skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs February February 2018 continued….

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 174 total)
  • Author

Benncat
    Participant

@littlemrs
    @cheryl
    @wardbridge
    @katie78
    @mutti
    @daphne917
    @Sue
    @funkydoofamily
    @thompsuz
    @sooty
    @katieg

Hi Ladies, I’m hoping you’ll all get notifications for this so we can continue chatting as the original page is now closed as we’ve reached the maximum number of posts allowed, as I for one love our merry little band, if I’ve mussed anyone, please shout.

I hope you’ve all had lovely restful weekend, thinking of all you lovely ladies coming up this week, the done couch awaits xxxx

Sam_m187
    Participant

@benncat you missed me but i shall let you off haha!

@sue yeah it was laparoscopic, 4 incisions. Im still amazed.

@littlemrs good luck for tmorrow, hope you’ve had a relaxing day.

A couple of questions for the done ladies, firstly hows everyones appetites? Mines doesnt seem to have bounced back so well?
    Also, has anyone been able to sleep side on? I tried to lie like that for 10 mins there and suddenly feel sick. Strange sensation and feeling very squeamish now.

S xx

Wardbridge
    Participant

Hi lovely February Ladies
    @benncat have also just discovered couldn’t post, so well done you for getting us here to continue posting (I hope?)
    I so wanted to send my very best wishes to @littlemrs Hi Nichola good luck for tomorrow
    I’ll be thinking of you & thanks for leaving me a space,soft landings on that couch!
    @katie78 best of luck for Tuesday see you on the done 🛋
    & just in case can’t post again best of luck to Penny for Friday @mutti
    My thoughts are with all you lovely February Ladies
    🤗xxxxxxxxxxx

juleskirk50

Evening ladies

I’m so sorry I didn’t notice that the original February was closed to replies – I’m having massive internet problems today and haven’t been able to access the site 😂 thank you benncat for starting the continuation. X

I’ve brought forward your list. 🙂

Nichola very good luck for tomorrow I hope all goes well and you are soon sitting on the done couch which is filling up nicely with all you lovely ladies. Hope you’re having a relaxing evening. Xx

Daphne – 5th February – On Done Couch
    Thompsuz – 5th February – On Done Couch
    Benncat – 6th February – On Done Couch
    Sue 7th February – On Done Couch
    Cheryl – 8th February – On Done Couch
    Sam – 14th February – On Done Couch
    Sooty – 14th February – On Done Couch
    Nichola -19th February
    Chris – 20th February
    Kate78 – 20th February
    Mutti – 23rd February
    Funkydoofamily – 26th February
    Fiona – 27th February

Benncat
    Participant

@sam_m187

Oops, so sorry sweetie, I’m such a muppet, I had you on my list just forgot to type it – doh!

My appetite has only returned to normal the last couple of days, I didn’t feel sick, but every time I ate it triggered off gripey wind type pains regardless of what I was eating and the swelly belly would kick in like a balloon pump. It’s much better now though. I was able to lay on my side from day 3 albeit with a pillow between my knees and a very flat one supporting my tummy and I’m still sleeping quite propped up, there’s barely room for my hubby in the bed!

To all of you on the done couch are any of you having digestion issues – I’m not having any problems going to the loo but it feels like I know exactly where things are in my digestive tract and at certain points it’s so painful moving through especially close to exit point – apologies for the not particularly pleasant topic but I’m being woken up around 5am every morning in excruciating pain which is both exhausting and bloody painful. It passes quite quickly, but wondered is this just me or others experiencing any issues?

Love & hugs to all xxx

Daphne917
    Participant

@benncat I get excruciating pains in the morning as well which seem to slightly relieved when I have a pee but I seem to have a permanent low ache, with the occasional sharp pain, at the moment.

Cheryl
    Participant

Thanks @benncat for continuing the Feb forum. I think @mrs_c was missed off the list, hopefully Fiona will be able to join us again soon.

@sam_m187 I haven’t been able to sleep on my side yet as Im concerned with the pressure it will add to my scar, desperate to do so though as sleeping on my back is causing quite a bit of pain. Hopefully in a few more days we will both be able to get a little more comfortable in bed.

The very best of luck for tomorrow Nichola, I hope that all goes smoothly and you have a peaceful evening, this time tomorrow it will all be over, will be thinking of you.

Chris how are the preperations for your op going, are you ready?

@benncat my stomach is constantly rumbling and gurgling but not to the point where I’ve woken in pain, do you have to go to the loo or does it pass and then you can get back to sleep?

Hope everyone has had a good weekend. Xx

Littlemrs
    Participant

Thanks so much ladies for your well wishes – your support is very much appreciated. I’m as ready as I’ll ever be – am hoping I sleep well tonight! I’m not due in until 11.30am so at least I’ll be able to take my daughter to school first.

Lots of love to you all, I’ll try to log on tomorrow with a quick update.

Love Nichola xx

Sue

Thanks @benncat, for continuing our forum.
    My tummy is still tender but not real pain, the Bly pain I get is when I need to open my bowels, I am going daily thanks to morning prunes and lots of veg I think, but about 30mins to an hour before I am getting gripey pains. My appetite has returned this last 4 days or so ( I am day 11 today) I can lie on my side, ok from about day 3 but use pillows and stir 2/3 times a night to change my position I kind of get stiff rather than in pain.
    All the best Nichola for tomorrow, you will soon be with us on that done couch, hope yiu get some sleep tonight.
    @sam_m187 pleased they managed it laparoscopically, 3 of my incision sites are so tiny now, just one still a little larger…. I can’t believe they have removed what they did through such small incisions…..

