skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

joanne x

Hi just wondered if any one could put my mind at rest.
    My patch fell off yesterday and I put a new one on my other leg. Ive read the leaflet and it says to replace with a new one for the remainder of the 7 days. I had put the new patch on the other leg instead and would have been changing it today anyway, so should I just leave it on for 7 days now and change on a friday instead of saturdays? Anyone know the answer or have any thoughts, would be appreciated, dont want to mess things up.
    Many thanx in advance
    Joe x

put a new one on and change it on the day you would have done. A leg is a strange place to put the patch? Usually advised on tum or for higher absorbtion, bum.

joanne x

Hi
    thanks for that, I ended up just leaving it on tho, and I will just change it a day early now, ie fridays instead of saturdays. Do you think this is okay.
    The nurse at the hospital put my first patch the top of my arm(very attractive). My tum is still very tender and swollen at the mo, so I thought top of my leg, then it is hidden too. Been too busy dealing with op to think about the patches really, so any advice is appreciated.
    Joe x

should be ok just this once…if you start mucking about with changing your patch change days you will have some fluctuations.

arm or leg is not recommended usual place is tummy, underneath belly button and to the right and to the left of underneath your belly button (should be a diagram in your patch box) you can use your bum too too although you do get a 20% higher absorbtion there which could be too much for some people (give you hormonal mood swings, more flushes etc).

Congrats for gettng through op.

x

joanne x

Thanx for that, least i know if theres a second time of it falling off. Ive been okay, except for heart palpitations at least but do tend to get them on and off anyway for some reason.
    It doesnt say anything in booklet as to wear it, just told my con not to put near breasts.
    Joe x

Donna1975

Help….. I am currently on the FemSeven patches and they just keep falling off placing them on the top of my leg. Do I need to replace them as soon as they fall off or wait until weekly day I started on? Really suffering from hot flushes and night sweats at the moment 😳

Donna (40)
    LTH ovaries removed and (2Oth June)
    2 x Daughters (19 – 18)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today