skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs February February 2018

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 205 total)
  • Author

juleskirk50

Evening ladies,

Sam – good to hear you’re feeling a little better and hope all goes well for you – enjoy your Chinese and try to relax a little – this time tomorrow you’ll be sitting on the comfy Done 🛋 xx

Daphne – if things dont settle down it would maybe be better to get checked but hopefully you won’t need to – keep moving around and drink plenty water as it could just be wind 💨 also try to keep taking regular pain relief as it really does help especially during the first couple of weeks xx

I’d also like to wish sooty good luck for tomorrow – you posted elsewhere and I know you are extremely nervous but hoping that you feel a little better now and it all goes ahead as planned – we are all thinking of you sooty and wish you well xx

Keep resting ladies. Xx

Daphne – 5th February – On Done Couch
    Thompsuz – 5th February – On Done Couch
    Benncat – 6th February – On Done Couch
    Sue 7th February – On Done Couch
    Cheryl – 8th February – On Done Couch
    Sam – 14th February
    Sooty – 14th February
    Nichola -19th February
    Chris – 20th February
    Mutti – 23rd February
    Funkydoofamily – 26th February
    Fiona – 27th February

Wardbridge
    Participant

Hello lovely ladies,
    @sam_m187 very sorry you had the nasty sick bug! Great news you are now better & all geared up for tomorrow. Enjoy your Chinese, hopefully you manage to get some rest before your early start tomorrow. I’ll be thinking of you & to Sooty too, land softly & safely on the done couch.
    @daphne917 hoping the pain is just wind & it dissipates very soon.
    @cheryl, @sue & @benncat you ladies are doing so well, can’t wait to join you are that couch
    Along with Daphne, Sam & Nichola.

Love &🤗Chris x

Wardbridge
    Participant

On the couch!

Mutti
    Participant

Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well this evening.
    I went to see my haematologist today. When I booked this appointment in November, I think she though I would have had my op by now! I went today to have my blood checked as I have polycythemia (cause as yet unknown) and the consultant had said I may have needed to have a pint (or maybe more) taken out before surgery to thin my blood to avoid clots/ stroke etc. Good news is that my results have come down fractionally, but enough to mean that this doesn’t have to happen, and that I will be a bit safer for surgery.
    I’m kind of moving through my days as if it is not real, so I’m sure I’m going to come down to Earth with a bit of a bump next week. I’m heartened to hear from the ladies on the done couch that the anticipation is far worse than the event, but I still can’t imagine how I will get through it all. I know I will, and I have a lot of support, especially from you lovely ladies, but it’s still a bit daunting.

Hugs to all xx

Littlemrs
    Participant

Good evening ladies – just want to send love and best wishes to @sam_m187 and @sooty for tomorrow – will be thinking of you both – the other ‘done’ ladies are keeping your spaces warm on the Done couch!

Thank you everyone for keeping us updated on your progress – you’re all doing so well – it must be so hard being a patient patient – the foggy phase sounds so frustrating, so pleased it’s starting to clear.

Work is keeping me very distracted this week which is much needed. I just want to get on that done couch…leave room for me ladies!

Love Nichola x

Marie
    Participant

Good morning ladies, especially Sam an d sooty. Thinking of you both this mornr. Hope all goes well and to @sooty i hope your fears will be out to rest once it is over. Much love. I had my pre I’m yesterday and my zoladex injection ready for my I’m in just under 3weeks.

Hope you are all resting up and getting plenty of support xxx

Cheryl
    Participant

Very best wishes and good luck for today @sam_m187 and @sooty, will be thinking of you.

@littlemrs not long now, the distraction is good and hopefully doing the trick, try not to worry too much and enjoy the next few days as best you can.

