skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums Gynaecological Conditions Fibroids Has anyone had a vertical incision – abdominal hysterectomy? How is the scar?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

marie10

Hello,
    My uterus is enlarged to about 20 cm due to 2 or 3 large fibroids. And it seems I will have to have an abdominal hysterectomy with vertical incision. I’m wondering if anyone here has had this kind of hysterectomy with the vertical incision. How did the scar heal in the long run? Is it very visible and not nice to look at? Is there any way to facilitate healing, so the scarring is not so visible?
    Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.
    Marie10

Cjenkins
    Participant

Hi Marie 10. I had vertical incision. I’m week 2 and half post op. I’ve got an Infection in my scarring. Nurses come everyday to dress it. I’m overweight sol folds in skin seem to be where infection has thrived. To be honest had no pain from scar. Had staples which come out on day 10. Yes scar is busable and nurse told me to buy bio oil to use once infection cleared up. In all honesty the scarring was the last thing you will worry about. Just remember it is a major op and scarring is part of the healing process. Please feel free if u need to ask anymore questions. Hope all goes well

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today