skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs December December 2017

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
  • Author

juleskirk50

Here is the thread for any ladies having their surgery in December.

Corrina is our only lady so far …. x

Corrina – 19th December

Corrina Kenny
    Participant

πŸ˜† my new name did make me laugh so this forum definitely helps πŸ˜† I sound like an old car and maybe that is what I am going to feel like after my op! Any chance you can change me to Corrina..xx

juleskirk50

Corrina – 19th December

Oops – changed now – sorry – glad we made you laugh though πŸ˜‰xx

Tamara
    Participant

Good evening Corrina,

Yes your date is a little close to Christmas but look at the positives – you have time to get all your Christmas shopping done before you go in, lots on tv, you can’t / won’t be able to cook the Christmas lunch so somebody else will have to have that job along with the washing up and somebody else will also have to take the tree down for you ☺️

So get all your shopping done before you go in and Post op put your feet up and enjoy being looked after xxx

Corrina Kenny
    Participant

Thanks Juleskirk50, no worries, it’s not the first time or probably the last time.

Hi Tamara and fionaspence, thanks for the lovely welcome… yep someone else will be doing it all I will just be supervising! Christmas shopping is nearly done and then we are having our Xmas dinner and a few drinks on Sunday 17th πŸ˜‰.
    This will be my laziest Christmas ever, will be able to watch all those films I keep promising myself and never get the chance to watch.

Hope you are both doing well x

fionaspence
    Participant

Sounds like you’ve got it all in hand, Corrina!
    Supervising? Na, let them get on with it πŸ™‚ I never went in the kitchen for a week, and I think it was for the best, LOL!!! What I don’t see can’t stress me out πŸ™‚ Make sure they’ve peeled those grapes right when they bring them, though πŸ˜€

It’s a brilliant time to catch up on boxsets and films, lol. And audiobooks, too. I did all of Lord of The Rings the first coupke of weeks, and I’m rewatching Battlestar Galactica πŸ˜‰ Faves from the October ladies are Breaking Bad, Motherland, and anything with Tom Hardy in it, hahaha. Get them all lined up πŸ™‚ Priorities x

Hi Corrina, I’m due to have my op the very last day of November so thought I would pop by & say hi. It’s fab that you are so organized for Christmas, should give the best chance of plenty of rest & relaxation post-op.

Corrina Kenny
    Participant

Hello Shy
    I will be thinking of you on the 30th,I see this will be your third date so crossed fingers for you it goes ahead as planned.
    Sorry to read your sad news, life can be so cruel πŸ˜”..
    Today I am wrapping presents, ha ha never wrapped for Xmas in November! I have so much to plan at work before I finish on the 13th I just need to be organise.
    Hope all goes well for your op.
    Take Care..xx

MissE
    Participant

Hi there, I posted in September when I was still waiting for my appointment. Just had confirmation today that it’s on 8th December. I’ll need to crack on with the Christmas shopping!

Corrina, you sound so organised….I need to take a leaf out of your book! Looking forward (!) to supporting each other through this time! xx

Corrina Kenny
    Participant

Hi MissE
    At last someone joins me in the December group I was starting to feel lonely!
    Would you like to swap op dates so you have more time to do your shopping?πŸ˜‰
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend xx

juleskirk50

Hello miss e and welcome to the December group x

Corrina at last you have someone else in December – it’s a very quiet month so far !

Have a good evening everyone – glad to hear some of you are getting organised with their Xmas shopping -I really need to get started 😱x

MissE – 8th December
    Corrina – 19th December

MissE
    Participant

Thanks Jules, I wonder why December is so quiet?

I need to go for a refresh of my pre-op assessment on Monday as I’ve been on the waiting list for over 12 weeks. I’ve had some uncomfortable side effects of the Decapeptyl injection I had to get in October so can’t wait till the op is over although I’m apprehensive!

Corrina, thanks for the offer to give me more time do my Christmas shopping….very tempting but I’ll stick with 8th (haven’t figured out emojis on my laptop but imagine a smiley face!)

Elizabeth x

Hello again. Just thought I would pop in to say I had my op yesterday (LAVH BSO) & I agree that the waiting is definitely the worst part. That fear of the unknown makes you build it up to be so much more than it actually is. Good preparation not only helps the time leading up to the op go by quicker, but really does give great peace of mind afterwards.

Good luck everyone & I’ll see you soon on the done couch!

Samantha
    Participant

Hi everyone,

My op is on Monday 4th. I’m all ready for Christmas, presents wrapped, decorations up, cards written and all posted this morning. Today was my last day at work and I’m exhausted, but happy to know I’m ready and everything is done. I’ve never been so organised in my life!

It sounds like your op went ok Shy, you seem very positive, I will try to follow your example, but I’m still very nervous.

Sam x

juleskirk50

Good morning ladies and welcome Samantha you have been busy haven’t you !!
    Try to relax and enjoy this weekend if you can xx

Have a good day everyone xx

Samantha – 4th December
    MissE – 8th December
    Corrina – 19th December

juleskirk50

Good evening ladies,

Samantha good luck for tomorrow I hope all goes well and you have a nice gentle landing onto the done couch. We look forward to hearing from you when you can – try to relax this evening xx

Samantha
    Participant

Thank you Jules.

I’m as ready as I can be. See you soon.

Sam x

MissE
    Participant

Good luck for tomorrow Sam xx

karen.mail81
    Participant

Hi everyone!
    Just signed up but have been lurking and reading the forums, etc for a few weeks now since I was told I needed a hysterectomy. These forums all seem really helpful so I signed up to chip in! I’m waiting for a date but have been told I should get in before Christmas. Having a hysterectomy due to fibroids. Leaving my ovaries. Sorry I don’t know the abreviations!!
    Is it okay I join the December group?
    Thanks
    Karen

juleskirk50

Hello Karen and welcome – of course you can join you’re more than welcome πŸ™‚ – just let us know your date when you have it and we’ll add you to the list.
    Looks like you have a busy couple of weeks ahead getting organised for your Xmas recovery !! Xx

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today