skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs January January 2019

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 123 total)
  • Author

cjn75
    Participant

That’s great you have date Chrissie!

Hi mitzi, you sound like you’re getting on well! I’m day 5 or 6 now. Haven’t needed any painkillers since day 4, endometriosis pain was worse than this but the wind pain has been the worst! It’s easing now! I’m mostly resting in bed and walking around occasionally, very emotional, crying at cards flowers and messages, books, dog videos, you name it!😂 anyone else? Not in a depressed way though!I started an oestrogen patch on Monday. Not sleeping well, but it’s not like I have to get up for work😂
    Going to go for a 10 min walk tomorrow.
    Does anyone know about when to start pelvic floor exercises? I’ve been given no info and online varies from straight away to wait until 6 weeks.
    I hope Cath, shaster and rosiesuecat are all doing well.
    Clare xx

Mitzi
    Participant

Hi Clare you are doing well too by the sounds of it. Being emotional is very natural. I think it is quite a brutal op and it brings out your vulnerability. I was prepared to blubber lots after the op and had told myself also that is was Ok – having a good cry can be quite release. However I have not felt the need and am far less emotional than I did in the weeks leading up to it. I was put on HRT patches straight away which might also be a reason. Yes agree bowel movements and wind pain are the worst bit and I have not dared to let up on the lactulose. Regarding pelvic floor exercise this might also depend on what you have had done but I was told to do them as soon as catheter was out and I was able to wee. I have been told to do 10 second holds 3 repetitions about 5 times a day. I starred off v gently but now feel able to do them well. I did do Pilates for years so was used to these.

cjn75
    Participant

Thanks, I will make a start! I stopped the lactulose after leaving hospital but have a bag of prunes next to my bed, a handful a day is doing the trick, plus drinking lots of water, I’ve never been a lover of prunes but the alternative is unbearable to think about!!

ROSIESUECAT
    Participant

Hi all
    I am a week post TAH and to be honest I keep forgetting I have had it done.
    Only the odd twinge from the incision and pain when needing a bowel motion remind me, al though I do get tired mid afternoon.
    Didn’t go out yesterday as it rained all day but bright and sunny today so went for a 15 minute walk.
    Keep thinking of all the things I could be doing with this amount of time off as it amounts to a whole years worth of annual leave!
    I was very emotional about 4 years ago when I went through the menopause and would cry at things like adverts on the TV which now seems very strange so for those of you who have gone though menopause as a result of the op this kind of thing is normal and does pass.
    Rosuesuecat

juleskirk50

Hello ladies glad to hear you have a date Chrissie not long to wait 😐😄

Mitzi – 3rd January – On Done Couch
    Rosiesuecat – 10th January – On Done Couch
    Clare – 12th January – On Done Couch
    Cath – 15th January – On Done Couch
    Shaster – 16th January – On Done Couch
    Chrissie – 23rd January
    Vhemingway – 24th January
    Scattygirl – 28th January
    Ellis04 – TBC

Shaster
    Participant

Well ladies I’m done now on road to recovery now

ROSIESUECAT
    Participant

Excellent news Shaster now you need to rest and take it easy
    X

Ellis04
    Participant

Oh well done Shaster, hope your recovery is swift, do take it easy. Xxx

Scattygirl
    Participant

Glad to hear it Shaster. I hope there’s room still left on that couch at the end of January 😱😂😂

Shaster
    Participant

Thanks scattygirl plenty of room think I’m hitting day 3 very emotional but hopefully my baby can be brought in tomorrow and think a cuddle will help that as I’m here til Monday at least but think I need to be for pain

juleskirk50

Good morning ladies just adding Cathy to your list she had her op on the 4th January and should be along to join you soon xx

Shaster I hope you enjoy cuddles with your baby and hopefully you’ll be home soon in your own comfy bed where you will feel much better xx

Mitzi – 3rd January – On Done Couch
    Cathy- January 4th – On Done Couch
    Rosiesuecat – 10th January – On Done Couch
    Clare – 12th January – On Done Couch
    Cath – 15th January – On Done Couch
    Shaster – 16th January – On Done Couch
    Chrissie – 23rd January
    Vhemingway – 24th January
    Maureen – 26th January
    Scattygirl – 28th January
    Ellis04 – TBC

MaureenB
    Participant

Hello all,

I’m being “done” on 26th January. I have been diagnosed with Stage 1 A womb cancer so I am having the whole works out! I have been really assured that the cure will be the hysterectomy so no Chemo or radiotherapy. I consider myself very lucky that it was found at such an early stage. I am a young 69 and have a lot of life left to live once this op is all out of the way.

