skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs April Clothing size after hysterectomy?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

AJD
    Participant

Not sure if this is a ridiculous question – but when I went for my pre-assessment she told me that basically because I’m very small I would look pregnant afterwards. I didn’t think to ask whether it was short term or permanent.

All my clothes are pretty fitted, I live in jeans. I’m wondering if clothes size or stomach shape changes for a while …. for ever … or goes back to original.
    Got visions of living in a nightie for the next few weeks 😊
    xx

hubspot456
    Participant

Two weeks post op and I’ve not tried getting into my jeans yet. Although I’ve lost about 4kg my abdomen is definitely a different shape and gets more swollen as the day goes on. Although I never wore leggings before I find them the most comfortable to wear as I can pull them high up so the waistband doesn’t sit where the belly button is. I imagined that the area that would be tender would be where the incision is but that’s not the case. The stomach muscles take time to heal so I’m hopeful that over the next month or so I’ll be back to normal (not that my stomach was flat anyway after 2 children!)

AJD
    Participant

Thank you for the feedback hubspot – that’s really helpful … hopefully then I’m not going to end up having to buy a whole new wardrobe!!! Just have to wear my choice of two nighties, my one dress and big pants of course, for the next couple of months 😁
    xx

Sarah
    Participant

Sarah
    Leggings are the best .
    I am still in them 7 weeks on .
    I looked 6 months pregnant until week 4 but back to my normal size now however I can’t tolerate jeans or zips and buttons .
    Tunics over leggings look great can be fitted or loose .
    I am a total newcomer to this group and joined 2 days ago .
    Hello all .

AJD
    Participant

Hi Sarah .. nice to meet you 😊 How are you feeling after 7 weeks.

Thank you for your message – seems like the leggings are sounding the comfortable option . Think I may need to go shopping!
    xx

Mabelblu
    Participant

AJD,

Yes I agree with Sarah, leggings are really supportive and then tunic dresses or tops. I just bought a few the next size up. I’m pretty sure your belly will return to normal but mine hasn’t yet and I’m 5 weeks in. X

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today