skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs September Done Couch and it hurts !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Alfiesmumx
    Participant

Evening lovely ladies, just a quick word ftom the Done Couch. Op went well but been in terrible pain ever since, I’m not a rypical case though so please don’t be alarmed those ladies who are still waiting. Will update everyone properly tomorrow when I’ll hopefully feel a bit better, not up to it at moment xx

SarahT1966
    Participant

Hope you can get some sleep. Reckon I know it’s going to hurt, hope it eases soon xxx

Alfiesmumx
    Participant

Hi Sarah T1966,
    Please forgive me if I scared you which I feel awful about. I didn’t mean to at all but was so blinded by pain I just wasn’t thinking properly!
    I’m anxious to explain though as my set of circumstances are very unusual and highly unlikely to happen to anyone else. I think I must be the 1 in 10,000 that they talk about!
    Ok here goes…….I’ve suffered with chronic pain for years following an accident where I fractured my shoulder and as a result have taken very strong opiods on a daily basis to control the pain and have thus built up a high resistance to pain control. Bearing this in mind the anaesthesiologist decided to give me an epidural plus general anaesthetic to keep me pain free for the initial few hours. The epidural lasted 20 mins! Very unusual I’m told. I am also hooked up to a morphine pump and had high doses of paracetamol via my drip. Nothing worked and as I’d reached the limit without going into overdose I have literally been in 10/10 levels of pain ever since with nothing able to control it. However this has now gone down to 9/10 and I’ve managed to grab a couple of hours sleep so onwards and upwards! I hope you can now see what an unusual case I am and that this is extremely unlikely to happen to most people (a fact backed up constantly by the gynae nurses). I’m sure you will be absolutely fine. On a positive note the extreme back pain caused by my fibroids has disappeared completely!
    Apologies for such a long winded post but I was anxious to clarify a few things to hopefully put your mind at rest.
    Love Alfiesmum xxx

Jlo
    Participant

Hi Alfiesmumx
    Hope you are feeling better today, thanks for your post but it is as you said everyone is different and as the days go on you will feel better. I just want Wed to come and get the operation done, I have no children at home and my husband is taking 2 weeks off work so I have no worries on that score. Take care. xxx

SarahT1966
    Participant

Oh Alfiesmumx, you don’t need to worry about what everyone else thinks! I have read what you have been through and know it’s unlikely, but you got there in the end which is the main thing and a re-assurance to those waiting. Your story makes the point that we should listen to our bodies and insist on the care we need.

So pleased you have turned the corner and are on the way to a gynae pain free life xxx

Marimbos50
    Participant

Alfie’s mum, sorry to hear about the pain, l hope you will turn a corner and start the healing process in manageable pain xx

Myself waiting for mine on Wednesday next week. The wait killing me now but it has to be done xx

Jlo
    Participant

Hi Marimbos50 I to am having my op on Wed last day at work on Tues I have had all the feelings associated with having this op, been very up and down but now just want Wed to come and get this op over with. I am feeling quite calm at the moment and hope this lasts.
    Alfiesmumx Hope you are feeling better.
    Take care Janet xxx

Marimbos50
    Participant

Jlo, my last day at work is tomorrow so hoping to pack that bag. Have been buying things just not all packed. We can compare notes as well afterwards. Wishing u all the best on Wednesday xx

Liz
    Participant

Hi, I had my operation on Wednesday and got out of hospital this morning. I just wanted to wish all the woman good luck for theirs. One thing I would recommend is to bring a small pillow for your stomach as I had a little cough the next day from the tube that was in my throat and holding the pillow to my stomach made it less painful – liz

Marimbos50
    Participant

Thank you liz for a great advice and wishing you all the best with yr recovery on the done couch.

I was wondering if anyone knows if being on your period can cause your operation to be postponed. Please advise if anyone knows, it’s it’s making my stomach turn. Thank you xxx

Jlo
    Participant

Wishing you good luck for Wed, yes we can compare notes when we are on the done couch. Sorry cannot answer your question about periods but someone else will know, gladly I do not have that problem. Take care. xxx

ethmet
    Participant

Marimbos50
    I bleed constantly from having adenomyosis – i have since July 2017. So no, it doesn’t matter about that xx

Marimbos50
    Participant

Thank Angie, at least l can relax now xxx

ethmet
    Participant

No problem. Good luck with it all. it will all be a thing of the past soon xx

NellieP
    Participant

Hello
    Just wondered how you were getting on? Xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today