skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs May May 2018

• This topic contains 54 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Mnw 2 months ago.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Author

juleskirk50

Morning ladies and sorry I’ve not been keeping up with you all been having massive broadband problems but it seems to be working for now 😀😂

I HOPE YOU ARE ALL ENJOYING SOME ☀️ TODAY XX

juleskirk50

Good afternoon ladies I hope Katie, jenlea and sj38 are recovering well xx

Sarahmee good luck for tomorrow – at the moment you are the last of the May ladies ( it’s a very short list 😀😮) I hope you land gently and we look forward to hearing from you when you can – try to have a relaxing evening xx

Katie72 – 1st May – On Done Couch
    Jenlea – 3rd May – On Done Couch
    Sj38 – 3rd May – On Done Couch
    Sarahmee – 11th May

sarahmee
    Participant

Thank you! I was done at 8 am n back on the ward by 11. The surgery went well. The surgeon took a photo of the womb n massive fibroid and says I can have a copy! Not out of bed yet since had a spinal as well as GA but hopefully when catheter out n legs are working the morning I will be up! Not at all tired do logging on at 2.30am! Hope everyone else is going well. I’ve eaten some soup and pain isn’t too bad. Gas pains startling at times though- around the wound particularly. Onwards n upwards! Thanks for message xx

juleskirk50

Good morning sarahmee,

Good to hear you’re doing well – keep drinking plenty water and move around as much as you are able this will help the wind pains and peppermint oil with warm water helps or peppermint tea/capsules – hope you get home soon xx

Jenlea
    Participant

Hi all! Well my op was done on the 3rd but I’ve had nothing but problems since when they were intubating me they nicked my veneer tooth off so I was unable to eat for a week till they let me home to have it fixed I also picked up oral thrush and another infection in hospital and my bowels weren’t open for 11 days so it’s been mad but I finally got home 4 days after my op but last night I got brought back in I’ve got an infection so on Iv antibiotics and I’m having an emergency ct scan as they think I have a hematoma were my womb was this is what I’m worried about anyone had one before and knows what happens I’m so scared I will have to have another op wich I really don’t want xxx

sarahmee
    Participant

Oh Jenlea- sorry to hear this. I hope things start to improve. I had the drain out today n showered n dressed. I’m home tomorrow n so looking forward to it. Haven’t opened bowels yet but pepperminting to the max so fingers crossed. Back for stitches out Friday. Feeling very strong today but quick to tire too when doing stairs with physio. Love n strength to you in recovery to Jenlea xx

Katie 72
    Participant

Hi all,
    So, not been posting as ended up back in hospital last week with obstructed bowel. Vomited for 12 hours, then couldn’t really move at which point hubby called an ambulance. Then had 3 days in hospital with nasogastric tube, everything iv & resting my stomach. All pretty unpleasant, especially being sick & unable to keep any painkillers down for my poor sore tummy. Drs think is effective of surgery & inflammation, apparently is unusual with laparoscopy & I’m unlucky!

Jenlea, hope all is working out for you. You have my real sympathy, it’s really scary when it doesn’t go to plan & makes you feel so vulnerable.

Sarahmee hope you’ve made it home in one piece, we need someone from May to do well, I think!

Hopeful11
    Participant

Hi
    I am so sorry that two of you have had complications and back in hospital .You both have been through so much. I so hope you are over the worse and recovery starts to happy quickly.
    Cx

Ixil19
    Participant

@jenlea, not a very warm welcome to the done couch! So sorry for all you’ve been through. I have not experienced a hematoma in that location. They did accidentally knick my bowels during surgery and caused a hematoma there which luckily enough they have monitored and I seem to be doing just fine. My total hysterectomy with salpingectomy and left ovary was done on April 20. I do hope your hematoma goes away on its own, but it sounds like they are monitoring closely which is good and will do the best thing to keep you healthy.
    @katie 72, hang in there, sounds like you’ve also had a rough go. Hopefully things go well from here on out!
    @sarahmee, love your positive vibe, keep it up! I’ve found the recovery to be a bit of a roller coaster, having the April ladies has kept me sane.
    Ladies I know your May group is small, but the April ladies are still around and are here for you!
    Hugs to all,
    Alicia

