skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs April April Angels 2015

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 916 total)
  • Author

Abster1970

Hi everyone

Just wondered how all the April angels were doing. It’s suddenly starting to feel very real for me, in fact I dreamt about being anaesthetised last night. I’ve bought a new nightshirt and dressing gown today to try and find something nice about being in hospital.

I’ve got my pre-op next Monday and then it’s only 2 1/2 weeks until the big day.

Abby

Abster1970

Hey heartsese

I just noticed we are having our ops on the same day. Welcome.

Abby

Cariad70

Hi Abby

I have just popped in from the Moonstones, I am having my op tomorrow so trying to relax at the moment. I am really interested in dreams so looked up yours about being anaesthetised and it suggested that you are trying to suppress your emotions instead of confronting them. There may be situation in your life that you are desperately trying to avoid. How spooky is that??

Happy shopping for your op, don’t forget the big knickers! I got mine from Primark, I have told my DH that I am going to keep them, he wasn’t impressed!

Xxx

Abster1970

Good luck for tomorrow Cariad.

That’s intersting about the dream. I’m also I’m the process of applying for the job I’ve been seconded into for the last 4 months. The process has been going I for the last 2 months an I’m getting frustrated by it so there’s no wonder I’m dreaming about being anaesthetised.

I thinks I’ve got lots of pairs of big knickers. Unsexy but comfy!!!

Xx

georgianna

Hi my name is georgianna my abdominal hysterectomy is april 6th 730 am …im 46 single mom my two sons dont talk to me ๐Ÿ™ so this is a surgery im soo nervous about . My best friend is the only one i got but she is sick herself with oxygen and has her own health problems…so to be honest im alone in this…thank god i found this site been going around reading it…i lost my 18yr son 6yrs ago so the only thing going thru my head lately is him…guess thats normal….but god i wish i had some help for when i get home . My dr said 6 to 8 wks to recovery…thats the part i worry about i already have incontinence so i pray that it doesnt get really worse…i wish i knew someone here that had one but i dont. Thanks for listening. ..

Fiji62
    Participant

Hi Georgianna,

You will get support and understanding from the ladies here – unfortunately we cannot provide practical support at home!

I have added you to the April Angels list. Many of our members live alone – and are coping on their own post surgery, although some practical support is helpful. I think the answer is to be as organised as you can be pre-op. Fill the freezer with easy to prepare / reheat meals, make sure everything you will need is at a height that means you don’t have to reach up or bend down.

Here is the link to the recovery guide which you will find useful:
    Recovery guide โ€“ a realistic guide to recovery
    http://gallery.mailchimp.com/a5692c6457e86f0e2182630fa/files/sbs_recovery.pdf?utm_source=Free+Hysterectomy+Booklet&utm_campaign=30c61c525a-Booklet-14&utm_medium=email

Cara – TBC
    Yallolorry – 2nd April
    Megs – 2nd April
    Morgar77 – 6th April
    Georgianna – 6th April
    Abster1970 – 8th April
    Heartsese 01 – 8th April
    Lelaben – 19th April
    Traceymartin – 28th April
    PrevJ1971 – TBC

Any questions, just ask – someone usually has the answer.

Fiona x

georgianna

Thank u so much…

Fiji62
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I have a new April Angel – Agraves ( Amanda) has had her date brought forward from May.

Cara – TBC
    Yallolorry – 2nd April
    Megs – 2nd April
    Morgar77 – 6th April
    Georgianna – 6th April
    Abster1970 – 8th April
    Heartsese 01 – 8th April
    Lelaben – 19th April
    Agraves- was 11thMay now 27th April
    PrevJ1971 – TBC

Hope you are all doing well – keep chatting.

Fiona x

juleskirk50

Hello everyone!

I have a new April Angel – altered images who has been cancelled from March and needs some support. Xxx

Cara – TBC
    Yallolorry – 2nd April
    Megs – 2nd April
    Morgar77 – 6th April
    Georgianna – 6th April
    Abster1970 – 8th April
    Heartsese 01 – 8th April
    Lelaben – 19th April
    Agraves- was 11thMay now 27th April
    Alteredimage – 13th April
    PrevJ1971 – TBC

Hope you are all doing well – keep chatting.

