skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs February February 2019

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 116 total)
  • Author

juleskirk50

Hysterlady – 4th February – On Done Couch
    Carole – 8th February – now 3rd February – On Done Couch
    Fibecca – 14th February

Good evening and welcome fibecca i can imagine it was a huge shock and I hope we can support you and help you get through this – you don’t have too long to wait. Please feel free to ask any questions and if anyone can answer I’m sure they will. You will also have a pre op where you should have a chance to ask any questions – take care xx

hysterlady
    Participant

Thinking of those who are still waiting for their Feb ops. Mine went ahead on Monday morning and I made it home to the comfort of my own bed this afternoon. I’m not going to lie, it has been painful but my op was quite ‘rough’ due to adhesions etc. I’m on quite a selection of meds but I honestly think being home is the best place to recover (once you’re past the initial checks and higher risks).

Take care all and rest up well afterwards x

Fibecca
    Participant

Pleased to hear you’re home
    Your own bed is so much more relaxing
    Best wishes for a quick improvement

Ellis04
    Participant

Hi Ladies hope you’re improving rapidly after your ops and best wishes for Thursday Fibecca.

I called the hospital again this morning and have been given a provisional date of March 16th! Yay!!

Best wishes everyone.

juleskirk50

Good evening ladies,

Fibecca good luck for tomorrow I hope you are having a relaxing evening and that you land gently tomorrow xx

There’s nto any more on your list unless anyone joins soon, I hope those on the couch are recovering well xx

Ellis finally a date for you – I will pop over and start a list for March and hopefully you will get it confirmed and some others will join you 🙂xx

Fibecca
    Participant

Thank you
    Pre – op was a long day today as everything had to be done ready for tomorrow , but glad it’s here
    Hope everyone is relaxing and recovering well

Yem

Hi ladies,

Sorry, I haven’t been able to post for a while. I got a short notice date 11/2 and had so much to do before my ops. It went well and I am back home.
    The wait was really not the nice bit but it’s all over now.
    Fibecca and other ladies having their s soon. I wish you all the best. And to the ladies recovering take it easy. Really so tired now. 2days post ops.👍👍
    Yem

Carole
    Participant

Hello ladies, sorry I’ve been quiet for so long.
    Hysterlady, hope your recovery is going well. Yem, I’m so happy for you, hope your recovery goes well. Fibecca, hope it’s gone well for you today and Ellis – good luck for March!
    I’ve had quite a time! After bringing my appointment forward to 3rd, I went in, got all gowned up and ready, waited all day, and then at 4pm was told they’d run out of time and were sending me home and I would be contacted with a new date! I was absolutely devastated, in floods of tears. The next morning I was the same, a complete mess. I had no idea when they would contact me and how long I’d have to wait. But actually they were great, rang me later that morning and said another consultant had a gap on 7th and had agreed to take me.
    So on 7th it went ahead. I was so worried about being cancelled again that I forgot to be worried about the op!
    I’ve had a slight complication in my recovery, I have a collection of blood under my wound which is being treated with antibiotics. It meant that I had a longer stay in hospital but the care has been great from our wonderful NHS staff. Came home yesterday evening, so pleased to be here! Bring on the box sets!

Yem

Hi Carole,
    You have being through quite a bit, take it on step at a time. I have been home since yesterday, taken a few steps in the garden. My stitches looks good and I am trying hard to avoid lifting. Hopefully you will be alright with the antibiotics.

Take care.

Yem

I mean one step at a time

hysterlady
    Participant

Wow Carole, so sorry to hear that. The mental prep that goes into having surgery is huge, so to have it postponed is really hard. Glad you have it over and done with now. REST UP LOTS!

And to you other ladies… these are early days.. rest lots and drink lots of water too. Hope you’re all sleeping ok?

I am now 10 days post op. I still have my stitches (clips) in! 🙁 They went to remove them on Tuesday but the scar was too swollen on the one end and she felt it would be too hard and painful to remove. So I go back tomorrow… thing is… it still is very tender. I assume that is normal to have a tender incision 10 days post surgery? I really want them out to be honest as I know you shouldn’t have them in too long.

I am trying to remember not to lift too much…but I keep forgetting. Fatigue is tough but the pain is much better and the bloating and abdominal swelling has gone down a lot although I’m still living in leggings and loose trousers! Nights are getting more comfortable. I definitely feel more normal these last couple of days but then you ‘hit a wall’ of tiredness. This is definitely a marathon recovery and not a sprint! x

Steffi1
    Participant

Hi ladies

Have only just found this website, and really wish I had seen it before surgery! I had my op (TH + BSO- or BSwotsits as I saw on here and am now going to adopt!) on February 1st, so am just over 2 weeks after surgery. All going relatively okay, but am quite fed up about the numb and swollen tummy, which it seems can take months to reduce for some people. Don’t want to alarm anyone who may still be waiting for their op, as I am sure everyone is different, but just wondering if anyone else has? (Will head over to other months and check others; progress)