Katie 72
    Participant

Thanks hopeful11 and Alicia, feeling bit pathetic, sore and weepy this evening so nice to see your messages and feel bit less alone. Sure will bounce back to my usual self soon, just having a little pity party! Katie xx

Hopeful11
    Participant

Katie please be kind to yourself and don’t beat yourself up for crying. You and your body have been through so much,and to find yourself helpless and in pain is such a shock. I had great goals set up for when I came out of hospital .first trip downstairs ,trip to shops etc . My first goal ended up being have a day i didn”t cry 🙈😂. I achieved that first goal after 5 days , and I have achieved all the others too slowly.
    Trust that it will get better but it will be slow the kinder you are to yourself and allow your body enough rest to heal the less difficult recovery will be.
    Hang in there a day at a time.xc

Ixil19
    Participant

@katie72, hang in there, you are anything but pathetic, you have just undergone a major surgery and had an unfair amount of complications to boot! I think some of us (maybe just me) went into this surgery thinking we’d come out the other side kicking ass and taking names in a month, but that is just not the case, this surgery has brought me to my knees. But, it has also given me the time to really listen to my body, maybe something I need to do long before now. As hopeful11, says, your goals change, mine was being able to get myself in and out of the recliner without my oh or son dropping the foot rest for me! Seems so easyy, but took me two weeks to do!
    How can we not be emotional? Let yourself have that cry, and be good to yourself! We are here and are walking right along side you, maybe just a couple weeks ahead! Baby steps first, you’ll get there!
    Hugs,
    Alicia

Natalie Griffiths
    Participant

Hello lovely ladies
    Can I please join your May group .
    I had a totally abdominal hysterectomy on the 2nd of May so currently on day 13. Wish that I had found this site prior to my op , there seems to be a lot of support. X

Natalie Griffiths
    Participant

Hi Jenlea

Sorry I read that you have had some problems , I do hope that you are on the mend . I wish I had joined this group earlier has sometimes you don’t know what’s right or wrong / what you should be doing / what’s normal etc hopefully we can all gain some support and help to each other . I had a full abdominal hysterectomy on the 2nd of May , fortunately to date I have not experienced the problems that you have , bless you but just today I have sharp cutting pains in my tummy and the scar feels rather hot , do you mind me asking how you know that you had an infection has I am beginning to think that I may be starting with one . Really hope things are in the up for you . Natalie x

Hopeful11
    Participant

Hi jenlea,
    Asking questions like that is exactly what we are here for . My experience is that I’m feeling different things on different days that includes around my scars .I had key hole then abdominal .the stomach one causes me the most issues as its tucked under a roll of fat 🙈🤪.a nurse said about folding up kitchen roll and tucking it in there after showering to make sure it’s dry. I’ve read about infection sites having s smell and being very angry red .
    I’m sure other April group members will give you some advice .if you are still worried then see a nurse or your gp better safe than sorry .
    Take care your doing great and not alone.we are all stuggling to get the this and we will.
    Cx

sarahmee
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I am sorry to hear Jenlea and Katie72 suffering complications like this- really hope things are going more according to plan now. Very much thinking of you.
    I have breath taking burning pains in my wound when I’m doing the stairs too much or getting up from sitting and I feel so very slugged when I wake up from sleep- takes ages to get going like I’m on a lot more than paracetamol and ibuprofen. Showering is exhausting but worth it!
    Got home fine Monday and rested a lot then made mistake of watching football playoffs in evening (OH went to the match and kids looked after me!). Almost bust stitches holding back shouting at the telly! Yesterday I got on the lounger in the garden and that was lovely but after that and a shower I was back to bed sleeping all afternoon! Had a 5 bean chilli a friend dropped off last night and it was just what I needed- although I swore under my breath as it happened my bowels have worked for the first time properly since the op…. today I’m feeling shattered and headachey. Dogs are on the bed which feels very healing (they ran in as kids were saying bye leaving for school and I managed to get my big cushion over my tummy just in time). Bladder capacity massively improved I have noticed so that a big plus already not feeling panicky I need the loo and can’t make it.
    Wishing everyone well and I am so glad to find this site right now. Everyone else in my life must be so bored of hysterctomy talk but I know you all get that this is just where we are at right now- and that it’s not forever!! Happy Wednesday everyone and hope it brings healing steps forward for you all XXX

