skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs January January 2019

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 123 total)
  • Author

Chrissie66
    Participant

Hi,

A newbie here. Advised yesterday to have a full hysterectomy and bi-lateral salpingo (?) oopherdoobery – will get the jargon eventually. Am also have washings and biopsy of the abdominal wall. It’s all happened quite quickly as only referred and saw consultant in December. Have being told that it should be within the 4 weeks/31 daysso I may be a January or February lady. They are hoping to do as laparoscopy/vaginal but may need to go for full incision once they can see inside.

Am feeling rather shocked to be honest, not so much that I need an op but the speed at which it has/will happen. I am a self employed garden designer so also panicking at what current projects I can realistically continue with. Luckily a quiet time of year for me but I have a couple of really good projects at an early stage so worrying about how to broach the subject and give a realistic target re impact on design/implementation timescales etc. Both are far enough underway that I won’t (hopefully) lose the clients…..she says typing with crossed fingers. Am hoping I can start back at work quite quickly, maybe 2 weeks completely offline, then a little bit as and when. I work from home and could do just an hour at a time. Am hoping my date is towards the end of the 4 weeks so I can get as much work finished, or at least drafted, in advance.

Gulp……

Mitzi
    Participant

welcome Chrissie66. if it is of any help I have had a total abdominal with BSO and a horizontal incision (bikini line). they say that when laparoscopically done the recovery is a little speedier. I have been signed off for 4 weeks (scientist) however 1 week post surgery am able to sit for an hour or so and do work on my laptop. Being a very keen gardener myself I opted to have this done so early in the year so that by March/April I can get out there and do little light gardening again (OH will have to do the heavy pot lifting etc). I assume you don’t do any hard landscaping but perhaps planting up and they generally say 6 weeks of avoiding lifting anything over 10 lbs ( the guidance really varies) but you also learn to just listen to your body and have to be sensible. You also need to consider when you might be able to safely drive to clients and perhaps seek advice from your consultant but even if your op ends up being abdominal I would think by 6 weeks. Best of luck!

ROSIESUECAT
    Participant

Hi ladies and Mitzi
    I am on the done couch. And am feeling fine, went down to theatre at 6.15 pm last night everyone was lovely and before I knew it woke up in recovery at 8 pm. There was some pain but this was quickly taken away with pain Meds and I have been dozing and sleeping all night.
    Unfortunately the consultant had to convert from a lapascopic op to a TAH but he did warn me he might have to.
    Haven’t seen consultant yet with news of what he found so keeping fingers crossed!
    Chrissie my time line was similar to yours just over 4 weeks from finding out I needed a hystetectomy for complex hyperplasia with atypia to actu ally having the op
    As most ladies on here say the fear beforehand is worse than the actual reality
    ROSIESUECAT
    XX

Mitzi
    Participant

well done rosiesucat and thanks for joining me on the couch. Hope you keep on feeling better as the day/s go by. I have to say slowing down and being more mindful of what I do and how I do it is good for the soul as is the opportunity to just rest, relax, read etc. It puts a different perspective on things. Look after yourself!

Ellis04
    Participant

Well done Rosiesuecat, glad you’re through the other side and all is okay! Do take it easy now though.

vhemingway
    Participant

Glad to hear you’re feeling fine Rosiesuecat. Take care.

Scattygirl
    Participant

Well done Rosiesuecat. Glad it’s all over for you. Now you can get on with the recovery. xx

vhemingway
    Participant

Hope everything goes well tomorrow Clare, and you’ll soon be resting on the done couch!

ROSIESUECAT
    Participant

Good luck for tomorrow Clare it will soon be over .
    Saw my consultant today he was very happy with the way it all went my womb was full of fibroids but he did not see anything suspicious. I just have to wait for histology results in a few weeks time.
    He said I should be able to go home tomorrow , hurrah
    Rosiesuecat

Chrissie66
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Mitzi. You’re right luckily I don’t do any hard landscaping and little actual planting (except in my own garden). Main physical work is receiving and placing out plants ready (fo someone else) to plant.

I bumped into one of my clients at lunchtime, hubby had taken me for a pub lunch, so was able to have a chat and let him know the situation. He was fine (lovely) about it all, so feeling a little happier about things.

I expect we will both be frustrated not getting into our own gardens for a while, especially if we have a mild spring. I think I might try and get in with some early weeding before my date, everything seems to have kept growing this winter .

Chrissie66
    Participant

Thanks Rosiesuecat, especially taking time to reply on the day of your op 🙂

I hope your receivers goes well x

Chrissie66
    Participant

Ha ha wonderful autocorrect. I hope your RECOVERY goes well xx

cjn75
    Participant

Welcome Chrissie!🙋‍♀️
    So pleased all went well rosiesuecat! Take care of yourself! X
    Thanks ladies, I was on a clear fluid diet and bowel prep yesterday, so the hunger and going to toilet actually took my mind off of today!😂 actually had a good sleep! Going in at 7am, see you on the other side xx

juleskirk50

Good luck for today Clare Hope all goes well and you land gently ( hope I’m not too late for you to read this 😟)

Welcome to the done couch rosiesuecat hope you get home as you will feel much more comfortable in your own bed xx

Welcome Chrissie hope you get a date soon as the waiting really is the worst part of all of this.

Have a good day ladies. Xx 😄

Mitzi – 3rd January – On Done Couch
    Rosiesuecat – 10th January – On Done Couch
    Clare – 12th January – On Done Couch
    Cath – 15th January
    Shaster – 16th January
    Vhemingway – 24th January
    Scattygirl – 28th January
    Ellis04 – TBC

Shaster
    Participant

Hi Ladies I’m new here just found out before Christmas they found cancer cells in cervix so just last week was told would need a hysterectomy but will leave my ovaries I’m 36 with 6month old baby who I bf so feeling quite emotional at moment my only wish was that I could continue breastfeeding my baby as I know now she will be my last.. I’m still feeling like it’s happening to someone else had appointment with my consultant who is so lovely but when I heard all the what might happen feels quite scared l think I’m feeling sad because this operation makes so many things final for me but I know it’s the best for my hubby and kids just really really hard people say at least you have your children but still a sadness there if anyone has any advice for me will take it all on board just afraid now of what will happen after op
    Thanks

Cath1
    Participant

HI @shaster – I am so sorry to hear that. Quite understand you must be emotional and so so sad about it. BUT just do remember that you have given your baby an amazing start in life by Breastfeeding for 6 months. So don’t beat yourself up about that – your health is THE most important thing going forward and your baby has had a great start.
    Fingers crossed for you and that you get a date soon. xxxx

Scattygirl
    Participant

Big hugs for you Shaster 💖

Shaster
    Participant

Hi cath 1 have my date for the 16th know its best all round I’m sure il be on here looking for all the best advice for recovery. Thanks Scattygirl

cjn75
    Participant

Hi ladies, I am now on the done couch and hopefully going home today! It wasn’t too bad and I’m actually in less pain now than I used to suffer before with endometriosis and adhesions, wind is the worst thing, so pack some peppermint oil capsules and prunes and drink plenty of water! Also highly recommend earplugs and eye mask, sleep is almost impossible!😂 I had laparoscopic TAH and BSO and removal of endometriosis from a few different areas including bowel and adhesions to my spleen. So am expecting to feel like a new woman once I have recovered!

Good luck for tomorrow Cath1!!xx

And hi to shaster, its a very emotional time, especially after having a baby but as cath1 said, you have given your baby 6 wonderful months of breast milk!which is amazing xx

cjn75
    Participant

How are you doing rosiesuecat??

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 123 total)
  • The topic ‘January 2019’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today