skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs March March 2019

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 360 total)
  • Author

Gillybobs
    Participant

Me too bobs. We all need to keep in touch and let everyone know how we all are. This site as helped me so much. Such lovely ladies. Women power he he x

Pudsey62
    Participant

I’ve had the giggles a few times already. I got rather tangled with my surgical stockings one day when the cat tried to help me take them off. And once I started to feel better, OH would come into the room, stand at a safe distance and announce “time for Walkies” !
    I knew I was on the mend when he stopped treating me with kid gloves and we started our usual gentle squabbling. And when he stopped standing next to me, looking as if he expected me to fall over any moment and he would have to catch me. As if…….

Bobs
    Participant

Definitely, I hope they don’t close this link off. Maybe the moderator can let us know?

I’ve not even had my op yet but I can honestly tell you that all you ladies have given me the reassurance and help that I needed to definitely go through with this. I am scared about it but not stark raving terrified like I was a month ago. I am someone who likes to plan and prepare both mentally and physically (in case you hadn’t noticed) so the help you have all given me has been totally invaluable. I feel much calmer, which helps me sleep better.

Plus I then know that afterwards you are all here with some morale support and advice, albeit virtually. Hubby is an amazing man and I’m so lucky that I have someone to help with the practical and emotional support, but you guys are also a really important part of it too. I feel a bit emotional now!

Xx

aimsbedford
    Participant

Thanks ladies for all the advice.

Pudsey62 – thanks for the yoga / exercise links, will take a look.

I am enjoying the time off, OH is slightly worried as I’ve now got 8 weeks and we have lots of jobs around the house, I’m getting quotes for lots of things – this time at home could prove expensive!!!

Good luck to all you other March ladies – everything will be just fine.

xx

Gillybobs
    Participant

Ha ha Pudsey, I laugh with my catheter, have an extension one at night. When I go for a walk it drags on the floor making a swooshing sound. Like Marley from Christmas carol. Ha ha.

Gillybobs
    Participant

Bobs, you will be fine. Me too like you it’s helped me soooooo much. It’s funny how we don’t really know each other but get so much comfort. My friends in my iPad he he. Sending hugs to you all. Xx

Cjenkins
    Participant

Good luck for tomorrow x

juleskirk50

Hi ladies just a reminder that the forum automatically closes after around 100 replies but don’t worry we can always start another one so you’ll all still be able to keep in touch xx

Ellis04
    Participant

I’ve just had a giggle reading today’s posts! Golly we have a busy week with ops this week, don’t we, good luck everyone and hope you all have a lovely soft landing on the couch!

Thanks for all the lovely comments about my op that didn’t happen, hopefully I’ll have some good news this week.

Xxx

Jan0001
    Participant

Good luck for tomorrow Little T, Mimi and Violet bloom. Hope you have a soft landing on the couch. Just remember post op – it’s just short term pain for long term gain 😃

Mimi73
    Participant

Thank you so much for all the encouragement and kind words.
    Xx

Gillybobs
    Participant

Can I ask a question to the ladies that are on the done couch. Sorry, to be blunt but does anyone have a bit of a smell down below. I shower and washed it twice to day. It’s hard though with my catheter. It’s not such a fowl smell but a bit smelly. Would appreciate your comments. Thanks lovely ladies.x

Pudsey62
    Participant

Hi Gillybobs. I was a bit paranoid about washing down there regularly as well, and used one of the intimate wash creams as they are gentler. I was told that if any discharge became a bit smelly to contact my GP, but I don’t know how the catheter might affect things. I’d give them a call just in case.
    Hugs x

Carole
    Participant

Hi Gillybobs, this is your first week after your op, isn’t it? I came home after a week, and I remember that when I went to the loo I was reminded of the smell that I had in the hospital. It wasn’t particularly unpleasant, just different from before. I think it lasted another couple of days. But I would echo Pudsey62, if it becomes unpleasant or there’s a discharge with it, get it checked x

Gillybobs
    Participant

Thanks Pudsey will ring in the morning. It’s gone a bit sore to. Have a few stitches there as well. X

Gillybobs
    Participant

Thanks for that Carole. I’m on day 5 post op. Think I will ring to be on safe side. X

Jan0001
    Participant

Hi Gillybobs – I am having a bit of discharge but it’s not smelling. I use Femiwash to keep the ph balance but not sure if it is actually effective. It could easily be linked to your catheter so as the other ladies suggest I would ring your GP to put your mind at rest. Big Hugs xx

Gillybobs
    Participant

Thanks Jan0001, going to get in shower and wash their best I can. Doesn’t seem as bad this morning. Glad when catheter out. You take care xx

violetbloom
    Participant

Hi ladies, unfortunately my op was cancelled. I was sat there in my gown and surgical stockings, I’d seen my gynaecologist and the anaesthetist and had all my pre-op checks. Then the Gynaecology coordinator came to see me; apparently I had been booked on the correct theatre list but someone had managed to book my post-op bed for NEXT YEAR! There were no other free beds. My gynaecologist has insisted that they find me a space for next week so I’m waiting for a call. What a waste of a theatre booking!

Jan0001
    Participant

Oh no 🤦‍♀️ what an awful thing to happen. To get to that stage and then to be told it’s not going ahead is so disappointing for you. As you will see from others post on here it’s not uncommon for it to happen. Fingers crossed you get in next week. Big hugs xx

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 360 total)
  • The topic ‘March 2019’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today