skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs February February 2019 part 2

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Pudsey62
    Participant

Well, we’ve made it to a new forum!

Hope everyone is doing well in their recovery, and now we are officially in Spring 💐 so good weather to get outside.

Carole
    Participant

Well I’ve finally spoken to my GP about menopause symptoms and HRT. It was a really helpful discussion actually and he’s sent me some good links for information to read. So I’ve decided to just wait and see for now – my symptoms are quite mild at the moment. But I’m keeping an open mind and if things get worse I’ll reconsider.

hysterlady
    Participant

Wow, part 2 🙂
    Jomac… I feel my night sweats and hot flushes have calmed down a bit since my op and are back to how I was before… back in my perimenopausal state. I didn’t mention it to my gynaecologist and I assume my ovaries will just go back to producing hormones as per usual?!

Good that you feel you can talk to your GP, Carole, and that so far you are managing your symptoms.

I’ve had a full week back at work and I have to say that I am still suffering pain at times. I can’t sit at my desk for too long before my lower abdomen hurts and ‘drags’. By the afternoon I am really lacking energy and just want to get into comfy trousers and rest. The other night I had pain similar to when I ended up in A&E and found out I had the fibroid in the first place! I think my brain is really willing but my body really is not where it was before yet. I get asked if I feel 100% and I just don’t. It’ll be 8 weeks on Monday but I would say I am still ‘recovering’. I am back to doing what I did before, but I am not in the same condition of ‘health and fitness’ as I was before. I’ve had several friends say I’ve lost weight and look tired. I have lost about half a stone and I think some of that is the weight of the fibroid as well as my appetite not being what it was. Having said that, I spent 6 weeks doing hardly anything either!

I guess it’s a matter of taking time to rest as and when needed and adjusting our expectations of ourselves. Enjoy the nicer weather all 🙂

Pudsey62
    Participant

I didn’t even lose any weight, and I was careful not to pig out when I was at home 😞. I surprised everyone at work by sticking firmly to my reduced hours, as I’m usually one of the last out, but there were comments at the end of the week that I looked tired. I’m blaming that partly on the fact that I picked up a stinking cold within 2 days of going back. Between lack of sleep and a really sore stomach from coughing so much, I’m glad it’s the weekend and I’m still half time next week. Most of today was spent on the couch, and bang goes my plan for a swim tomorrow.
    You’re right Hysterlady, we just need to adapt as required. Onwards and upwards !

Carole
    Participant

I went back to work on Wednesday, and I’m working half days until the Easter holidays (I work in a school so I have another two weeks at work and then two weeks off, although I have so much to do that I will have to work some of the holiday).

I have found it so tiring! Every afternoon I have just laid on the sofa and done nothing! It’s weird because I feel that I am recovering quite well, so I forget that there’s still a long way to go and I’m still surprised how little it takes to tire me out.

I’ve struggled with my weight for a long time, and I now realise that this was mainly due to my severe anaemia, I had no energy to do anything! And then my fibroid grew so big. So when I got home after the op and a week in hospital I had lost half a stone. Since then I have lost another half and it’s still going. So in my case people are saying that I’ve lost weight and I’m looking well, which is a nice bonus from all this. I still could do with losing another stone though so we’ll have to see how that goes!

Pudsey62
    Participant

Starting to think i’m jinxed! Flew out on Saturday for a week in the sun. Woke up 1am with stomach cramps and started throwing up, that went on all night and I spent the rest of the day in bed, couldn’t eat or drink. Hubby was panicking and wanted to call a doctor but I’m sure it was either food poisoning or a bug. Feeling better today but tummy muscles a bit tender. Hopefully back to normal tomorrow and the holiday can start again.

Carole
    Participant

Oh Pudsey, how horrible to have your holiday spoilt. Hopefully you’ll be over it quickly and can enjoy the rest of your week.

Pudsey62
    Participant

Starting to feel a lot better and able to eat again. Annoying thing is that my abdominal muscles have suffered a bit and I feel like I’ve gone back a few weeks – certainly can’t walk too far. So the holiday will be different from our usual. But I WILL enjoy the rest of the week. I don’t regard lying around in the sun, reading, as a hardship 😎 Felt bad for my husband but fortunately he’s a keen angler and can go fishing for a few hours. And he’s stopped worrying quite so much.