Mrs_C
    Participant

Evening lovely February ladies. Thanks for continuing the posts.

Would you believe I have an job interview on Thursday (Sandwiched between pre op on Tuesday and op next Tuesday!!!) came about totally unexpectedly! Interesting weekend spent juggling job application form one minute and hospital admission form the next!!

Sending love and hugs to Nichola for tomorrow. Looks like 6 of us still to go this month! Thinking of all those having their op this week : Chris, Kate78, Mutti and grateful thanks to all those on the done couch for your progress updates.

Bless you, it’s great to share

Fiona xx

KatieG
    Participant

Hurrah for @benncat for setting up the new forum (so I can carry on interloping ha ha)! On the subject of sleeping on side, I found having pillows up against each side of me, level with abdomen and also part of my back (if that makes sense) meant I could gradually adjust from my back to a more side on lying position – with lots of support. Had tried to do it without the pillows and I, too, felt weird and uncomfortable.

Re digestion – probably being done already but would suggest drinking lots of water throughout the day and also daily short walks if not too painful.

Hope this helps some of you lovely February ladies on the done couch.

Katie G
    xx

Daphne917
    Participant

Yikes! Woke up this morning and everything seems to be hurting. The tops of my legs feel as though I’ve been on a 10 mile hike, my back aches and the pain on my left side has gravitated and is now on both sides and the middle!! I’m 2 weeks post TLH BSO and wonder if anyone else is experiencing similar.

KatieG
    Participant

Hi @daphne917 Sorry to hear about your current pain. I also had a TLH BSO – am now a month post op. I did not experience anything to the extent you describe so suggest you seek advice if your pain doesn’t subside – even a phone call to your GP or hospital, just to check.

Hope you are more comfortable soon.

Katie G

juleskirk50

Chris and Kate good luck for tomorrow by this time tomorrow evening you’ll both be sitting on that comfy Done Couch xx

Nichola I hope all went well for you today and you are sitting comfortably. Xx

Daphne – I hope you’re feeling a little better this evening – are you taking regular pain relief as that can help to keep you comfortable – sometimes as everything knits together internally we can experience some pain or discomfort but if it isn’t getting any better or you feel unwell I’d just check with your gp xx

Take care ladies xx

Daphne – 5th February – On Done Couch
    Thompsuz – 5th February – On Done Couch
    Benncat – 6th February – On Done Couch
    Sue 7th February – On Done Couch
    Cheryl – 8th February – On Done Couch
    Sam – 14th February – On Done Couch
    Sooty – 14th February – On Done Couch
    Nichola -19th February – On Done Couch
    Chris – 20th February
    Kate78 – 20th February
    Mutti – 23rd February
    Funkydoofamily – 26th February
    Fiona – 27th February

Benncat
    Participant

Hi @daphne917

Sorry to hear you’re in pain lovely, how’re you doing now, hope you’re feeling better?

I’m not having a good day either today despite doing nothing, I’ve got hideous pains on both sides of my lower pelvic area and stabbing hot poker like pains internally down below, very uncomfortable, have been munching painkillers like sweeties all day, I think today had been my worst yet which I can’t understand as I haven’t moved off the sofa today or yesterday, not a happy bunny, though maybe I’m just expecting too much too soon.

How’s everyone else doing today?

@littlemrs – hope your op went well and you’ve landed safely and softly on the done couch, let us know how you are as and when you’re up to it.

@katie78 & @wardbridge good luck for tomorrow, relax as much as you can tonight and hope all goes well, thinking of you both and look forward to welcoming you on to a very cosy done couch 😊

Love & hugs to all xxx

KatieG
    Participant

Good luck tomorrow @wardbridge and @katie78
    Chris – hope you have that travel kettle ready for two weeks’ time?!

Katie G xxx

Mrs_C
    Participant

Thinking of you tomorrow @wardbridge and @katie78
    Hope all went well for you @littlemrs

Hoping you’re feeling a little more comfortable @benncat and @daphne917

Love and hugs all
    Fiona xx

juleskirk50

Benncat – sorry to hear you’re not feeling so good if things don’t improve I’d maybe think about giving your gp a call – the pain relief should help you feel a bit more comfortable but doesn’t sound as if they are helping much – it could be an infection so keep an eye out and don’t let it go on for too long. Hoping you feel a little better soon xx

Daphne how are you feeling this evening Hopefully a little better too xx

Mutti
    Participant

Hello ladies
    Hope you are all doing well this evening.
    Hope all went well @littlemrs, and good luck to @wardbridge and @katie78 for tomorrow. I can’t believe I’ll be next eeeeek!
    I’ve packed and repacked my bag after hearing everybody’s tips, and yesterday I planted some bedding plants where I can see from my window, to cheer me up when I can’t go far. I also bought some bird feeders, which may cheer my cats up when they can’t sit on my lap (don’t worry, I’ll watch they don’t misbehave!) I’m feeling remarkably calm at the moment, though I do suffer from anxiety, but I just need to keep taking courage from all you lovely people on here. You are a great support to me and each other xxx

Sue

Sorry to hear you have had such a bad day @benncat, hope yiu are feeling better soon.
    Hope yiu are safely on the done couch Nichola and are comfortable.
    Wishing @wardbridge and @katie78 all the best for tomorrow, hope yiu both get some sleep tonight.
    Sue xx

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 174 total)
  • The topic ‘February 2018 continued….’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today