can’t wait for the whole thing to be over! I wonder how many more periods we will have to suffer before we have relief?!

Tracey – where are you going on holiday? I have one booked for beginning of August and I’m a little frightened that I won’t be back to my usual self.

Abster – good idea about the plastic bottles, I must get myself some of those!

Megs – I have been calling every week – I must be getting on their nerves, yet they still say ‘April’ with no specific date. I’ll keep on badgering them. I too am dreading the recovery. It will help having each other to chat too though, im sure.

Cara xxx

Morning Cara,

We’ve booked a 5 day break with Premier Cottages in Devon. Luckily it will be 10 weeks after my op, so already have to deal with the thought of hubby driving down haha but good to have something nice to look forward to. Should be sunny, lots of acres to walk with my dog Suzie, a little indoor pool to get myself relaxed and plenty of places nearby to eat.

Makes me more determined to let my body recover so I’ll be holiday fitish for July!

Tracey

Cara84

Oooohh Tracey that sounds perfect and just what you will deserve after all this. It’s definitely nice to have something to look forward to and the indoor pool sounds like heaven!

Cara xxx

Megs765

hello all,

Well Just over 5 weeks to go, and the nerves are really starting to jangle. Doubts, shall I, shan’t I, then Yep this needs to be done. Having read on the other forums I attempted last night to do some meditation. I need practice, i was totally useless :mrgreen: i imagined myself on the beach, water lapping at my feet, toes in the sand, then out of nowhere, i was wondering what to cook for tea, arguing in my head to concentrate on the blue calm sea, then up popped a speed boat, with people screaming. In other words I failed my first attempt at calming meditation completley, but will try again tonight. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I too have booked a holiday to Spain in September, and the rest of this has to be paid for in June, so i am hoping i will well and trully have recovered, before i part with my hard earned cash.

I am finding looking through Februarys Flowers useful, although a little scarry, but i am determined (today at least) to remain positive.

Fiji62
    Participant

Hi Megs,
    My hysterectomy (TAH/BSO) was on 18th April – almost 2 years ago. We went to Tenerife in late September that year & I was fine – just avoided lifting the suitcase. Remember to let your travel insurance know to avoid any problems.

Maybe the people on the speed boat were shouting for their tea? I cannot do meditation – my mind just wanders!

Fiona x

Hello All,

Meg’s – holiday in lovely, warm, sangria Spain sounds good.

I agree it’s hard to focus at the moment, Im just over 9 weeks off my op date now and having a nightmare week since last Friday. Have also tried focusing on my holiday in July as my point when I should be feeling through all this, but just feeling very frustrated and angry at having my plans with work, half term, not being able to sleep, 3 days of being tethered to the bathroom!!!

Rant over haha, started HRT after chat with my GP on Monday, know I’ll have to stop 4 weeks before op, but need help to get through until then. Zoladex helped with stopping any bleeding between my periods, but the 4 day build up and then my period are probably worse/same that before I had my 3 injections.

Hopefully only 2 more monthlies to endure, then I’m going to burn all my black knickers, sanitary products and towels that I’ve had to sleep on and look forward to a summer wearing white white white!!!

Hope everyone is hanging on in there, if not let us know, I feel better for getting it all out! My poor dog doesn’t like it when I’m feeling so bad. Literally cries until she can sit right on top of my sore stomach! They definitely know when something is wrong!

Tired, stroppy, dizzy Tracey x

lelaben81

Hi I have my date for 19th April. Op will be following morning. Very scary prospect. Any reassurance would be great!
    I’m having a total hysterectomy done at the RVI in Newcastle Upon Tyne. I’m also diabetic so trying to keep my levels under control which is so hard when stressing too.
    Good luck to everyone else x

juleskirk50

Hi lelaben,
    Welcome to the April Angels.
    I have added you to the list.

Cara – TBC
    Megs – 2nd April
    Abster1970 – 8th April
    Lelaben – 19th April
    Traceymartin – 28th April

You will find plenty of support and advice here. The April list is still small – but I’m certain more people will be along soon to join in.
    Browse round the site – looking in to the current / recent monthly groups will give you an idea of how preparation and recovery is progressing..

Any questions, just ask. There is no such thing as a silly question on here!

lelaben81

Thanks x

Hi lelaben

Welcome to the mad house! Hope you’re feeling ok, are you getting things organized ready for your rest? I’ve had a pack of oven cleaner staring at me, but as yet hasn’t jumped out the packet haha

Tracey x

Megs765

I am currently going through a whole nesting scenerio. Not sure if this is due to op or the fact that my son is coming back to live with us next weekend! I have cleared out cupboards, thrown out so much stuff, had to go to hospital yesterday to get results of 24 hour ECG. Was so nervous it would put my op on hold but it all turned out fine. Now I keep worrying something will go wrong at the pre op. I seem to have tuned into a real worry wart lately, a confused one at that, since the other half of my Brain keeps wanting to back out of having the op anyway. I am blamin it all on the injections they are giving me and the fact that havin this op coming up has sent me slightly nuts!

Fiji62
    Participant

Good morning ladies,

I have another lady coming to join you. PrevJ1971 is still waiting for a date, but it should be in April.

Cara – TBC
    Megs – 2nd April
    Abster1970 – 8th April
    Lelaben – 19th April
    PrevJ1971 – TBC

Your list is small at present, but it will grow.

I hope all is going well with everyone,

Fiona x

PrevJ1971

Hi, I’m Joanne.

Currently waiting for a date for my op, but told it will be next month.

Fiji62
    Participant

Good afternoon ladies,

Another April Angel is coming along. Yallolorry has her date – 2nd April.
    I’m sure you will support each other. Feel free to join in other groups – March Moonstones would be useful – to get an idea of the journey you are about to undertake.

Cara – TBC
    Yallolorry – 2nd April
    Megs – 2nd April
    Abster1970 – 8th April
    Lelaben – 19th April
    PrevJ1971 – TBC

Fiona x

Megs765

Yeah I have a twin! We are both 2nd April yallolorry was getting nervous being one of the first angels now I get to share!

Morgar77

Good Afternoon.

My TAH with a vertical incision will be on the 6th of April. Really scared.

juleskirk50

Good afternoon and welcome morgar77 – I have added you to the list xx

You will get plenty support and advice here and if you have any questions there is usually someone who can answer.
    I would also suggest you have a read at the february/march forums where the ladies are recovering just to get an idea of whats ahead of you !! ๐Ÿ˜›

They are all very supportive and hopefully can help you feel a bit less scared xx ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™‚

Cara – TBC
    Yallolorry – 2nd April
    Megs – 2nd April
    Morgar77 – 6th April
    Abster1970 – 8th April
    Lelaben – 19th April
    PrevJ1971 – TBC

Fiji62
    Participant

Good afternoon ladies,
    it is cold, grey and miserable here!

Another April Angel is coming your way. Heartsese01 is scheduled for April 8th.

Cara – TBC
    Yallolorry – 2nd April
    Megs – 2nd April
    Morgar77 – 6th April
    Abster1970 – 8th April
    Heartsese 01 – 8th April
    Lelaben – 19th April
    PrevJ1971 – TBC

Fiona x

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 916 total)
  • The topic ‘April Angels 2015’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today