June 2017 – part 2

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs June June 2017 – part 2

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of juleskirk50
    juleskirk50
    Participant

I have started a continuation of June 2017 which will soon close to replies as it has now reached 100. X

Here is your list to remind you xx

Rebecca – 1st June – On Done Couch
    Amaryllis – 1st June – On Done Couch
    Jane – 1st June – On Done Couch
    Lee – – 5th June – On Done Couch
    Karen – 5th June – On Done Couch
    Louise – 6th June – On Done Couch
    Kayt – 7th June – On Done Couch
    Jackie – 7th June – On Done Couch
    Gaynor – 8th June – On Done Couch
    Karen – 19th June
    Liza – 20th June
    Michelle – 21st June
    Lina – 24th June
    Sophie – 27th June

Profile photo of loubylou48
    loubylou48
    Participant

Hello Gaynor, hope you’re recovering well.

I’ve had a bit of bleeding yesterday, only very pale pink blood which I believe is the internal stitches dissolving?

I’m still doing well but suffering with this strange pain by my left hip. It feels like pulling/tugging/ stretching – I thought it was because I was lifting too much but I’ve realised I get the pain when I’m standing still, sitting or lying down. Very strange.

I also had a bit of a cry yesterday too – through frustration and guilt that my partner is having to do everything.

juleskirk50
    Participant

Evening ladies,

Good luck for tomorrow Karen I hope all goes well and you manage to have a relaxing evening tonight xx

Loubylou – sounds like it could be the internal stitches dissolving – just keep your eye on it. Could be the internal stitches healing and tightening up as they heal – but as always if you are worried about anything it’s always best to check with your gp.

It’s too hot !!! 😎☀️

Profile photo of Gaynor
    Gaynor French
    Participant

Hello Lou

I was doing OK thank you but it went a bit pear shaped last night. I had a bad night of cramping, pressure pain and discovered fresh blood each time I went to the toilet over several visits and took it a bit easier this morning but pain was so bad I had to go to an out of hours doctors which was hard to do – they don’t seem to do home visits. As suggested by the doctor, I am going to call the clinic nurse tomorrow as I am a bit worried as I am still getting the pain but the bleeding has receded a little. I am hoping that it is part of the healing process as Jules mentioned in her post.

I will update you later tomorrow as I might get useful info on the subject to allay anyone’s fears.

Night night
    G x

loubylou48
    Participant

Gaynor or I’ve had on and off bleeding all weekend- it’s very slight and then this morning there was a bit of black cotton on the tissue! I presume stitches.

Best to get it checked out though if it’s heavy!

I’m tempted to make an appointment to see my GP this morning just to check out my pain. It does feel like tugging but also bruised inside

Lou x

Keep cool everyone

juleskirk50
    Participant

Good afternoon ladies,

Gaynor and louby how are you both today – I do hope you are both feeling a little bit better x

Good luck for tomorrow lisa. Hope all goes well for you. Xx

Hopefully Karen has now reached the couch and is sitting comfortably !! X

loubylou48
    Participant

I couldn’t get in to see my GP today, I’ve got an appointment tomorrow at 10.30. I’m so glad as the pain is quite uncomfortable today. It feels like a burning sensation and has moved down towards my groin. My skin on that side also feels warm to the touch compared to the other side. My incision (about 3 cm long) is clean and dry and doesn’t appear infected.

I haven’t got a temperature but could it be an infection inside.

Tomorrow I’ll be 2 weeks post op and was hoping to slightly increase my walking. I’m very impatient to be well.

Hopefully the dr will have some answers.

Profile photo of paulajyn
    Paula Seed
    Participant

Hi Louby.
    I had a warm feeling on the right hand side of my scar after a TAH BSO. Turns out I had a slight infection in my wound. A week on antibiotics have sorted it out. Hope you get it sorted tomorrow
    Paula.

loubylou48
    Participant

I’ve been to see my GP, he examined me and had a feel of my tummy. I have 4 incisions (where there is usually only 3) and 2 of them, are on my left hand side. He says the pain I’m feeling is tissue and muscle healing. He doesn’t believe there is any infection.

He says I’m expecting too much after 2 weeks and should just keep taking painkillers and resting. Even though I’ve had keyhole, the stuff that’s gone on inside my body is the same as a woman whose had abdominal surgery.

I feel more reassured now.