Alteredimage

Hello everyone. I was two days away from my operation date when the hospital phoned to say they had made a mistake and had put me on the wrong surgeon’s list. Just at the point where I was getting over my nerves and wanting to get on with it. Now I have a clear desk and an empty diary and am at a bit of a loss. I am also keen to get rid of the dull stomach ache and other prolapse problems. Ah well. I am hearing from others who have had to wait months to get a date in the first place. Its also more difficult as my teenagers will be tied up with summer exams whereas previously they would have been home revising and thus able to hold the fort when my husband had to go into work. I’m sure will work out. And I am pleased I can recuperate through the summer.

teedee43

Please add my name to the list. I have had a date for my hysterectomy confirmed as28th April!!!

juleskirk50

Hello everyone ๐Ÿ˜†

Cara – TBC
    Yallolorry – 2nd April
    Megs – 2nd April
    Morgar77 – 6th April
    Georgianna – 6th April
    Abster1970 – 8th April
    Heartsese 01 – 8th April
    Lelaben – 19th April
    Agraves- was 11th May – now 27th April
    Teedee – 28th April
    PrevJ1971 – TBC

Evening teedee and welcome – you are now on the list – you will also receive plenty support and advice from all the lovely ladies here !! Xx ๐Ÿ˜€

Hope all your preparations are going well ladies xx

Megs765

Hello all. Our list is getting longer and I am getting very nervous, it helps reading other posts. Starting to get my hospital bag together using all the tips I have read on this site. Got my hair cut and coloured. Each time I do somethin to prepare for the opportunity I get a bit more sscared. I shall be shaking in a corner by the actual day

Cariad70

Morning Angels, I have just popped in from the Moonstones. I had my op on Monday and can totally relate to what you are saying Megs. Last week, I had to do something each day that got me closer to the op, cat to the vet for jabs, final blood test, car service, hair coloured and cut. When I came out of hairdressers on Friday, I had a bit of a meltdown as that was the final thing. Please go with whatever feelings you have, they are all totally normal. I have to say I spent a long time wondering if I really needed this op, but now sitting on the couch, I know I made the right decision and feel so much for getting rid of my pesky fibroids and endometriosis. You take care and if you have any questions or just want to rant, you go for it girl!

Big hugs
    Xxx

Cara84

Hi all, well I had the call for a date for my op. The 1st April! With pre-op this Wednesday 25th. So just over a week to go until the big day. To say I am scared now is an understatement, although I suppose it might be a good thing that I have less time to panic!

Cara xx

Fiji62
    Participant

Hi Al,

Just updating the list with Cara’s date.
    You will be the first of the April Angels – not having too long to worry is good. Remember that the waiting is the worst part!

Cara – 1st April
    Yallolorry – 2nd April
    Megs – 2nd April
    Morgar77 – 6th April
    Georgianna – 6th April
    Abster1970 – 8th April
    Heartsese 01 – 8th April
    Lelaben – 19th April
    Teedee – 28th April
    PrevJ1971 – TBC

Fiona x

juleskirk50

Hello ladies,

Louise ( who was meant to have her operation today and was cancelled at the very last minute) will be joining you as she is now having her op on the 2nd April xx

I hope you are all getting organised and not worrying too much. Xxx

Cara – 1st April
    Louise – 2nd April ( cancelled from 23rd March )
    Yallolorry – 2nd April
    Megs – 2nd April
    Morgar77 – 6th April
    Georgianna – 6th April
    Abster1970 – 8th April
    Heartsese 01 – 8th April
    Lelaben – 19th April
    Teedee – 28th April
    PrevJ1971 – TBC

Abster1970

Evening everyone

How is everyone doing.

I had my pre-op today and the nerves gave really kicked in. Had to walk past the entrance to theatres on my way and had a little panic. Only 16mkore days to go. I have to say that thankfully my pre-op was really straightforward and I’ve come away armed with my pre op carbohydrate drinks. Haven’t been measured for my stockings, that treat is saved until the day of my surgery!

I’m getting my hair cut and coloured on Saturday and am aware more and more that I’m getting into prep mode, especially as I keep adding things to my ‘hospital bag’ list.

Abby x

Cara84

Hi Abby, can I ask what your pre op involved? Mine is tomorrow and I’m even worried about that now! I’m being a wimp I know. I had lots of plans for having my hair done, getting everything ready etc but as they have given me just over a week’s notice, I’m going to struggle to fit everything in now. Enjoy your trip to the hairdressers, I think we should each get a spa day the week before we go in, that would cheer us up no end ๐Ÿ™‚

Cara xx

Abster1970

Hi Cara. I was really nervous too, but it was fine.

They just weighed and measured me, took my blood pressure and pulse and I had to have some bloods taken. Apart from that they asked lots of questions about whether I had heart problems, problems with blood clots, how much I drink, smoke etc and also whether I’ve had an anaesthetic before and how I was after it. They then talked my through exactly what I needed to do to prep and what would happen on the day. I had loads of questions that they answered too.

It only took about 45 minutes and most of it was just answering questions. Good luck, you’ll be fine.

Abby x

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 916 total)
  • The topic ‘April Angels 2015’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today