skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs March March 2019 part 3

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 103 total)
  • Author

juleskirk50

Hello ladies,

As requested here is the continuation for your March forum 🙂 !!

Bobs
    Participant

Thanks everyone, I don’t think I have cysts, but I guess it’s like my surgeon said, “we don’t know what we are dealing with until we get in there” – lovely! Hopefully when everything has shifted about a bit post op the weird pain will go.

Julie – I’m glad you are okay now and starting to recover xx

Bobs
    Participant

Can I check with you, do any of you struggle to post or are not receiving the daily emails? I’m wondering if it is because I’m using an iPhone xx

Jan0001
    Participant

Hi Bobs – I use an ipad and haven’t had any problems posting so far. However I don’t always get the emails when there are new posts but probably get notifications for about 80% of them.

Mabelblu
    Participant

All post op ladies. Week 2 seems difficult? I don’t know if I was expecting to be further forward or what it is. I haven’t had any real problems except for a UTI. But day 13 seems not much further forward to day 10? Any thoughts? I’m still on the same level of pain relief too. I haven’t been able to reduce. I’ve feel like I’m wading through treacle🤔

Jan0001
    Participant

Hi Mabelblu – in what way are you finding it difficult? Up until week 4 I felt very tired and low mood and generally a lack of energy and motivation to do very much. After showering I would have to sit down and have a little rest before dressing and spent most of my time pottering about the house or resting. I had so many plans to tidy draws, book a holiday, download some podcasts etc but didn’t do any of it. I think we probably underestimate the extent the op knocks you off kilter and how much time you need to recover from that. I am 5 weeks post op tomorrow and feel much more energised and back to more myself. The only problem then is you are more likely to overdo it – I tried some gentle exercises a couple of days ago and have had some pain since 🙁

I didn’t start reducing the pain relief until around week 3, but once I started reducing was off it altogether very quickly.

Mabelblu
    Participant

Hi jan,

Yes. Exactly that. Low energy and not able to sustain anything for long. Physical or mental. Thank you for the post it really helped. I can tell I’m making a little progress every day but it’s so small you can barely see it. I still very much need the afternoon nap 😴 which makes me laugh when I haven’t done anything. I don’t think the UTI has helped as it’s another lot of pills 💊 in my system. I just wanted to make sure that my journey was fairly typical. I do get quite low at times simply because I feel guilty that I can’t help my hubby and frustrated that I don’t want to do anything.. Although our family are all adults now we still have 9 and 10 year old adopted boys that are testing him!,,,I would say the mornings are the worst for me. Although I’m not in as much pain I think I’ve found week two quite tough.

Jan0001
    Participant

Feeling this way is typical and you will have days when you feel you are getting back to normal followed by a day when you need to rest, so it feels like a few steps forward and then a few steps back, but as you look back week by week you will see how your improving. It must be difficult and frustrating having young children, but in another 2 to 3 weeks you will feel much better.

Look after yourself x

Mabelblu
    Participant

Jan. thank you. I’m reassured because I definitely have some days when I feel stronger and others when I could literally rest all day. Glad you are feeling that you have more energy.❤️

Julie1965
    Participant

Hi all..Hope everyone is healing well,has anyone who had a TH,been suffering from insomnia?
    I am and its horrible.jx

Mabelblu
    Participant

Julie,

In the early days yes as it’s hard to get comfortable. I used to fall asleep,for a couple of hours and wake up for about three hours and then fall asleep again. Your less than a week aren’t you? Once the pain dies down a bit and you can lay more flat I think you will find it imrproves. I used to just lay and listen to music.

Couple of things though. I always took the stronger pain meds as late as 10pm so that they would help through the night. I would say if you’ve had your ovaries out and not on HRT that this would affect 😴. Try not to panic though as I think you will find it will improve.

Julie1965
    Participant

Mabelblu thanks for the reply,im the same fall over then wake up either soaked threw or hot from the inside,and a racing heart..id no idea the anxiety was going to be as bad either…Im exhausted but cant sleep..jx

Julie1965
    Participant

Im only on 400mg ibrufen 1 three times a day,thats what i was given,pain is only really there getting up and down off bed etc

im on day 8 now..jx

Bobs
    Participant

Julie did you have your ovaries out? This sounds like menopause symptoms to me. Did your gp / gyno give you HRT? Some ladies have to wait 6 weeks (post clothing risk) others are given it straight away. Xx

Bobs
    Participant

Typo ‘clotting’ risk

LouiseD1
    Participant

Hi Julie1965, agree it definitely sounds like menopause symptoms. I had my SAH at end November, suffered with interrupted sleep and hot flushes from few days after op. Waited to see if it would settle down (as had complications with wound infection etc) but it didn’t. The interrupted sleep and hours of being awake in the middle of the night are exhausting and definitely slowed up my recovery. Finally went to GP about 9 weeks and went on to HRT tablets. Transformed my life and my recovery within 10 days, sleeping through the night and not a single hot flush. Not to say I’m not still finding recovery hard with other aches and pains and general fatigue, but HRT definitely fixed the sleeping problems x

Mabelblu
    Participant

Julie,

Agreeing with bobs. If you are waking up with the sweats and feeling panicky, racing heart, sense of dread and it’s almost as you are coming out of sleep then that’s definitely what I experienced as surgical menopause. I had it from night two in the hospital and woke up in the mornings like it. Since the patches it has almost completely gone. I get the sweats a little still when the patch is due to be changed the following day. I am almost 50 but was still having regular periods even with the coil fitted so I guessed I was going to need HRT. If you have had your ovaries out then I’m almost sure that this is what you are experiencing and it’s really not nice..

Mabelblu
    Participant

And as I see Lousie has said the same too 😊

violetbloom
    Participant

Unfortunately, I spent Wednesday night in hospital. I started bleeding over 2-3 days then it became fairly heavy on Wednesday morning and thought it best to get it checked out. They found I had a small collection of blood in my pelvis. It was inaccessible for them to drain it so I’ve been sent home with antibiotics; it will drain naturally over a couple of weeks with the help of gravity. Lovely! Looking on the bright side, it was nothing serious.

Mabelblu
    Participant

That’s sounds horrible violetbloom. Glad they have found the cause and been able to give you something. ❤️….did it happen around day 8. Just interested as yesterday I thought something was starting with me but didn’t amount to anything…..I can’t trace the feed back so I don’t know when your op was. At least they took it seriously and got you in. Bet your glad to be back home 🏠 though 😁

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 103 total)
  • The topic ‘March 2019 part 3’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today