That’s all for now, but I will be coming in for tips and hints

ROSIESUECAT
    Participant

Hello Maureen
    My top tip would be try not to worry too much I know this is easier said than done but the op was so much easier to deal with than I thought.
    X.

Scattygirl
    Participant

Oh bless Shaster, it must be so hard leaving such a little one at home. I hope the cuddle makes you feel better. You’ll soon be home with all the *gentle* cuddles that you need xx

Scattygirl
    Participant

Hi Maureen and good luck on the 26th. You’re two days before me! xx

Shaster
    Participant

Hi ladies shaster here last night got very bad panic attack came out of nowhere nurse explained what it was felt like I was going to die to be honest anyone experience this after op

Cath1
    Participant

hi All Cath here – on the done couch. I went in to hospital 1 week ago tonite, and the op went according to plan – they took everything away, via abdomen. I Am finally able to sit at computer so think that i have been hit worse by the op than some of you!
    I found really bad headaches, after op & just felt so sick, and tired, also had a slight temp’ so that didn’t help. So came out day 4 and am am feeling good-ish…. I ditched the codeine and pain killers as soon as i came out of hospital on Day 4 as codeine bungs you up… And i am taking lactulose and trying to get back to normal routine on the loo front – its very painful the wind and the passing.

I was shaved in surgery a little bit down there – at the very top of pubic bone. Scar healing ok. Looking outside its sunny so i guess i should go for a walk looking at all your notes above re exercise. I have been stuck inside since friday so guess i should go for it!!
    Thanks for the support on here . Its been great. Good luck to all the rest of you in Jan and @shaster, its normal to feel very distressed – it is a major op. Big hug to you. Cx

ROSIESUECAT
    Participant

Hi Cath and Shaster
    Glad to hear you are feeling good Cath.
    I am on day 11 post op and find that whilst the mind is willing the body isn’t. So after doing a few small things such as a short walk or having a shower I need to take a rest for half an hour.
    I am determined though to get outside and have a walk every day.
    At last I am sleeping better and can now sleep on my side which helps considerably.
    Shaster I don’t have any personal experience of panic attacks do you think that it was triggered by anything on particular?
    When are you likely to be discharged as being at home should help your recovery let’s face it hospitals aren’t the most relaxing environment to be in with constant noise and not being in control of your day.
    Xx

Mitzi
    Participant

wishing Chrissie, VHemingway and Maureen all the best for this week and gentle landings on the done couch.
    for those on the couch already remember this is not a race we all respond very differently. I have been fortunate to make a quick and uneventful recovery so far. I wanted to share my positive experience not least to reassure those still unsure or waiting for this op but it is really not meant as some yardstick that you should measure yourself against. Reading lots of past posts I was aware of how varied the recovery is.
    Cath , why not start with a short walk and take someone with you and if afterwards you feel whacked and need to sleep than do just that. Listening to your body is the kindest thing you can do to yourselves. We are all getting better bit by bit in our own way. sending a gentle hug to all
    Mitzi

CathyDennis
    Participant

Hi All
    I think I’ve, at long last negotiated the website to find the January list! Feeling a bit like Rosie after doing – walking, up and about in the house – need to rest after.
    Op was on 4 Jan as the lovely mediator mentioned. I am sore and my belly button stitches are pulling, the other four port holes have all pinged and I’ve pulled the ends out so that it stops catching.
    I had three big stitches in belly button, quite a big incision.
    Hot flushes are dreadful – can’t tell if there are any better or just getting worse.
    Cathy

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 123 total)
  • The topic ‘January 2019’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today