skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs April April saviors 2013

• This topic contains 4,778 replies, has 55 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year ago.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 4,779 total)
  • Author

soapsuds41

Hey hope nobody minds me naming this month the April Saviors 2013 as I’ve been given my date as the 15th April.

Becki221

Hey soapsuds, welcome to the site and as your are the first April lady then you were quite right to name the monthly club whatever you like!!

It may be a little while (I hope not though) before you get anyone join you as from what I have seen it is rare to have a date 3months ahead!! In the mean time you can always chat with us February fruits, march make overs and the January jets who are currently going through their ops which will give you a great idea if why your about to go through!! I am a fruit (op date 13th feb but only found out on Wednesday) but I have been hanging round here since August last year and have found the info available on this forum from all the lovely ladies who have gone through it absolutely invaluable!! You can ask any question you like and there is always someone who can help!!

Good luck for the future and I’m looking forward to hopefully getting to know you over the coming weeks/months xx

soapsuds41

Thanks Becki221 I got my date the same day I saw my consultant as he did it through the easi booking scheme at the Manor Hospital in Walsall.

Becki221

That sounds great, wish I had that with my consultant!! The months a waiting and making all those annoying phone calls to his secretary drove me mental lol. Like I say make sure you pop in and chat to us to make sure you get the support!!

Can I ask why your having the op?? Xx

soapsuds41

I have stage 3 Endometriosis, after years of heavy periods i had a laser ablation 2 years ago and have suffered over the last year with very painful episodes when around that time of the month was in hospital 3 times last year with it but on the last time in noverember the female dr that saw me said she wasn’t happy that they had no reason for the pain and said she wanted a laproscomy the next day thats when they found the Endometriosis and discovered it had adhered to my bowel aswell so all the years had been told I had ibs it was caused by Endo. They gave me a follow up appointment 14th Jan the consultant told me I needed a hysterectomy and sent me straight round to easy book.

Becki221

Well finally you have an answer Hun and can start thinking of a life without pain!! Xx

Muscadet

Glad you’ve finally got answers soapsuds! M x

steph53

Hi all, got my date in November, having TAH on 8th April, fingers crossed. Am so relieved i found this site as the information on it has been a big help.

Becki221

Hi Steph, welcome to the forum!! Soon more ladies will join the April saviours so you’s can share the journey together!! In the mean time if this is a bit quiet, your more then welcome to come an get to know us feb fruits, march makeovers or any other monthly groups if you like!!

Good luck on your journey an I look forward to getting to know you in the coming months xxx

Muscadet

Hi Steph

Welcome to the forum, everyone is really friendly on here, one big hyster team helping everyone through! πŸ™‚
    Like Becki says join in the discussions in the other month groups as well and I look forward to getting to know you more. I’m having TAH on 11th Feb.
    M x

cupcake1

Hello April Saviors

Hi Soapsuds, well done starting April Forum. How are you doing with preop symtoms? I hope they are not to bothersom this weekend. Make you use of the time when your on here to look around the site so you can learn all about on whats ahead for you. Im sure as the weeks go more ladies will join xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Steph, glad you also got your date, Like I said above use the time to look up on here all you can also like Beckie says get to know the Feb Fruits so you can see their countdown to ops & how they recover.
    Hope your preop symtoms also are not bothersome this weekend.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

steph53

Hi girls, well and truely fed up today, had letter wkend to tell me op for 8th April cancelled due to consultant being on annual leave !!! Bit of a nightmare considering partner had arranged wk off after op to care for me and that cannot now be changed due to cover having been sorted for her. Dont begrudge them time off but do they have to do it when they know they have women booked for ops. Am now waiting for another date to come threw, which hopefully wont be too far away as i also have to have an abdominal hernia repair this year and this cant be done until i have recovered from my TAH. Hope all you lovely ladies are good today. xxx πŸ™

Becki221

Oh no, Steph I am so sorry to be reading this!! Please try and stay positive, although I know this we be hard at the moment. Unfortunately this seems to happen quite a lot and I guess when your booked so early there is more of a chance of things to change!!

Give it a few days then ring up and speak to your consultants secretary, make sure you are on the radar!! Be polite and friendly but explain you situation and how this had messed up lots of arrangements!! Make sure your noticed but not a pain. Would you be happy to take a cancellation date?? Let her know if you are!!

What does hubby do?? But law you only have to a certain amount notice for holidays, I think it’s double so if he wants a week off he had to give 2 weeks notice, I’m sure there must be something similar for changing holidays!! Could he not explain to his boss the situation you’s are now in???

Stick around this site though and get the support you need and use the time to gather all the info you can xxx

steph53

Hi Becki, just got off phone to consultants secetary and explained the situation, have been told there is one more lady before me to sort out, so hopefuly will hear something soon. Problem with partners work is that there is only a small work force and other employees have holiday booked so its difficult for them to change things. Fingers crossed she will get the new job she has applied for, if she does she is finished at 1pm each day so things will be ok. Thanks for your concern. xxx

steph53

Hi Ladies, hope everybody is well. Sad, but at the same time, very happy to say that i am leaving the April Saviors and joining the March Makeovers. My April 8th cancelation has now been turned into a March 25th for TAH/BSO. So a bad start to the week has changed to a very happy end to the week. Cant believe i am so happy about having my first op at 50yrs of age, but there are definatly some body parts i will be glad to see the back of !!
    Hope eveybodys April ops go well, and fingers crossed i will be reading about your progress from the ‘ done couch ‘ now. xxx πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Muscadet

Soapsuds I hope you’re ok, I’m sure there will be more ladies with April dates on here with you soon in the meantime come and join us fruity feb lot!

Fab news Steph what a relieve for you! πŸ™‚

M x

kylie9544

Can I join you April saviours?

I had my date last Monday for 16th April to have an anterior and posterior repair and a vaginal hysterectomy. I have my pre assessment next Friday. It seems ages away but sounds daft but wanted a little extra time to get my head around it etc …

Kylie x

cupcake1

Goodnight Kylie

So glad your pre op went well so that’s one hurdle behind you.
    Its now all very real for you so I hope you manage to sleep tonight so tomorrow you have a clear head to
    Soon start planning for your op.
    Buckle up for the EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER RIDE LOL & the hysteria part of ectomy lol
    Post any questions or fears you may have & the lovely ladies on here will ease your fears.
    Your among friends now on this journey that will in time lead to a better life.
    There’s nothing we don’t talk about its all ok on here as we all been through it or going through it.
    It’s also a place to offload & get support & advice so now your not alone on your road to hysterectomy.

Well done again with your pre op apmt.

Sleep tight xxxxxxx

kylie9544

Thank you for being so kind to me cupcake x

cupcake1

Hi Kylie

It seems quiet tonight on here, guess Happy Friday lol.

How has your day been?
    xxx

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 4,779 total)
  • The topic ‘April saviors 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today