skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs March March 2018

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

juleskirk50

This is the forum for all you ladies having their surgery in March

At the moment there’s only Marie on the list but I am sure she will soon be joined by others. X

Marie – 6th March

Marie
    Participant

Thank you Jules, it will be nice to know I’m not in my own and will have someone to speak to whilst on the done couch x

Valybobs
    Participant

Hallo there – no date yet but just been told it’s likely to be March (eek!). Had my pre-op assessment this morning, no issues at all. Don’t know what I was worrying about – probably just the unknown. Also I know they have to tell you of all the risks etc but sometimes the worst case scenario is not what you need to hear!
    Look forward to chats as we go along, it can be quite isolating in this situation.
    Valerie
    Diagnosis – Adenomyosis
    happy with supportive partner, cats and dog
    Head mush due to hormone treatments!

Marie
    Participant

Hi valybobs. Sorry I thought I’d replied. Have you got a date yet? X

Valybobs
    Participant

No nothing firm yet, Marie. Was told likely in March. Thankfully the HRT is helping the emotional low brought on by Zoladex injections. WHile an op is not something I relishg I can’t wait to put this behind me and start healing up! How are you getting on?
    🙂

Marie
    Participant

Ahh I’m SO glad you me mentioned that. I knew I was having an injection at the set-up 3 week before the hyst to stop any blood flow to the fibroids to assist the surgeon, but other than that I knew nothing about it. I phoned today to ask and was told it’s a zoladex injection to the stomach. I have no bleeding due to the ablation years ago but I am now worried about the menopause symptoms……. Any advise would be welcome. I’m epileptic so don’t really want to go down a hrt route. Also I’m going to be keeping my ovaries so hopefully should be ok after??!! Lol maybe

Valybobs
    Participant

Hi Marie
    How are things with you? I’ve still no date. I was really suffering with low mood due to the Zoladex and now the HRT has kicked in things are much better. I was back to work today and colleagues very nice, I had to tell them I’ll be off again and why. As all females they were very kind and supportive. I am totally wiped out though after one day. I’ve also put on weight as I see it’s a side-effect of both the Zoladex and HRT. Deep joy, now my body image is suffering too!! Never mind, I can’t wait for my date so I can start planning and move on with healing.
    take care for now
    x

Marie
    Participant

Hi Valybobs. I’m not too bad today. I have a full body pamper, got stones message, facial and eyelash perm booked for 11a m. I had a bad pain week though and I have my preop in Tuesday 13th…. So that’s when I have my zoladex. I’m only having the one as it’s just to shut things down ready. I’m hoping it won’t be long enough to cause issues.

How are you feeling? I don’t thing the horrible weather can help us all. Lol I’m tired of wind, rain and snow. X

ShellyL

Hi Ladies.

How is everyone today? Can you believe we are almost in the 3rd month of the year already? So who is first up so far then? How is everyone feeling? Have you all been busy preparing? If you are anything like me your bag was packed weeks ago haha 😁

In all seriousness, I know this is a horrid thing to have to go through so I hope everyone is doing okay in the run up, and if not then this is the place to talk through any concerns.

I am currently sat having a quiet Sunday for once so thought I would pop on here and see if anyone was around that wanted to talk.

Take Care Ladies

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today