Looks like a bright day so time to venture out a little today. Have a good one all. X

Sam_m187
    Participant

Thanks ladies. All gowned up and waiting to go. Best of luck @sooty see you on the done couch xx

Mrs_C
    Participant

Morning lovely February ladies,
    Thinking of @sam_m187 and @sooty today.
    I’ve had the date for my pre op assessment today, it’s on 20th, a week before my op. Any tips?
    Thanks for all the updates on how you are all doing, it’s so encouraging to see how you are all progressing. Such a warm and encouraging group. Thank you

Sam_m187
    Participant

Evening ladies.
    Still a little fuzzy here but officially on the done couch. A little pain, more of a dull ache so increasing my morphine next time round, and so tired. I’m told everything went as well as it could, so that’s good. I’ll update more when I can keep my eyes open.
    S xx

Katie78
    Participant

Hi Ladies,

I’m very new to this site and I’m having my op on the 20th of this month, now the reality has set in I’m scared stiff.

Mrs_C
    Participant

Great to hear you’re on the done couch @sam_m187

Welcome @katie78. Lots of friendly advice and encouragement here from all the ladies.

Hope everyone is doing ok

Xx

Cheryl
    Participant

Really happy to hear that you’ve joined us on the done couch @sam_m187 and that it went well. Get plenty of rest and look forward to catching up in the next few days.

Welcome @katie78, anything you want to ask then please do so, this site has been a lifeline for me. What type of surgery are you having or dont you know?

@mrs_c I would advise writing any questions down to take with you to your pre-op so that you dont forget anything, hope that helps.

Xx

Sue
    Participant

Welcome to the done couch @sam_m187 take care here’s to an easy steady recovery xxxxx
    Welcome to our merry band @katie78, ask away all happy to share our experiences here.

juleskirk50

Welcome to the done couch Sam hope you are nice and comfy and welcome kate78 and mrsC you’ll find plenty of support and advice from the lovely ladies here – any questions just ask as usually someone has the answer xx

Daphne – 5th February – On Done Couch
    Thompsuz – 5th February – On Done Couch
    Benncat – 6th February – On Done Couch
    Sue 7th February – On Done Couch
    Cheryl – 8th February – On Done Couch
    Sam – 14th February – On Done Couch
    Sooty – 14th February – On Done Couch
    Nichola -19th February
    Chris – 20th February
    Kate78 – 20th February
    Mutti – 23rd February
    Funkydoofamily – 26th February
    Fiona – 27th February

Mrs_C
    Participant

Thanks @juleskirk50
    Fiona and Mrs_c are the same person
    😊

Sam_m187
    Participant

Morning ladies,

Welcome @katie78 and @mrs_c. Hope youre both good.

I had a restful night. Blood pressure was a little low so returned to oxygen for the night but off again this morning. Catheter removed first thing. On the whole im doing ok, but feeling the pain more this morning than yest and very exhausted.

Theres talk of me getting home this evening but actually given how I felt waking up I’m not sure how comfortable I am with that yet. Will see how today goes.

Hope all you ladies are resting up well. I now understand how much you need it! And for the ladies waiting, i can also agree, the waiting is the worst part!

Love to you all. Youre up next Nichola!

S xx

juleskirk50

Good Morning,

Oops sorry Mrs C I did not realise you were Fiona !! xx

Sam Hope you feel able to go home as I am sure you will feel so much more comfy in your own bed !! You will maybe feel like it later on today – good luck xx

Have a good day everyone xx

KatieG
    Participant

Welcome to the safe haven of the done couch @sam_m187 – glad to hear you landed safely.

Now all you need is lots of rest, rest and more lovely rest.

Take care.

Katie G
    xxx
    PS Glad to see there is now an official Katie in the February gang – @katie78 – rather than just me, the imposter from January, hee hee.

Sue
    Participant

So glad it’s over for you @sam_m187, you Amy be surprised how much better yiu feel as the day progresses, having the catheter out will make yiu much more comfortable, did you have the op laparoscopically, hope the wind isn’t too troublesome for you take care xx

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 205 total)
  • The topic ‘February 2018’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today