Glad to hear that most on this page seem to have the op behind them too, and hope everyone is recovering well, and thanks for such an informative site x

Carole
    Participant

Hi Steffi1,

I’m day 10 post-op, and my tummy is still huge! I looked about 5 months’ pregnant before the op. I’ve had a fibroid “the size of a football” removed (according to my consultant) plus everything else, and you can’t really tell yet, I’m still the same size as before! I believe this is normal and it takes a while to go down. I’m making sure I’m doing all the exercises they’ve told me to, and I’m trying to stand up straight and all those things. I think it just takes patience. 2 weeks really isn’t that long when you think what you’ve been through! Are you well apart from that? I’d worry if there were other things, such as high temperature or sharp pain.

Steffi1
    Participant

Hi Carole

Thanks for your reply- your situ sounds quite similar, I knew I had a fibroid the size of a grapefruit and others, but when they operated there were several large ones, plus two large ones on my cervix and a dermoid on my ovary. So I looked 5 months pregnant too! My tummy looks different now though, it was firm swollen before, now it’s like a large swollen lumpy ridge above the scar. I’m sure it’s normal, and I don’t have a temperature, but I hadn’t been told it would be like that. Thank heavens for this site! And you’re right, two weeks isn’t long x

Pudsey62
    Participant

Hello ladies,

Just found this page, as everything has been remarkably swift for me. I had a biopsy on Xmas eve and as precancerous cells were found I ended up having a TH + BSO on 7th Feb. Post menopausal anyway so that wasn’t an issue for me. As it was laparoscopic I got out after 2 days, seem to be healing quickly and now able to go out for 10-15 min walks ( I got cocky on a nice sunny day, walked for 25 mins and paid for it later!).
    Biggest problem seems to be trapped wind and gurgling innards that gets worse as the day goes on. Seems to be mentioned on a few forums so I’m hoping it eases off soon. And can’t believe how quickly I snooze in the afternoon!

Carole
    Participant

Hi Pudsey62, wow it has all happened very quickly for you, hope you are managing to get your head around it all.
    I genuinely have found peppermint tea really helpful with the wind. I did suffer with wind and it was really painful. Now I make sure I have 2 cups of peppermint tea every day and I honestly have no problems with it now. Also do you have a step to put your feet on when you go to the loo? That also really helps, not only for constipation but for wind too as it helps you give a gentle ‘push’ much more efficiently without straining your tummy muscles. I use it every time I go, and it seems to help too much wind building up. Hope this helps!
    We had our op on the same day but mine was abdominal surgery not a laparoscopy, so I expect my recovery generally will be slower. I can walk for 10 minutes every day now, it is half term so my daughter comes with me which is lovely. I can’t believe you walked for 25 minutes – that seems like to the moon for me at the moment!

Pudsey62
    Participant

Thanks Carole. They had mentioned using a step in hospital and I had totally forgotten about that so definitely worth a try. It’s so nice to have someone to walk with, makes it feel a bit more normal. And hubby (just) managed not to say “I told you so”, as he kept suggesting we should head home😂

Fibecca
    Participant

Good morning ladies
    I hope you are all recovering well
    My full with bilateral Sal went ahead as planned on 14/2
    Apparently it was more challenging than expected followed by some chest problems
    ( I can only say vomiting 3 days post op due to anti biotics is not something I would ever recommend ! )
    But I am finally home and have just managed a shower and hair wash in my own bathroom which was heavenly .
    I am very lucky that I don’t the constipation or wind problems
    They sound awful
    I know the ward staff were recommending peppermint tea to the ladies on my ward and they said it tasted better once it had gone cold if that’s of any help
    Best wishes all

hysterlady
    Participant

HI all
    it is good to read how others are doing…. I am now 16 days post op and I still don’t know when I will be able to get back into jeans! I am still tender and ‘swollen’ along the incision and I just assume this will continue to go down.

What exercises were people given to do? I wasn’t given any at all… 🙁

I had a set back this past weekend, being up all Saturday night with upper abdominal pain and vomiting. It was horrible. Spent Sunday morning in A&E. X-ray thankfully ruled out obstruction but the doctor felt it was gastritis triggered by the painkillers or the surgery itself. Also blood work showed up infection in my body so I am now back on a new course of antibiotics, as well as a few more meds. So I do think that has set my recovery back a few days. I had hoped to get out and about a bit this week but I just am not up to it and feel my body has really taken a hit!

Pudsey62
    Participant

My local hospital was great. I had a physio session at my pre op and the leaflet they gave is basically online at Physio exercises“. It helped to get the information before my brain turned to fudge! Also gave me a baseline of what to aim for.

Hope you are feeling better after a horrible weekend, and I guess we are all rocking the comfy leggings look at the moment😎

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 116 total)
  • The topic ‘February 2019’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today