skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs February February 2018

• This topic contains 204 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  KatieG 3 months ago.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 205 total)
  • Author

Sue

Welcome @thompsuz welcome to our merry band, you sound like you are doing really well it was day 5 for me yesterday but couldn’t have imagined going out of home really, do take it easy, slow and steady seems to be the mantra we need to follow, but like you I am in awe of the laparoscopic procedure for this .
    @benncat pleased you are feeling better
    @sam_m187 hope the next couple of days aren’t too anxious ones for yiu, keep busy, Andy you will soon be cosy on the done couch with us.
    I feel good this morning too the pretty snow and sunshine helps I think, not sure if I will venture out further than the garden though as the pavements here are very icy, but lovely to look out on, have a good day everyone xx

Sam_m187
    Participant

Thanks ladies!
    With the worst possible timing I’ve been up since 4am with what seems like the norovirus. I have a dodgy tummy and have been sick 3 times. I am really hoping it settlrs, as I can’t face the prospect of it being rescheduled 😔.
    Glad you’re all feeling so good today.
    S xx

Benncat
    Participant

Sam_m187

You poor thing, what awful timing for a tummy bug, not what you need at all! Fingers crossed it’s over with quick enough to not have to postpone. Will keep everything crossed for you and sending you lots of healing hugs, hope you feel better asap.

Xxx

juleskirk50

Good afternoon ladies,

Sam I hope everything settles down for you it would be so annoying for you if you needed to postpone – sending you healing thoughts xx

Thompsuz – welcome to the February group where you will find plenty of support from the lovely bunch of ladies here they really are so supportive of each other – have a look at the recovery guide on the previous page and don’t forget to rest and allow yourself time to recover although it’s so easy to start doing little things isn’t it but do try to resist xx

Keep resting ladies. Xx

Daphne – 5th February – On Done Couch
    Thompsuz – 5th February – On Done Couch
    Benncat – 6th February – On Done Couch
    Sue 7th February – On Done Couch
    Cheryl – 8th February – On Done Couch
    Sam – 14th February
    Nichola -19th February
    Chris – 20th February
    Mutti – 23rd February
    Funkydoofamily – 26th February
    Fiona – 27th February

Sue

Oh no @sam_m187 I do hope yiu are on the mend and your op isn’t delayed.

Cheryl
    Participant

Hello lovely ladies,

Thinking of you @sam_m187 I’m sorry to hear that you have been suffering, fingers crossed that things have settled down and all can go ahead as planned.

@funkydoofamily the fogginess has completely gone by today and although I’ve slept I have been able to focus really well today, 4 days post op. The key is to rest when you need it and you shouldn’t loose too much study time.

@sue did you manage to get out today? I’m still just pottering around the house but think some fresh air will do the world of good, tomorrows goal so long as its not too cold.

Every day is a little better, it’s hard to imagine that this time last week I was still waiting as it seems an age ago. The waiting really does seem to be the toughest part.

Had the daunting task of taking off the dressing today, all looks to be ok thankfully, how are you other ladies doing with your wounds/stitches?

Have a restful evening. Xx

funkydoofamily
    Participant

@cheryl thanks for that update – very encouraging!

I hope those who have been done are continuing to rest well. The anxiety is getting to us here – half term, kids at home, much to do before the op and yet it still feels ages away.

Sleep well all!

Sam_m187
    Participant

Thanks very much ladies. I’ve managed to hold down some dry toast, so hoping the worst of it is over! I can’t bear the idea of it being postponed, so appreciate everyone keeping everything crossed xx

Benncat
    Participant

@funkydoofamily – I’ll be a week post op tomorrow and I’m still struggling with the mind fog, I’m still sleeping loads and I can’t focus on anything for very long, but that could be because I’m still having to take strong painkillers, I have cut down but still need them at the end of the day or I can’t get through the night, hoping I won’t need them for much longer as hate feeling so out of it all the time. I didn’t rest as much as I should have done yesterday and I’m paying for it today, literally can’t stay awake have been napping all day today.

@cheryl – my wounds are healing really well, my 5 laparoscopic incisions were all glued most of which has come off and scars are really small and have healed remarkably well already, can’t believe they’re only a week old.

Keep resting ladies on the done couch and those of you still waiting, try and relax as much as you can.

Xxx

Sue

Like @benncat, I am still very tired, thought I had done well today my lovely mum came over at about 11 and stayed until about 4.30, I didn’t sleep and we only sat and chatted , but when it came to about 5.30 I just had to sleep for an hour couldn’t keep my eyes open…. I haven’t been outside yet, but will do tomorrow I think .
    My 4 laparoscopic wounds are dry and healing well, the lower one is surrounded by an almighty bruise, but as I like @benncat was glued rehear than stitched they all look pretty good , just one feels a bit tight and sore although doesn’t look it.
    I have only taken ibuprofen tonight at bed time no other pain relief today, I am not in pain really by tummy just feels tender rather than painful.
    My antibiotics finish tomorrow so hope to be drug free by Wednesday, part from my last heparin injection, can’t believe it’s day 6 for me tomorrow.
    Everyday is better than the last, I think the fog has lifted today has been the first day I have picked up my knitting, and followed the pattern if that is anything to go by!
    Love to all xxx

KatieG
    Participant

@sam_m187
    Sam – Really hope you are feeling much better and that you are able to relax a bit today and this evening. Good luck tomorrow…..14th February – a highly appropriate day to send you lots of love!!

