skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums Gynaecological Conditions Fibroids I’m new and just saying hello.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Helen J
    Participant

Hello, I am new to the hysterectomy association and just saying hello really.
    I have to have a total hysterectomy in June and I am only 36, so it’s all very frightening and I have been trying to cope with it on my own. I figured it’s better to link up with people in similar predicament for advice and support. 🙂

Karen Wrigley
    Participant

Hi Helen,

I found this group about 5 months before my hysterectomy.It was beginning of September so I am well in to recovery now.
    I’m 48 so can’t imagine how it would feel to be a lot younger.
    This group really helped me as most people don’t want to talk about these things.

The hardest part is waiting.
    Stay on here and you will get lots of helpful advice, there are some great people.
    Any questions just ask.

Karenxx

Helen J
    Participant

Thank you Karen, how is your recovery? x

Karen Wrigley
    Participant

Hi Helen,

My recovery has been really good with no problems.
    I had the hysterectomy for large fibroids which were squashing my bladder/bowel and causing bad backache.

It helped that I had no complications and a few months to get fit before the op.
    Almost back to normal now and have just gone back to my part time job.
    Now walking as much as I can and back to playing table tennis.

Also I don’t need to get up at midnight for the loo.My bladder seems to have recovered.
    You may want to read the monthly groups.

Karenx

Helen J
    Participant

That’s great, I’m glad to hear your recovery has gone so well, fantastic! I am not familiar with the monthly groups, but will have a look. Thank you! Hx

karen.mail81
    Participant

Hi! I’m in a similar boat Helen. I’m 36 and going for a hysterectomy soon. I have one large fibroid (doc says there are probably others in there too). I’ve zero energy right now which is my main symptom. Provisional date for 29 January but I’m on the cancellation list to get op asap but no word yet and it looks like it will be January.
    Hope you get it over with soon.
    Karen D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today