skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs June June 2019

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 119 total)
  • Author

juleskirk50

Good morning jack prep,

Here is the list for June – it’s not very big just now but I’m sure other will join soon 🙂

jackprep – 28th June

jackprep
    Participant

Hi Jules,
    Thank you, it seems such a long way away till June.
    Many thanks,
    Jackie

Nw01
    Participant

Hi there, I have an op scheduled for 12 jun, can I be included in the ‘June list’ please. A way off but want to get prepared, fit, thinner and organised. Have massive fibroids , one extends to just under ribs ( feel bad I hadn’t realised they were so big sooner ) so looking at a TAH with vertical incision and BSO also recommended by gynae. Not so sure on ovaries as that step feels a definite ‘neutering’ and it seems there are benefits to keeping I think even at 53. I could have hrt I think (Hrt however seems to have made the fibroids grow in the first place!). All a bit surreal that this is happening, feels huge thing to have done ….. very daunting. Have a teen family, elderly relatives and busy job ….the usual juggle. Nicola

Cjenkins
    Participant

Hi NW01. I’m 21 day post op. Had vertical incision. Full hysterectomy. Honestly the run up is far worse than the actual op. I would recommend having an epidural if offered as well as general as I had no pain for two days! Don’t really have pain just uncomfortable.
    I’m preparation, from my experience. I would accept all help, walk as much as you can. I bought a step to get in and out of bath, as my shower over bath. Make sure u eat as much fibre as you can, as the constipation after was worse part for me. Any questions please feel free to ask x

Nw01
    Participant

Hi there
    Many thanks, thanks great advice re: epidural , I will ask about that. Good to hear op not as bad as run up as I am finding thIs tricky although being so uncomfortable at the mo in a way is handy. How long did you stay in hospital? Did u use an abdominal binder at all? Saw something about this and wondered if any good. Nx

Cjenkins
    Participant

nw01. I stayed in hospital 4 nights, only because I could not have a bowel movement or wind! Not heard of s binder? But in hospital they gave me a wrapped up towel to press on tummy to cough etc, which helped. I was on cocodomol in hospital but made me constipated so went into paracetamol. But only took for a week. Everyone’s recovery is different though. Xx

AndiePandy
    Participant

Hello ladies,
    I currently do not have a date but will be put onto the waiting list in May for a TAH BSO. I have had my last of 6 monthly injections of prostap for severe endometriosis, which was only found 7 months ago whilst having a laparoscopy to remove an ovarian cyst. I found this site a few weeks ago and have been reading the posts that people have left and have found it absolutely fabulous !! It has been so wonderful to hear about all the lovely ladies journeys,
    Good health to you all xx

Helen J
    Participant

Hello, I just received my admission letter today for total abdominal hysterectomy on 12th June. I will need one more iron infusion as each period is like 6 periods at once. I feel daunted but also I know it will liberate me from debilitating symptoms my periods bring. Nice to be her amongst others going through the same thing.

Nw01
    Participant

Hi Helen J, So we share the same operation date! Good to have a plan. Agree with your feeling of being a bit daunted but at the same time keen to be rid of symptoms. Best wishes

Helen J
    Participant

Hello Nicola, thank you. I’ve been delaying as long as I could (I’m 37 have have been delaying since 2015) but it’s time to ‘bite the bullet’ as they say. Hope all goes well on the 12th for you – from what I’ve read you will have a vertical incision which takes a little longer to heal than a horizontal one, but hopefully not by much. I have no idea what BSO stands for?
    I have been getting a few things like ice compress packs, big cotton pants etc. My biggest concern is that my ovaries may fail after the hysterectomy. I would rather not go into menopause in my thirties. Especially as I had a taste of that in my early 20ies when I was put on GNHR inhibitors that plunged me into an artificial memopause for 6 months – they were by far the hardest 6 months of my entire life. Whilst I am appreciative of being in a female form, sometimes I curse it (on my pmt days especially) 🙂
    Hx

pippa
    Participant

Hi having total hysterectomy in mid April just over 2 weeks post op, i didn’t anticipate just how exhausted you get even after a shower? If i can offer anything to the june site, rest rest rest you really cant do anything else take painkillers i took paracetamol and ibuprofen and a 5ml of morphine at bedtime that relaxed me for a good night sleep, And i took lactulose morning and evening and had a high fibre breakfast and all is okay, I purchased a raised loo seat which has been the investment ever! Best wishes for all of you with ops in may nd june x

