skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs April April Angels 2015

Viewing 20 posts - 881 through 900 (of 916 total)
  • Author

Bella01

I’ll have a look on Ebay lol x x

Alea0415

Buying trousers/pants for the Fall/Winter season. Still not back yet to normal work trousers, so searching via Amazon for some elastic pull-ons with short legs that work for a not so normal stomach. LandsEnd.co.uk is also on my shopping list, long time favourite. Recommendations welcome.

Alea

Mackem68

TAH &BSO
    hi!!! I am having problems with certain trousers as they are rubbing ‘down below’!!! I know TMI!!! No problems with them fitting me but even the slightest bit of tightness and i am so irritated there!!!
    Back to work next week and i tend to wear trousers as they are more practical for my job, i work with 5 year olds so i spend a fair amount of time on the floor!!!!
    Swelly belly is not too bad, worse as the day goes on, my physio told me to massage it!!!
    Xx

Sleepystar

Physio?
    I haven’t had the problem of rubbing down below trousers but have struggled to find any! However today I went into Next and they have loads of elasticated trousers in a variety of colours and patterns. Hopefully sorted now!

Mackem68

Hi sleepystar
    Yes i wanted some advice on how to help strengthen my pelvic floor and help with my pouch!!! Got some free physio through my job so i thought why not!!! She was very helpful and only needed that one session to point me in the right direction!!
    Watched my own mum having lots of bladder problems after her hysterectomy and do not want to end up like her!!!

Sleepystar

Really? Free physio? I work in education but as a TA, is it through your LA? What sort if things did she advise?

Mackem68

Yes, its through my county council, have to claim the money back but we recently had a letter telling us all about different treatments we can have for up to a certain amount, its not much but it’s better than nothing!!!
    She told me to try and do the pelvic floor squeeze exercises as i brushed my teeth!!! Then she went through another couple of deep abdominal exercises to do, if you google it you get an australian physio on YouTube, she’s pretty good and it’s basically what the physio has asked me to do, she also recommended yoga or pilates to strengthen core muscles
    Hope this helps????

Mackem68

Hello April ladies
    Well yet again another visit to the GP!!!
    Had a feeling i had a urine infection but seemed to be coping with lots of water and painkillers
    Sample sent away for culture and my GP is writing to my gynae to see me again
    I refused antibiotics until the results from the lab come back, until then its water,water,water!!!! Toilet,toilet, toilet!!!
    GP says its from having intercourse last week!!! Totally fed up now!!! Anyone else had this problem???
    I’m 4 months post TAH

Sleepystar

Sorry to hear that, hope you feel better soon!

Mackem68

Hi sleepystar
    I’m not too bad, tummy a bit sore but nothing i can’t cope with for now!!! Back to work this week!!! Just what I needed a UTI!!
    If things get worse by in the morning I’ll be back to the GP for antibiotics
    I have ordered some D Manoose from Amazon, have had them before and they seem to help with UTI
    GP also wants me to see gynae again before my oct appointment, so it’s all going on again
    Xx

Alea0415

Hi folks! I had a small setback when I tried to lift some gravel for the driveway, thinking it would be similar to lifting my barbell — wrong! Four days of rest while swelly belly came back. Better now, looks more like a stomach than the Michelin Man.

Three people at work this week have asked me if I am now fully okay. As I am not 100 percent yet, never sure quite how to answer that one other than “working on it”. Taking it day by day, life is still throwing some tomatoes on my path…..

Alea

Bella01

I know the feeling Alea. I would say I was about 80% back to normal but like you say the odd day gives you a reality check to take it easy. Tiredness is my nemesis at the moment. It takes me my days off work to feel good enough to go back. However, we are all still much better than what we were pre op. So onwards and upwards to us all. Stay well everyone x

Alea0415

This is me, thought you all would appreciate it given my commentaries. You do not have to be on Twitter to view it:
    pic.twitter.com/3R9804aZ5R

Onward and upward, Alea

Bella01

Good lord Alea. That photo makes my eyes water. You go girl x x

Bella01

Good morning ladies. I have been having the odd occasion of slight bleeding after intercourse recently. Has anyone else experienced the same. It’s not very much and I’ve no pain. Hope you are all feeling well x

Bella01

Thanks Alea. I’ve had a good read. It seems quite a common side effect due to a bit of granulation still left to heal. Easily treated with a bit of silver nitrate or just give it a bit longer to heal naturally. I think I will give it a bit more time. It’s only happened twice. Good to know there is lots of info on it. Hope you are well x

Mackem68

Hi all!!!
    Wish i could have sex to see if i did bleed!!! No seriously, have had a UTI which i managed to sort with drinking lots of water and using D Mannose tablets, had swab results through which showed i had thrush!!! Taken my tablet for that yesterday, seeing my gynae this friday so i need to ask why all this is happening??? I’m starting to wonder if my HRT dosage is wrong, too much oestrogen maybe??? Do i need both oral HRT and cream??? Also last time we tried apart from getting the UTI and thrush it was quite painful at the top if you know what i mean??? No doubt another internal so my gynae can have a look, im feeling very ticked off to be honest, if i knew all this would happen i would have pushed for another myectomy instead if the TAH,just kept getting told i was safer having it all took out!!!!
    Thats my moan over!!!
    Just had to put my heating on, im freezing!!!
    Mackem xx

Alea0415

My kine thinks my bowel has moved down slightly. No issue on the pelvic floor, but that statement kind of bothered me. Although it is logical that the empty space is now being filled as organs shift around….. I really dislike this whole thing, wish I knew what is really going on, medicine seems like more black magic than science.

jill b

Hi Alea Im still posting one year on after having four unsuccessful prolapse operations,and it really worries me to see girls on her that are lifting heavy weights,whilst not wanting to scare anyone I had a heavy job changing around 15 beds in a holiday let setting well that was my last job and Iwas told that heavy lifting wouldnt have done my pelvic floor much good.when I think back I thought nothing of moving slabs around carrying heavy garden stones etc etc but now being told it all weakens the pelvic floor even though I do regular pelvic exercise.M y last op was with mesh to hold up bladder bowel and upper bowel prolapses up but now this mesh is causing even more probs and Have been on antibiotics for seven months but looks like it has to come out and I will prob be back to square one, something I wouldnt wish on anyone as when all these prolapses come down I can barely walk let only function,I was told no lifting no weights heavier than the 2pinta milk cartons for life so cannot understand you girls being given the go ahead with weight lifting.

It may be totally wrong advice in your case as I know there can be so much conflicting advice given in different cases/areas but at least if you can see other peoples experiences on here you can perhaps make a better judgement, no one seems to give you advice on these prolapses until it is too late,

Sincerely wishing you all the best.Love jill b xxx

Sleepystar

Jill b, two pints? I have heard about not lifting heavy weights for life but nobody seems to say what constitutes as heavy! I am nit one of the weight lifters but would like to know as it would have an impact on everyday life. (Always buy 4 pints!)

Viewing 20 posts - 881 through 900 (of 916 total)
  • The topic ‘April Angels 2015’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today