skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums Gynaecological Conditions Prolapse failed prolapse

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jilly b
    Participant

I am new to this site im 62 yr old and have had 2 prolapse repairs in the last 3yrs all have been done privately I had rectocele cystocele and entrocele grade 3 .All fine after each op for around 10 weeks only then started to feel this dreadful lump once again which hurts to walk or indeed trying to do anything much at all.Ive not had much problems with either bowels or bladder just this terrible lump coming down which hurts if i touch it. Been on all types of meds pregablin gabapentin amitriptyline tramadol and currently noratriplyline .I had different surgeons each time after visiting my last one in Derby he said more surgery could make things worse , so what am i supposed to do i cant live like this as im virtually house bound even travelling in the car is uncomfortable.Ive been on line and found a consultant a 2 hour drive away near luton who says the vault is down and everything is being pulled. He is going to perform a laporscopic sacraloscoptopy if thats how you spell it with mesh as it seems my tissue iis to weak to hold anything up now.Thats after 3yrs of religious pelvic floor exercises .I feel ive got no choice so going ahead with this op its so unfair as we are paying yet again to try and get this problem fixed and its taking all our retirement savings. But if it works and i can have some quality of life it will be worth it.If I still have this lump after all this I dont know what I will do ,my hubby is wonderful and does all the chores .I have 3 grown up children and 2 granchildren it would be lovely to enjoy going out with them again,can anyone tell me that they have had this op after other failed surgerys and that it has worked for them I try to remain positive for my family . Any feedback is extremely welcome.jillyb

juleskirk50

Morning jilly,

I am sorry you are facing more surgery – I cant comment on your particular problem but feel that you have been through so much and deserve a satisfactory conclusion to your problem – I can only suggest you pop over to some of the monthly forums and chat with some of the ladies there who will support you through this – they really are a wonderful bunch of ladies and will be there for you whatever you decide is the best way forward for you.

Be strong you can do this – whatever you decide we will all be here for you. xx

jilly b
    Participant

Thanks for reply Iam not to good finding my way around the Internet cant find the monthly site you suggested how do I get on it 😕

jilly b
    Participant

juleskirk50
    Thanks for all your help, keep writing in these pages but then have difficulty finding them again but hubby helped me tonight will look in August but I keep putting the same thing hoping someone has had similar op.

cecilia60

Jilly – when you find a topic you want to follow and don’t want to lose you can click on the “subscribe topic” which is at the top of the thread. You will then get an email notification each time a comment is added. If you click on the link in the email it will take you straight to the right thread.

Sissy x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today