skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs April April Operation 2

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 116 total)
  • Author

Andrea
    Participant

Kate…I think it all depends on your surgeon and how many are on the list for that day !??
    Adele…I think that most people have to wear them due to length of surgery and where it is but don’t hold me to that ! I’ve tried to call the ward to ask but no answer so I’m having a break from them for the evening ??? VERY liberating I must say.

Sharon

Hi Kate

I have to go in for 11:30 on Monday for a pm list that starts at 1pm. I have no idea where abouts on the list I will be but depending on your surgeon it can be any time until after 5. I would recommend plenty of reading material x

Caroline

Hi

I arrived at hospital at 12pm, was first on the list and in theatre about 1.45pm. I had flowtron boots on overnight, now surgical stockings and just been told I need an injection in my stomach for each day in hospital to reduce the risk of clots

Caroline x

Katecoe37

Thank you for your reply Sharon,fingers crossed I won’t have to wait too long and hopefully you don’t have to wait till late afternoon for your operation xx

veronica

Providing there are no complications how many days am I likely to be in hospital?

Vonnie1974

Hi all I’m home thank god and not in too much pain so pleased it over!! Good luck to all that are due to have there’s I was so scared but actually isn’t as bad as you think take care and good luck x

Katecoe37

Hi ladies
    Veronica I was told roughly 2 days if everything goes ok I’m having TAH and bso,I getting slightly nervous op is on Wednesday,I hope ur op goes well ?

Andrea
    Participant

Glad your home safe on the couch Vonnie …rest up and enjoy your own bed ????
    Try and keep yourself busy Kate..Wednesday will soon be here !!!

Vonnie1974

Hi ladies had op Thursday was everyone else’s tummy swollen like your pregnant x

veronica

When I looked on the nhs website it said 4-5 days. I am feeling stressed out and anxious tomorrow cannot come soon enough, hopefully by this time tomorrow it will all be over.

Katecoe37

Hi Veronica yes I looked on website 2 and saw it said up 2 5 days but my consultant said 2 days is usually how long women stay in for unless there is compilations,I was shocked at this but truth be told I would rather be home and recovering in my own home and bed ?
    All the best for tomorrow xxxx

Katecoe37

Afternoon ladies
    Quick question how long was everybody’s hospital stay?

juleskirk50

Afternoon ladies,

Kate – I had a VH and was in for 2 nights even though I was told it would likely be three I was desperate to get home and be in my own bed – it depends how you are but I would say a minimum of two nights !! X

Glynise, Veronica and Sharon very good luck for tomorrow I hope it goes well and you are all soon sitting on the comfy done couch xx

Try to have a relaxing evening x

Tracy – TBC
    Claire – 1st April On Done Couch
    Andrea – 1st April – On Done Couch
    Caroline – 6th April – On Done Couch
    Vonnie – 6th April – On Done Couch
    Gaynor – 6th April – On Done Couch
    Glynise – 10th April
    Sharon – 10th April
    Veronica – 10th April
    Katecoe – 12th April
    Adele – 13th April
    Kay – 19th April
    Phillipa – 20th April
    Marie – 25th April

Caroline

Hi ladies. Had my op on Thurdsay and still in hospital. Stomach ok but terrible headaches which I cant get under control so back on IV fluids. Hopefully will sort itself out soon so I can go home ?

Fiji62
    Participant

Good luck tomorrow Glynise, Sharon & Veronica.

I had a TAH and was in for 4 nights post op – but if I had not had a 2 hour journey home I could have been out after 3 nights. Also I had to wear stockings 24/7 for 6 weeks, but only had injections while in hospital.

Have a good evening everyone,

Fiona x

Glynise

Can’t believe it’s finally our turn Sharon and Veronica!! Have kept myself busy and haven’t felt too bad today, just the understandable anxieties of what tomorrow will bring…
    Any way good luck to the both of you and hoping you other post op ladies are all recovering well.

Glynise ?

Sharon

Best of luck Glynise and Veronica, we will soon be on the done couch xx

Sharon

Katecoe37

Good luck ladies ??

Glynise

Just thought I’d check in to say, it’s been a really easy admittance to the very nice ward. Nurses have been lovely – so, after a little tearful blip when I left my ? this morning, I am sitting awaiting my op in a fairly relaxed state – Fingers crossed it continues smoothly!
    Glynise x

Andrea
    Participant

Hoping everyone’s op goes well today !!!
    I managed a ten minute walk today..very slowly but if felt nice to be out !
    I had a really uncomfortable day yesterday with lots of pain in upper tummy area…think it was just wind by my goodness it hurt ? am going to try and eat little and often from now on as I think it could have been a Sunday dinner that did it !!! It’s always so much nicer when cooked by someone else though isn’t it !!!
    Hubby back to work today but kids on hols so have them looking after me now !!! Luckily they are older so able to that…in there own special way ??????

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 116 total)
  • The topic ‘April Operation 2’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today