skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs January January 2019

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 123 total)
  • Author

Mitzi
    Participant

well done Clare and hope you continue feel better as the days go by. Rosiesucat I hope you are recovering too. Sleeping at home in own bed is definitely better and on day 12 post TAH I am pleased that my sleep has improved greatly. I tried leaving my pain meds off (only ibuprofen) last night and no ill effects. Some slight twinges when I move from lying but most of the discomfort is now from my bowels (that wind pain is legendary!) or when my bladder is full but it is very manageable. My fitbit registered 3000 steps yesterday and taking at least two 15 min walks outside a day. Also doing the odd hour of email/work on laptop and feels OK but also making sure I lie down several times a day. Rest and rest as they say. The “swelly belly’ seems a permanent fixture but it is early days so not too worried.
    I am still pleasantly surprised how well I feel given the extent of this op and hope all you fellow Miss Januarys do or will feel the same.
    Cath – will be thinking of you tomorrow and plumping the cushions on the done couch for you!

ROSIESUECAT
    Participant

Hi Mitzi and Clare
    Great to hear you are both doing so well.
    I am fine, have had minimum wind and bowels working well
    Went out for a very short walk this morning as the sun is out and it looks like the weather may be going downhill later in the week. We have picked the worst time of the year for this op!
    Mitzi do you have a bikini line incision.?
    Mine is very yellow and bruised in parts and looks slightly red but due to its position (under my belly roll!) I find it difficult to see properly and have to use a mirror.
    I am just concerned I might miss an infection starting
    I am still having to inject anti clotting as well.
    For those of you still waiting try not to worry it’s really not that badxx

Mitzi
    Participant

Hi Rosiesuecat
    glad you are doing well too. yes mine is bikini line too about 8 inches – have dissolvable stitches in mine and healing really well. The yellow might be a left over from the stuff they paint on and can be bruising too. Mine feels quite warm & is also a little red. I think this is normal part of the inflammation and healing after being cut. if it gives off any discharge or becomes very sensitive to even the lightest touch then I would get it checked out. I removed my dressing at 4 days after discharge and it looked completely clean. I too had to inject the anti-clotting for 7 days and that also leaves some bruises. I am afraid I ditched the sexy stockings after 2 days as was getting a v itchy skin rash and just made sure I moved lots.
    see what you mean about time of year but I thought Jan is the best time to hibernate under a duvet so I am well enough when the weather improves.

ROSIESUECAT
    Participant

Ha ha yes the compression stockings are really annoying. They keep rolling down at the knees and cutting into me so I will probably last only another couple of days with them.
    Sleeping is also difficult as only able to sleep on my back so after a couple of hours my back starts to protest and I have to get out of bed and move about.
    X

Shaster
    Participant

Hi ladies hope you don’t mind me asking but when you go to theatre do they shave the whole of ur downstairs or not just thinking would I be better to wax it thanks shaster

ROSIESUECAT
    Participant

Hi Shaster
    They dont shave any of your pubic hair.The reason being any small cuts that occur can introduce infection in the area.
    X
    Rosiesuecat

Shaster
    Participant

Hi Roisiesuecat can I get my waxing done are am I better to leave them too it in hospital

Mitzi
    Participant

Hi Shaster yes Rosiesuecat is right and in some patient information sources I have seen that even waxing should not be done for same reason that it could break the skin. Best leave them to deal with it in theatre if need be.
    best of luck

ROSIESUECAT
    Participant

Hi Shaster
    If I were you I would leave it if your op is close.
    I did think about this briefly beforehand but needn’t have worried neither the consultant nor the nursing stafa were in the slightest bit interested in my nether regions . But of course this may vary between hospitals
    R

Shaster
    Participant

Thanks Rosiesuecat I know I’m being done abdominally but I think il leave as you said leave them to that thanks hope your recovery going well that’s what I’m dreading a bit after Wednesday… Il have loads of questions after Wednesday on the dos and don’ts

juleskirk50

Cath good luck for tomorrow hope all goes well and you land gently xx

Mitzi and rosiesuecat you are both doing great take it nice and slow xx

Mitzi keep an eye on that incision and maybe get it checked if it doesn’t settle down xx

Mitzi – 3rd January – On Done Couch
    Rosiesuecat – 10th January – On Done Couch
    Clare – 12th January – On Done Couch
    Cath – 15th January
    Shaster – 16th January
    Vhemingway – 24th January
    Scattygirl – 28th January
    Ellis04 – TBC

vhemingway
    Participant

Best wishes for tomorrow Cath. I hope it all goes well.

Glad to hear everyone on the done couch is doing well.

V xx

Scattygirl
    Participant

Good luck for tomorrow Cath. Hope all goes to plan.

Re the shaving downstairs bit ….. I’ve been asked to shave but I’m not having an abdominal cut. I had a little ‘practice’ a couple of weeks ago and ended up using a cream. It seemed more gentle 🤭😉

Hope everyone on the done couch is continuing to recover well. Xx

Ellis04
    Participant

Yes good luck to everyone coming up and big hugs and well done to those on the couch!

I’m still waiting for my date. I called again last week and was told it would be February now but they couldn’t give me a date.

juleskirk50

Shaster good luck for your op tomorrow I hope all goes well and you land gently xx

Cath I hope you’re sitting comfortably and we look forward to hearing from you when you can xx

Ellis how frustrating for you hopefully you’ll get your date soon x

Mitzi – 3rd January – On Done Couch
    Rosiesuecat – 10th January – On Done Couch
    Clare – 12th January – On Done Couch
    Cath – 15th January – On Done Couch
    Shaster – 16th January
    Vhemingway – 24th January
    Scattygirl – 28th January
    Ellis04 – TBC

Shaster
    Participant

Thanks hopefully this time tomorrow il be done

Scattygirl
    Participant

Hope all goes well Shaster. xx

Chrissie66
    Participant

Have just had a phone call from the hospital and my date is Wednesday 23rd, next week eek!

Luckily we had already started getting ourselves prepared 😳

Mitzi
    Participant

it has gone all very quiet and I hope that is a good sign and perhaps everyone is just resting and having a digital detox too. I am 2 weeks post TAH BSO and feeling good. I am surprised how much easier moving has become and have done a couple of 15 min walks a day (weather is not helping though as -2 real feel today).
    Hope Cath, Claire and Shaster you have all landed very gently on the done couch. Rosiesuecat hope the wound has settled and those still waiting with hindsight that is probably the worst bit.

Mitzi
    Participant

excellent Chrissie66 better sooner than later and look forward to having you join the done couch this time next week. Hope you got that bit of gardening done but make sure you get some rest leading up to it too as sleep is not great in the first few days. best of luck!

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 123 total)
  • The topic ‘January 2019’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today