Lou x

juleskirk50
    Participant

Good afternoon ladies,

Good luck for tomorrow Michelle – try to have a relaxing evening xx

Lou – it’s always best to check and now you have been reassured you will feel much better – just take it nice and easy and gradually increase your walking – if you take regular pain relief it should make it easier xx😎😀

Rebecca – 1st June – On Done Couch
    Amaryllis – 1st June – On Done Couch
    Jane – 1st June – On Done Couch
    Lee – – 5th June – On Done Couch
    Karen – 5th June – On Done Couch
    Louise – 6th June – On Done Couch
    Kayt – 7th June – On Done Couch
    Jackie – 7th June – On Done Couch
    Gaynor – 8th June – On Done Couch
    Karen – 19th June – On Done Couch
    Liza – 20th June – On Done Couch
    Michelle – 21st June
    Lina – 24th June
    Sophie – 27th June

Profile photo of Fiji62
    Fiji62
    Participant

Good afternoon ladies,

Julie & I must think alike! I was just posting when your post came up!
    Good luck tomorrow, Michelle.
    I’ve just made a lovely fresh fruit & cream gateau for my friend’s birthday as she & her OH are coming up this evening. I’ll send you all a virtual slice – the vitamin C in the strawberries, raspberries & blueberries is very good for wound healing! The cream is good for the soul!

Have a good evening everyone!

Fiona x

juleskirk50
    Participant

Sounds lovely Fiona 🍰🍰😎

Profile photo of Gaynor
    Gaynor French
    Participant

Sorry for late response Lou. Hope your pain has subsided now. I got the same pain but fresh blood and nurse Gaynor (haha same name which is unusual) said it might have dislodged my stitches on Saturday as apparently when the vagina is stitched up some blood collects behind and if stitches dislodge then the blood seeps through. She said it might happen again if not careful. Just to warn you not to panic if you get fresh blood and pain which then gradually subsides after rest.

I took it as a warning sign because like you I was very active and a gym member before the op and already getting impatient. 😕

Hope everyone else is recovering well and good luck to those who are about to go under the knife or robot.

G xx

loubylou48
    Participant

Gaynor I’ve still got a bit of pain but am taking paracetamol. I feel better for seeing my GP and him checking me over. I do find it strange that we have such major surgery and are sent home with a few leaflets and some drugs and left to get on with it. If it wasn’t for these forums I’d be lost.

I too have had a bit more bleeding recently, not much and just using a pantyliner.

I’m missing our daily walks around our neighbourhood but am going to attempt a little walk today.

At least it’s a bit cooler today!

Profile photo of Gaynor
    Gaynor French
    Participant

Hi Lou
    Yes I am getting more info from the forums. Are you getting headaches and disturbed sleep at the moment because I am and just wondered if that was normal as well? Has your pain subsided and/or manageable?

Fiona, your cake tasted virtually divine 😂.

How is everyone else doing? Good luck to Lina for tomorrow.

Enjoy the cooler weather as I certainly will.

G xx

juleskirk50
    Participant

Good morning,

Lina good luck for today sorry it’s a bit last minute 😂 I hope you are feeling calm and all goes well xx 😘

Have a nice day everyone hope you all have some sunshine ☀️ Don’t forget to rest !! Xx

loubylou48
    Participant

Lina good luck today!

Gaynor my sleep is slowly improving, I’ve been sleeping through from about 10pm to 4/5am whereas previously I had to get up for a wee.

I’m still suffering from uncomfortable wind and my bladder hurts as I empty it but I realise this is because they move things around and bits can get bruised.

My pain is easing daily – it’s not exactly pain but more uncomfortable. I’m taking painkillers sporadically now. I’m trying to get out and walk every day, just 20 minutes or so but it’s helping.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone x

Profile photo of Fiji62
    Fiji62
    Participant

Good luck Lina. Look forward to hearing from you once you are on the done couch.

Have a good day everyone,

Fiona x

Profile photo of Liza B
    Liza Harding
    Participant

Hi all
    Is anyone else on fragmin injections? If so do they sting and burn when you inject the fluid? I’ve had blood thinning injections before but don’t remember them being so painful for so long.
    Thanks
    Liza

Profile photo of Gaynor
    Gaynor French
    Participant

Hi Liza

Yes I am injecting Fragmin and just working myself up to doing it now as I find it stings and I hate doing it. It also leaves a bruise after a while.

I do take a painkiller a little bit before so that might help you.

Hope it bets better.
    G X

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.