NicolaJ
    Participant

Hello everyone. I had a total hysterectomy it the start of February, just found this group. Having had various bladder complications that is clear now, but 9 weeks on I’m still so tired, at times struggling with abdominal pain ( waking me at night a lot) , swollen lower tummy so I hardly fit my clothes etc. Thought I would be back to normal by now. I had the operation to deal with endometriosis. Going to ask consultant for a scan to check all ok as rather worried.
    Thank you

Sarah
    Participant

Hello ladies
    I had a full hyst with ovaries and cervix removal 26/02 so 7 to 8 weeks post op.
    I am new to the group .
    Suffering with some brutal menopause symptoms mostly sweats day and night and lack of sleep .
    I have practical help at home but no emotional support .
    I was just about to return to work when I came down with tonsillitis.
    Feeling pretty low and alone .
    However still counting my blessings the tumor on my uterus which was suspected cancer was benign .
    Just want my life back .
    Glad you are all doing well and take care back at work .
    Sarah x

Carole
    Participant

Hi Sarah, it sounds like you’re having a difficult time. Have you spoken to your GP about your menopause symptoms? Is HRT an option for you? And it’s rubbish that you now have tonsillitis, as if you don’t have enough to deal with already! Do you have any idea how much longer you’ll be off work?
    Great news that your tumour was benign, that must be such a relief.

Carole
    Participant

Hi Pudsey62, just wondering how the rest of your holiday went and how you’re feeling now?

Carole
    Participant

Hi NicolaJ, sorry I’ve not been on here for a while. How are you getting on? Did you raise your concerns with anyone? Hope things are getting easier for you.

Sarah
    Participant

Hello Carole
    I am just getting to grips with the forum .
    Thanks for your reply .
    I have just started HRT this week and yet to see any real benefits but hopeful it will help
    I will not work next week but will start a phased return the following week .
    So good to know someone is out there .
    S x

LouiseD1
    Participant

Hi Sarah, be patient and hopefully the HRT will kick in in the next week or so. I had similar symptoms post op and HRT made all the difference. Took about two weeks to kick in and got rid of all the hot flushes and disturbed sleep. That will also help massively with your recovery. But be kind to yourself, it is still early days and especially if you are fighting infection with your tonsils too. I’m 5 months post op now and still have a lot of difficult days amongst the better ones xx

Pudsey62
    Participant

Hi Carole,
    Rest of the holiday was quite good, but no sign of stomach healing – worse if any thing after the flight home. No appetite and sore whenever I move. Saw my GP on Monday who said I was fine to work and come back in a week if it hadn’t improved. I hoped a day lying on the sofa yesterday would help, but no change. So it’s either GP on Tuesday or a quick trip to A&E over the weekend.

Sarah
    Participant

Thank you Louise for your kind and positive words .
    Pudsey I hope you start to improve and sorry to hear a much needed holiday was impaired .
    Sarah x

Pudsey62
    Participant

Turns out it wasn’t related to the hysterectomy- I’ve got appendicitis! They operated last night but didn’t remove it because it was v inflamed and stuck to small and large intestines. So I’m on iv antibiotics to try and clear it up but not sure what will happen next. I had even joked with the surgeon in February that he could take my appendix at the same time, as I didn’t need it. I’m taking a vow of 🤐 now That’s after I ask everyone for some lucky white heather and four leaved clovers 😂
    Back on anti-clotting jags, surgical stockings and morphine 😢

Carole
    Participant

Oh Pudsey, I’ve been thinking about you all weekend and wondering how you are. What bad luck, you were doing so well! I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you that they can sort you out as soon as possible x

LouiseD1
    Participant

Gosh Pudsey, that’s really bad luck to get that as you were recovering. But explains why you were feeling the way you were. Hopefully they’ve got you sorted and you can start your recovery all over again. Gentle hugs……. x

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today