skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs January Hi, I’m new to this! Op on the 12th Jan 2019, feeling emotional.

• This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  cjn75 2 months ago.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

cjn75
    Participant

Hi there.
    I have never joined a forum before, but after reading all your stories and helpful hints,I thought it would be helpful.
    I am 44 and having TAH and BSO with excision of endometriosis and bowel adhesions on the 12th Jan. I think I have been blanking it from my mind but looking at this website I’m feeling really emotional and tearful.i also work in the health service and more knowledge really isn’t a good thing! I’m having my pre op appt on the 8th and it’s just starting sink in. I’ve been running and swimming and eating really well in preparation and trying to think positively .
    Don’t know if I expect a reply, just wanted to say hi and break my forum virginity!😂

Clare x

LouiseD1
    Participant

Hi Clare, I was also a complete newbie to forums until about three weeks ago and only found this lovely website after my op. Not sure I would have been able to deal with reading all about things before the op so you’re braver than me! Ignorance was definitely my way of dealing with the run up to the op and, at the end of the day, each person’s experience will be unique and you will be able to deal with whatever happens. But hints and tips on here are definitely reassuring and helpful.
    Right now I find myself using the site a lot to feel like there are people out there who know a little of what I’m going through.
    If you add a message in to the January 2019 group there will be people in exactly the same timeframe as you ? All I can say is I’m 6 weeks post-op, it’s been a really really tough time but things are definitely getting a little bit better every day now and even though I’ve still got a long way to go, I’m glad I’ve had it done.
    The prep you are doing will all help and I think at a certain point you just have to put yourself in the hands of the experts and go with the flow….
    Wishing you lots of luck x

juleskirk50

Hello Clare and welcome to the forums,

If you pop over to the January 2019 group you will be able to chat with everyone having their ops around the same time as you and can compare notes and get support from them as you wait and during your recovery. Good luck and I’ll go and add you to the January list now xx 😀

cjn75
    Participant

Thankyou Louise! Good luck with the rest of your recovery xx and Thank you juleskirk. Just figuring out getting to the January list! I am hopeless!😂

Cath1
    Participant

HI there – so good to have joined! My op is on 15th Jan so very close in time to yours. Good luck @cjn75 I am sure all will go well.
    I’m having total hysterectomy as have a fibroid size 8cms and had severe bleeding problems for a year…. hopefully now fibroid has shrunk a bit as had 2 x prostap injections. I’m amazed like one of the other comments that no contact with the consultant until 730am the day of op. Anyway – look forward to sharing experiences after and getting any tips. i have just ordered peppermint oil capsules for after op and have also bought a pair of BIG PANTS thanks to the list of stuff to get ready from this site.

Lyn1969
    Participant

Hi I had my op on 2nd jan 2018 so I’m a year in. Feeling great, no hrt I’m on menopace the highest strength one and soya capsules.I have a few night sweats but no hot flushes during the day.I have emotional days still now and again but I feel free after years of pain and heavy bleeding and two close cancer calls which were both benign, you take a step forward and two back at first, don’t rush to get better as you will impede the recovery process.Im sending you best wishes for your recovery and I’m here to support you as we all are .

CathyDennis
    Participant

How do you get on the January list? Had my op 4 Jan; everything gone and a bowel shave to boot….

juleskirk50

Hi Cathy I will pop you onto the January list now – I hope your recovery is going well xx

CathyDennis
    Participant

OMG typed loads then it said error, will try again tomorrow …

CathyDennis
    Participant

Hi, had total hysterectomy and bowel shave on 4 January, feeling a bit frustrated with not being able to do. I find sitting still difficult. Sleep is evading me. How’s everyone’s stitches? Four of my port holes (makes me feel a bit queasy), are ok, pulled the remaining bits of thread after they had pinged – belly button not so good. It has quite a bit cut and several stitches. Have been cutting back on paracetamol and ibuprofen in the hope that I’m so on the mend.

However I’ve completely overdone it with the walking and stairs that I’m sore now. Getting pink discharge in and off.

I’m 43, no children, single and completely understand why. Endometriosis and relationships are difficult to pair up. Couple that with Lichen Sclerosis and it’s a fairly sorry story. Maybe I can get on to better things with one big problem out of my life – been there since I was 17. Grim.

Decided not to go for HRT, had my fill of awful drugs. Am taking Menopace Plus Botanicals, eating all the right superfoods and soya milk. Plus still wear my Ladycare which is reducing the frequency and intensity of hot flushes.

Hey ho, back to the book….

Cathy

cjn75
    Participant

Hi Cathy, sorry to hear you’re having a bad time x pop over to January 2019 group and there’s a few more people over there.
    I know it’s frustrating not being able to do much, I had mine on the 12th Jan for endometriosis also and am just looking forward to after the recovery and how much better I’ll feel, not being in that pain!
    Sounds like you’ve been doing a bit too much! I know it’s frustrating but the more you rest the quicker you will heal and recover.
    I’ve had a bit of a problem with sleep also, I find meditation helps, there are thousands on YouTube if you look at guided meditation it talks you through relaxation.10 mins will do, everyday.
    I am 44 and decided to have hrt mainly for prevention of osteoporosis at this age, haven’t experienced any symptoms although am quite tearful at times.
    Try to think positively, you will feel so much better in a few weeks and in the future without the suffering of endometriosis, just be kind and patient with yourself.
    Take care
    Clare x

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today