skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs January January 2019 part 2

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
  • Author

juleskirk50

Good evening ladies I’m so sorry I didn’t notice your forum had closed down to replies- it does that after 100 replies and I hasn’t noticed – apologies but you can all start chatting again now xx

I hope you are all comfortable on the couch and your recoveries are going well 🙂

Mitzi – 3rd January – On Done Couch
    Cathy- January 4th – On Done Couch
    Rosiesuecat – 10th January – On Done Couch
    Lindylou – 11th January – On Done Couch
    Clare – 12th January – On Done Couch
    Cath – 15th January – On Done Couch
    Shaster – 16th January – On Done Couch
    Poppy – 18th January – On Done Couch
    Chrissie – 23rd January – On Done Couch
    Vhemingway – 24th January – On Done Couch
    Maureen – 26th January – On Done Couch
    Scattygirl – 28th January – On Done Couch
    Ellis04 – TBC

Steph28
    Participant

Hello Jules is that why I haven’t had replies on my post? I hope all the ladies that have had there operations are healing and recovering well xx

vhemingway
    Participant

Morning eveyone. I hope Maureen and scattygirl have landed gently on the done couch. I am surprisingly fine, apart from an annoying cough – awake pretty much all day and up and about, and I had a 10 minute walk outside yesterday. I’ll probably try for 11 mins today depending on the weather. I don’t have much wind now, so I think the peppermint tea and peppermint oil capsules are doing their job.
    Hope everyone else is recovering well.
    Vivienne xx

vhemingway
    Participant

Bless you Steph28, reading your post in the forum you have certainly gone through a lot to be where you are now. I can’t even begin to imagine the pain and distress you’re going through, and it certainly sounds as if you have fought as hard as you can to be a mum.
    I’m no expert (and I’m not sure whether any of us on these forums are), but if you are going to have to have a hysterectomy have you explored the possibility of having your eggs frozen? I know it won’t be the same as giving birth yourself, but that would at least give you the option of surrogacy in future.
    The other thing I would say is that I think it is really important to have counselling through all this.
    It’s possible that the hysterectomy association may be able to help too, and may be able to put you in touch with someone who has gone through something similar.
    Wishing you all the best.

ROSIESUECAT
    Participant

Hi Vivienne
    I also had a cough for the first week after the op and it certainly hurt to cough!
    I had good news yesterday my consultant wrote to me to say all the histology results were benign so no further treatment required. I can now concentrate on healing hurrah
    And I got some lovely flowers from work today
    How is everyone else getting on?
    Rosie

vhemingway
    Participant

Hi Rosie
    Great news about your histology results – hurrah indeed!
    Despite my daily walk I find I’m getting a little stir crazy. I’m on my 5th book and have nearly finished that. Maybe I’ll see if there are any serials on iplayer to help pass the time. What is everyone else doing to occupy themselves?
    Viv

Ellis04
    Participant

Hi Ladies
    I hope you’re all doing okay and not in too much discomfort.

I had hoped I would have joined you on the couch by now but I’m still waiting for my date so I guess will have to pop along to the February line up now! I have chased several times only to be brought sharply down! Its been 24 weeks..ish since my referral and almost 12 weeks since I signed on the dotted line so I don’t think I was out of line in chasing but there you go, happy times.

Speedy recovery to you all and big hugs.

ROSIESUECAT
    Participant

Hi Vivienne
    I have been using some of the time to catch up with all the things I don’t get time to do when at work. Such as deleting emails from my inbox which had reached 25,000!!
    I can now walk to Sainsburys about 15 minutes away and have a coffee there.
    I also have started to knit a jumper I used to do this about 30 years ago but again time is too short normally
    I am also trying to brush up on my French which I have been meaning to do for ages.
    Really I don’t know how I ever had time to work there’s just so much to get on with!!
    Rosie

vhemingway
    Participant

Hi Rosie
    Deleting emails – now there’s a thought. Mine tend to get out of hand too, so that’s probably a good idea. I also have a jumper I started knitting about 2 years ago, which needs finishing (I got annoyed with it as I kept doing it wrong).
    And the language learning wouldn’t go amiss either.
    They’re all things I tend to ignore if I have my head in a book, but as I will be running out soon……
    I am at least walking about 20 mins a day outside at the moment, which I am really enjoying 🙂

bookface
    Participant

Hi Ladies
    Well done and gentle hugs to all who are on the couch, I send you warmest wishes for continued recovery and thank you for your shared stories. Ellis04 I hope to be alongside you in February, after waiting like a yappy dog for the post every day I braved telephoning the hospital secretary today but was told I just have to wait for my letter. Longer to prepare (and worry)
    sleep well
    Wendy

nitty
    Participant

HI All,
    had my op 3 weeks tomorrow, been doing great no problems, this morning has a gush of brownish red blood/ discharge, anyone else had this 3 after?

