skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs March March 2019

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 323 total)
  • Author

juleskirk50

This is the list for anyone having their surgery in March xx

Ellis04 – 16th March TBC

Jeanetteh
    Participant

Jeanettehaig – 6th march

Ellis04
    Participant

Hey, me again! So sorry Jules, at this rate I think I’ll be on every monthly forum until the end of year!

Yes the 16th they said (told me over the phone). However I’ve yet to receive anything in writing so I’m not holding my breath, unfortunately.

Hi Jeanette, hope you’re doing okay and not in any pain whilst waiting for your op.

juleskirk50

Hello and welcome Jeanette,

Ellis – lols hopefully you’ll get your date confirmed soon 😄 and don’t apologise hopefully you’ll be done in March – fingers crossed 🤞 xx

Jeanetteh – 6th March
    Ellis04 – 16th March TBC

Jeanetteh
    Participant

Hello and thank you for the welcome.

I’m having hysterectomy and bilateral saplingo-oopsawhasit, (sorry keep forgetting what it’s called) for severe Pmdd. Been waiting since August last year.

Am in constant pain and just want it done but am so scared and nervous at the same time.
    Am praying it doesn’t get cancelled.

Ellis04
    Participant

Oh golly Jeanette, sorry to hear you’re having such pain, that’s awful. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that it doesn’t get cancelled. I’m having the same op as you. I have large cyst on one ovary and doc says because I’m (nearly) 54 yrs old (and not gone through menopause yet), that he’d take it all away(?)

Not too long to go for you now, try to keep imagining life after – with no pain! I shall be thinking of you.
    X

pinkjuls
    Participant

hi I am due in for my op on 4th March and very very nervous x

juleskirk50

Good evening ladies and welcome pinkjuls,

It’s completely normal to be nervous it’s a huge operation but hopefully we can help you get through the waiting which is always the worst part of this xx

Pinkjuls – 4th March
    Jeanetteh – 6th March
    Ellis04 – 16th March TBC
    Little T – 18th March

Little T
    Participant

Hi – I’m due to have my op 18th March. Im 42 so hoping to keep the ovaries and avoid menopause for a while.

I’ll be glad when its all over 🙂

Gillybobs
    Participant

Hi everyone, I am due to have a total hysterectomy with bso. My surgery date is 12th March. I am post menopause and had a heavy bleed 7 weeks ago. They found 1stage cancer. I am petrified. Reading posts on here have really helped. I have never had an operation and feel so nervous. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Ellis04
    Participant

Oh dear, so sorry to hear that Gillybobs, that’s quite something to have to deal with, in addition to the hysterectomy. This is a great site and there will be others on here who will know exactly what you’re going through and be able to share their experiences with you. Not too long to wait now. I have never had an operation either and I’m a little nervous too but from listening to these lovely ladies, I think most recover well and fairly swiftly. I will keep everything crossed for you. X

Gillybobs
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Ellis 04. Will let everyone know how I go on. Sending you and everyone a big hug and much love. It so makes you feel better knowing your not alone. I was on my own when I got my diagnosis. Awful. I have decided that this is out of my control and I have to just go with it.

juleskirk50

Pinkjuls – 4th March
    Jeanetteh – 6th March
    Gillybobs – 12th March
    Ellis04 – 16th March TBC
    Little T – 18th March

Hello and welcome gillybobs that is a lot to deal with I hope you have some support at home and of course we will help support you as much as we can – you’re right though it’s out of your control and that won’t stop you worrying but try not to worry too much ( if that’s possible ) xx

Ellis04
    Participant

Morning everyone, hope everyone’s good. Pinkjuls and Jeanetteh, I’m thinking of you and hope you’re all okay for next week.

Juleskirk, I’ve actually received confirmation of my date. I have pre-op on 11th and my op is on 16th.

juleskirk50

Pinkjuls – 4th March
    Jeanetteh – 6th March
    Gillybobs – 12th March
    Ellis04 – 16th March
    Little T – 18th March

Hello Ellis – 😎 finally got your confirmation I bet you’re glad –
    not too long to wait now xx

felicity
    Participant

Good luck March ladies x

I was a December TAH and BSO and straight on to hrt patches. Just popped back online to see how everyone doing, it’s all gone quiet which can only be good news. The forum is great for asking anything and everything. Honestly the waiting IS the worst part. Il! Be12 weeks on Monday and the time has flown past. You do need to be patient with recovery and keep having to remind myself that as 3 months is still early days but every week things get better. Having said that I started walking outdoors 3 days post op, so far in 2019 have walked 200miles. Can walk for miles but don’t like sitting in car for long, twisting or cleaning oven door 😁 Silly things cause swelly belly but you get used to it.