juleskirk50

Good afternoon ladies and welcome Natalie,

I’m sorry some of you have had some complications but hopefully things are improving for you all xx

I think if your scar feels hot or is inflamed / red or you feel unwell it could well be the start of an infection and if you are at all worried it’s always best to get checked even just for your own peace of mind. Hopefully all is well xx

A tip is to use a hairdryer on a very low setting to dry your scar I know it sounds mad but many of the ladies on here say it works a treat !! Xx

Hope you are all having a better day today – small steps each day – you’ll all get there 😄

Katie72 – 1st May – On Done Couch
    Natalie – 2nd May – On Done Couch
    Jenlea – 3rd May – On Done Couch
    Sj38 – 3rd May – On Done Couch
    Sarahmee – 11th May – On Done Couch

Katie 72
    Participant

Hi Natalie,
    welcome to the group. Hope you’ve had your scar checked out and been reassured by now.

Hi Sarahmee,
    Glad you’re home ok. Agree dogs very good therapy; my little terrier x has been squashed up next to me giving me the sad eyes for days and hasn’t jumped on my sore bits once! Your 5 bean chilli made me chuckle, who’d have thought going to the loo would be such an event?! Think feeling exhausted is just part of it, had 2 naps yesterday & 3 day before just going with it as feel rubbish if don’t. Think our bodies tell us what they need, Alicia is right.

Feeling better in general, bit up & down but can eat now without bloating like a pufferfish so def improvement. Managed a short, slow walk with my dog, first time out on my own in 2 weeks!

Haven’t seen any posts from Sj38? Hoping you are ok xx

Natalie Griffiths
    Participant

Hi Katie and all of the other lovely May ladies

Thank you for your messages

I had my scar checked out thank you , luckily it was not an infection I have pulled my internal stitches , think I hand maybe done a little bit too much , 😌.

How are you all feeling ? I am still feel unsure has to how I should feel .

When friends have been to seen me they say how well i look and they expect me to be shuffling around and almost bent over holding my tummy , yes this was maybe the case during the first week but not now , i am finding the emotional side quite hard having gone from being a bit of a workaholic to now being at home and wondering what time my partner will be home ( this never used to be an issue before my op ) I have suddenly become needy both emotionally and physically !! What’s happened ?

Does anyone feel they have already gone into surgical menopause ? Is the something that starts straight away ? Maybe that is why I am emotional . Has anyone experienced symptoms 3 weeks in ? I was also told that I could not start HRT until 6 weeks in has anyone else been told this too ?

Would love to hear from you and also about any experiences from the May group .

Natalie xx

Valybobs
    Participant

Hi Natalie

Yes I definitely got menopausal symptoms 3 weeks in – I had to have injections to stop my own hormones (to stop my hideous symptoms) a few months before the operation (in April 18) My mood hit rock bottom, I had hot flushes and I saw my GP to start HRT. Immediately after my operation I spoke to my GP and was changed onto oestrogen only HRT. I feel like myself again, got a sense of humour, and no black mood. I’m not sure why you would have been told you need to wait 6 weeks unless it was to do with the type of operation or reason you had it?
    As for feeling emotional and needy, I think that’s a completely natural response to a major physical trauma! I certainly had to rely on my partner a lot for the first few weeks and like you was awaiting his return like a child!!

All the very best
    Valerie

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today