juleskirk50

Hi nitty,

It could be some internal stitches dissolving but if it continues and becomes bright red and you feel unwell I’d say you need to get it checked out – just keep your eye on it and don’t let it go on for too long xx

nitty
    Participant

Thanks JulesKrik50
    its settled now, just didn’t want a set back, as I am doing so good. just frustrated by not been able to do too much, but on a good note I am half way there to my 6 weeks x

Mitzi
    Participant

Hi Ladies I just realised I was not getting notifications of new posts. Yesterday was the 4 week mark since my TAH and BSO and honestly I don’t feel like I have had major surgery. I went along to my GP on Monday as my fit note only covered 4 weeks and thought I could go back next week (mostly desk based job) but he was adamant that even though I am doing well he was not letting me back for another 2 weeks. Oh well better listen to him and there are plenty more books to be read. I am clocking up about 6 km a day on my fitbit form walking. Have not driven yet – no need thanks to online shopping and living within walking distance of local shops but might try next weekend.
    I went out to an awards ceremony last night and found that my skirt is looser in the waist than before. I still have some puffiness around the incision – the infamous swelly belly but a pair of support tights soon sorted that out. I am 1.8 kg lighter and no longer look 4 months pregnant.
    don’t know how everyone else is managing on the BM front. It does feel as bad a childbirth the first time but does get easier. However 4 weeks on I found I still need lactulose but my GP suggested switching to Laxido (used to be called movicol). I find it much better (less wind!), comes in sachets and has an orange taste.
    hope everyone else is recovering well.

ROSIESUECAT
    Participant

Hi Mitzi
    Glad to hear alls going well. I am at 3 weeks post op and feeling quite good although I have just fallen asleep at 3pm watching the tv!
    I haven’t been out of the leggings as yet but looking forward to putting my jeans on again.
    I am walking about 3 km each day and haven’t driven yet either. Not easy today as there was a lot of snow and ice.
    The consultant signed me off work for 6 weeks when I left the hospital and I am going to see him again on 20th Feb so will be able to discuss work return then
    I am taking one doucasate sodium every day which seems to be working re BM along with plenty of fruit and veg
    Rosiesuecat

Mitzi
    Participant

great to hear you are getting on so well too Rosiesuecat. I have the occasional nap too but fortunately none of that fatigue and exhaustion that seems to hit some. Hope everyone else is making progress even if it feels small it is in the right direction and whilst being kind to yourselves and listening to your body.

vhemingway
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’m now 1 week post op, and tbh, apart from the incisions and a bit of discomfort I feel fine. In fact, sometimes I wonder whether they just did the 4 incisions and left everything in. Bms are ok, still a bit of wind but that’s about it. Walked about a km this afternoon – could probably have walked more, but don’t want to overdo it – and have been occupying myself undoing and redoing a bit of knitting (several times).
    Stopped wearing my sexy surgical socks today as they’d got to the stage of rolling down all the time.
    I am looking forward to wearing normal clothes too – joggers are not a good look on me 🙂

Afterglow
    Participant

Morning everyone.

I am leaving the comfort of denial to post here. I had my ovaries, uterus and cervix ( and associated fibroids) removed on the afternoon of Thursday 31st Jan I came home yesterday and am now blinking shattered. I feel like I should be up but have no energy for anything other than bed. I’d never have thought it could be so hard to rest. I had stacks more energy yesterday but being driven home and unpacking the bag has knocked the stuffing right out of me.

I’m 52 and was having very heavy long periods and low energy. Other treatments weren’t possible and I was fortunate to be able to have a “trial menopause” with ovarian downregulation and hrt first. That was a revelation and I’m very happy that post op I can continue on the same oestrogen patches as before. I haven’t really had any pain, more discomfort that’s been manageable with ibuprofen and paracetamol. I feel very bloated so am drinking plenty of peppermint cordial and tea.

Mitzi
    Participant

welcome to the done couch Afterglow. you sound little down but I think it is quite normal to feel shattered. I did not bother to get out of PJs for 3 days as it all seemed to much effort and I tried to rest in bed as much as I could. I also felt very bloated. Did you get your bloods done before the op and could you be anaemic? my surgeon got me to test for iron deficiency as I too had really heavy bleeds but they were Ok. I don’t how much blood loss there is doing the op but assume some so after the op I ate lots of iron rich foods that help rebuild so beetroot juice, leafy vegetables and took a good multivitamin. Just go with what your body tells you and if you need to rest and nap lots then do that. x

ROSIESUECAT
    Participant

Hi Afterglow
    Welcome to the done couch. Don’t worry it does get better slowly day by day and the best thing I found is to try and relax. Any worries speak to your Gp.
    I am now at 3 weeks plus 2 days post op and the most annoying thing is that I can still only wear jogging bottoms anything tighter is just too painful so will just have to be patient and wait a bit longer. It’s all a waiting game in the recovery lounge!
    Rosiesue

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today