Make sure you have your peppermint tea and strong mints stocked up post op. Oh and prunes too…you will need them.

Xx

Bunny200
    Participant

Hi, I’m booked into have a TAH BSO and also having my omentum removed, which I’ve never heard of before, had to google to discover a new organ that I didn’t know I had but soon will not! I’m booked in for the 21st, they did ring me up on Thursday and ask if I wanted to take the cancellation available next Thursday but theres no way I’m mentally ready for that.
    I have an ovarian cyst that the dr wants to remove and he tried a couple of weeks ago via keyhole surgery to remove the ovary but when he got in he found that the bowels and ovaries were stuck together and it was too risky to attempt to detach things via keyhole so its major surgery instead.
    I’m ok about losing my reproductive organs, (45 with 2 teenage children) and I’m even ok about HRT afterwards but its the initial recovery phase that I’m afraid of. I had a c-section with 1 child and I don’t remember it being too traumatic even though it was an emergency one, I’m hoping it will be like that time. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

I went shopping this morning to get bits and pieces that I’d read would be helpful e.g.
    sleep mask
    ear plugs
    baby wipes,
    travel toiletries,
    windeze tablets,
    slippers,
    large pair of joggers
    maxi dress

Has anyone else started getting things together, what other bits are you getting? I’m not sure about whether to go for a nightie (which I haven’t worn since I was about 10!) or pyjamas! I’ve also started getting suggestions for Netfix/Prime series to watch!

Ellis04
    Participant

Oh well done Bunny200, you seem organised. I too went shopping yesterday for some bits and pieces but have yet to sort my bag out and think about it properly. Not sure where you are but M&S have some grey pyjamas/lounge type bottom and tops that are dead comfy, super soft and very ‘loose’ and shouldn’t bother any wounds too much. I don’t really like wearing nighties (though I do have one ready, just in case).

That’s a new on me too, not heard of an omentum before, will have to look that up! I agree, the first few days after the op is what concerning me too. I’ve also been thinking about what is the best thing to eat a couple of days before.

Your op is on my birthday!

Mitzi
    Participant

Hello March ladies
    I am a January girl (TAH with BSO on 3rd) so 8 weeks post and just popped over to offer a bit of support and offer some answers to your questions above. For hospital definitively pack a nightie as you are every likely to have a catheter in and PJs are trickier. Also you will be wearing those sexy anti-clotting stockings so your legs will be quite warm. A nightie is much easier to lift up to let nurses to dress wound. Once I was home I lived in PJs. I would add to your packing list: some very comfy large knickers (briefs rather than bikinis! and no lace). You will have a swollen belly and will be very glad not to have the knicker elastic digging into the tender incision site or lacy bits that catch on the stitches once the dressing is off.
    Also pack peppermint teabags or peppermint capsules as they will help with the wind. Dry shampoo might come in handy as you won’t be able to shower or wash hair in first few days. Lip salve was a god send too as the air is dry. Also handy is a dressing gown as they encourage you to walk and I frequently went for little short walks up and down the ward. Make sure you have some comfy clothes to go home in which can accommodate a large and tender belly.
    with regards to my diet before the op I cut out all booze 48 hrs before and had light meals with plenty of veg, fruit , fibre and protein in the 2 days before. I also did not touch alcohol for 20 days after (did not fancy it anyway) and made sure I ate lots of healthy nourishing food and drank at least 2 litres of water a day. I think it helped me get the effects the anaesthetic out of my system quickly.
    Yes you will have to be patient, become dust blind and accept graciously all offers of help (I am normally very independent and a get up and go girl so this was not easy) but believe me it is not as bad as you imagine. Wishing you all March ladies gentle landings on the done couch and please feel free to ask anything else.
    Mitzi x

Ellis04
    Participant

Thanks for info Mitzi, that’s really helpful. I may struggle with not being able to shower though unfortunately. If I don’t wash my hair in the mornings I look like I’ve stuck my finger in an electric socket- I fear I may put the fear of god into any other ladies I wake up with in the ward!

Good luck tomorrow Pinkjuls.
    Xxx

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 323 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today