Katie xxx

Daphne917
    Participant

Hello Ladies I hope that those on the done couch are getting plenty of rest and good luck to those who are still waiting – I cannot believe that I am already on day 8! Compared to a lot of you I seem to have had a pretty easy ride so far in that I’ve not had too much pain and am fairly regular re going to the loo etc. However for the last couple of days I have had a twinge on my left side which I’ve put down to wind but this morning has now turned into a dull ache and I will occasionally get a sharp pain which radiates towards the middle of my tummy (hope I’ve explained it clearly). I was wondering if anybody has had a similar experience and whether it is part of the healing process or something that I should check with the medics

Sue

Hello @daphne917, can’t help yiu with any advice about the pain, I am day 6 today, and I do keep having odd pains in my tummy not really painful, I feel that for me they are bowel pain/ activity, whilst I am going daily now and it is soft, it is smallish amounts sorry tmi! I do still feel that things are settling down and I have perhaps gone a bit crazy on the fibre! So for me it is perhaps wind. I read somewhere that your bowel readjusts it’s position to fill the void left by the hysterectomy, and this can cause some discomfort, if any any doubt and yiu are concerned get it checked out. Does anything relieve it? like a hottie? Or some peppermint oil or windeze, if it does that it probably indicated nothing really amiss. But do get checked if it continues or gets worse.

Sam_m187
    Participant

Morning ladies,
    Please to report that I am feeling alot better today. Haven’t had any sickness etc since yesterday, managed a good nights sleep, up showered and had some toast. So everything crossed that’s out of my system.
    Just going to tidy my flat today ahead of the ocd parent arriving for his stay, and get organised. Hoping the nerves stay at bay for the time being. Just keep reminding myself that in a weeks time i’ll be where you lot are now.
    Hope you’re all doing well today xx

Benncat
    Participant

@sam_m187 – so pleased to hear you’re feeling much better and hopefully all set for your op tomorrow, sending lots of luck & hugs, hope all goes well and will be thinking of you and look forward to chatting from the done couch xx

@daphne917 – I’ve had similar pain, like Sue I think mine has been either wind/bowel related and it’s always worse if I haven’t rested enough or tried to do a bit too much, so maybe as frustrating as it is, a bit more rest might be enough to make it settle, but if you’re worried get it checked out. Really hope it settles down for you xx

Hope everyone has a good day xx

Cheryl
    Participant

@sam_m187 so pleased to hear that you are feeling better today. I hope youve managed some sense of calm today, not long until you’re sitting beside us on the done couch. What time are you due to go in tomorrow?

@daphne917 I too have had twinges but like @benncat and @sue think they are related to needing the loo/wind. I would say if you’re concerned to check it out, no need to worry unnecessarily.

Have a good afternoon all. Xx

Sue

@/sam_m187 so pleased you are feeling better, all the best for tomorrow, I can honestl6 say that by Thursday you will be glad it’s over and yiu will feel better in many ways than yiu do today, the prospect of the op is the worst part it really is xx

Daphne917
    Participant

@Sue, @benncat and @cheryl thanks for your reassuring replies. I’ve decided to leave it for a day or so to see if it settles down.

@sam_m187 glad everything seems to have settled down. I had a wobble before mine because since returning to work after the New Year I managed to avoid all of the cold and flu bugs that were flying around but as soon as I finished for my op I picked up a cold!

Sam_m187
    Participant

Evening ladies,
    @cheryl Thanks alot, picked up my V pillow today and got my car cleaned – even though I won’t be near it lol. Ive packed my bag and had a cry, now I’ve called a chinese and chilling. Im in at 7.30am tomorrow and 2nd on the list for the day, so I imagine 11ish?

@sue thank you so much for the reassurance. I’m hopeful that will be the case.

@daphne917 its the worst timing isnt it. I could have punched a wall yesterday I was so frustrated. Thankful to see the back of it. Just keep everything crossed for me til I’m on that done couch tomorrow.

Xx

Benncat
    Participant

Sam_m187

Bless you Hun, I know it’s hard but try not to worry, this really is the worst bit, try and relax as much as you can and hope you can get some sleep tonight.

It will all be over with before you know it and in few days you’ll feel so much better. A cosy spot on the done couch awaits you my lovely, sending lots of love & hugs xxx

Hope everyone has had a good day xxx

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 205 total)
  • The topic ‘February 2018’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today