AndiePandy
    Participant

Hi
    I have just had a date for my hysterectomy on the 24th of June, could you add me to the June list please.

Mimi1962
    Participant

Hi, how can I be added to the June group please?
    My op is June 06 2019
    I have a large complex cyst and having hysterectomy, ovaries, tubes and appendix removed.
    I’m 57, I have various health issues already (copd, heart , fibromyalgia) .
    suffer from chronic anxiety . I’m terrified I will not cope in hospital .
    I have read the booklet and looked at what I should put in my hospital bag but would welcome any tips or advice. Please and Thankyou ❤️

juleskirk50

Good afternoon ladies and welcome to all our new ladies you are now all on the list which has grown quite considerably. If I’ve missed anyone let me know and I’ll add you. Xx

Some tips – a v cushion for your recovery is very useful, some small see through bags for while in hospital for your essentials like phone, charger, tissues, wet wipes, Lip balm etc
    as you won’t be able to lift your main big bag until you have a visitor, I’d also advice night shirts rather than pyjamas as you’ll likely have a catheter and it’s easier if you’re not wearing pyjamas, some plain biscuits as you won’t have much of an appetite – either ginger snaps, rich tea or digestive. I’d also advice dropping into the previous months forums where the ladies are recovering and will have lots of useful tips and advice for you and will also support you as you wait. Xx

Mimi1962 – 6th June
    Busy bee – 10th June
    Nicola – 12th June
    Helenj – 12th June
    Andiepandy – 24th June
    jackprep – 28th June

Mimi1962
    Participant

Thankyou for the add 🙂

Mimi1962
    Participant

Good luck to all fellow June Ladies. I’m remaining calm by not thinking about it 😜
    . I think I’m about as prepared as I can be!
    3 days to go!!!

Valybobs
    Participant

Good luck to everyone this month. Just popped in to say life afterwards can be brilliant – I had my op in April 2018 and have never looked back. Things I found useful: HRT – excellent for me, audio-books for when lying down, stool or box to put in front of loo to help with BMs (sorry if too much info but it really helps!). The girls from the April 18 forum helped loads too and some of us are still in touch; what an excellent source of support. In the hospital itself everyone was so calm and welcoming, including the anaesthetist! Everyone says it, the wait is the worst part, truly.
    All the very best
    Valerie

Sunnyday
    Participant

Hi

I’m new and scheduled to have a total hysterectomy on 21st June. Found this website really helpful and learnt so much. Would be lovely to be in touch with others who understand and very grateful for any advice, thanks!

pippa
    Participant

Hi sunnyday
    I had my total hysterectomy back in April so im 7 weeks post op on Thursday if there is any advice i can give is rest as much as you can in bed i didn’t do anything at all for the 1st 2/3 weeks apart from walking to the bathroom and a potter around the house I found even having a shower exhausting and would lay down afterwards! I now manage light housework still no vacuuming or ironing and rest between jobs I haven’t driven yet either i went out for a couple of hours to visit family on Saturday and popped into local supermarket with my son and although it was like a taste of freedom it has taken me 2 days to get over it !! So be prepared to feel tired just be kind to yourself, you body will tell you when to stop then rest? I also have found a high loo seat invaluable and a hand grabber so you don’t have to bend to pick things up! best wishes for you op later this month x

Mimi1962
    Participant

Thanks for the advice Pippa! Glad you’re on the mend. 2 days to go for me! xx

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 119 total)
  • The topic ‘June 2019’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today