skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs December December 2018 part 2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

felicity
    Participant

Happy Monday ladies, it’s been quiet for a week since original topic closed. How is everyone? Anyone had 6 week follow up yet? Time has flown past! 5 weeks today for me and melly

X

LouiseD1
    Participant

Hi Felicity, I didn’t realise other one was closed. Thanks for prompting us all 😀 how are you feeling at 5 weeks ?
    Melly, how is the open wound doing?
    I’m at 7 weeks today and my wound is still not closed completely although getting smaller. Nurse comes every 3 or 4 days now.
    I have good and bad days – was shattered last Friday and felt really awful but rested a lot over the weekend and feeling stronger again. Still only up to about 3000 steps a day, legs are so weak ! But I have to keep remembering the wound infection /open wound were a big setback.
    Good news is that the intestines seem to have really settled down so no more weird and wonderful grumblings and rumblings going on there.
    I’m braving a trip to the office to tomorrow, first time since end November so we’ll see how that goes!
    Would love to hear progress from others xx

nitty
    Participant

Hi had my op 11th jan, seem to be doing pretty good, staples are out and can walk for over 30mins, I do get a headache almost every day, I am drinking lots of water any suggestions?

LouiseD1
    Participant

Hi Nitty, glad to hear you are doing so well.

Are there any other December ladies still out there and reading this ? Would be good to hear how people are doing.
    My progress has gone backwards last week or so, lots of discomfort and pain when I stand up for longer than 10 minutes – like a pressing heavy feeling above my abdominal wound. Been checked for infection and it’s not that so will have to go back to consultant for some advice as really not happy about how little I am able to do x

felicity
    Participant

Hello

Nitty well done, make sure not doing too much two weeks is still very early. Are you on hrt? Maybe that gives headaches for some.

Louise sorry to hear going backwards. I’m walking 4 miles a day but if stand around ( in queue or in shop) then I get uncomfy after about 5 minutes. I don’t get pain but it’s very uncomfy. In the early days had the very odd dragging feeling but think that was due to my post ‘fibroid baby belly’ as it had all stretched quite a bit due to size of womb. That has now eased. one side is more uncomfy than the other but surgeon says it’s random and all ok. had 6 week checkup today and that’s me signed off consultant. Internal vaginal cuff all ok and I can now attempt to drive if happy can do emergency stop. I feel very fortunate as has been so straightforward. Going for first swim next week, will be very cautious.

nitty
    Participant

HI felicity,
    No my ovaries were fine so the DR left them, Today I had no headache, so fingers crossed it might of been something and nothing, hope your doing ok ?

LouiseD1
    Participant

Hi Felicity, thanks for the reply. I’m very impressed with the distances you are doing, but interesting that you get sore if you stand around for too long. Mine still seems very odd in that it is every single time I stand up but I’m giving it this weekend to see if anything changes, otherwise I’m going to give the consultant a call and see if I can see him.
    It’s a shame we seem to have lost contact with the other December ladies. I wonder if there’s a way of alerting to them to the part 2 thread as they won’t be getting notifications I guess? I still feel like it would help to share experiences with others – although we are all different, it definitely helps to have some common interest and be able to talk about what we are going through. The whole thing is definitely not a breeze!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today