skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs May May 2019

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 101 total)
  • Author

CBX
    Participant

Hello
    Anyone having surgery MAY 2019?

juleskirk50

Hello cbx – I don’t think we don’t have anyone yet for May but hopefully someone will join you soon 😀xx

CBX
    Participant

Many thanks Jules x

Mabelblu
    Participant

CBX if you go to the April forum there are a couple of ladies who are either just on done couch or having the op in the next few days . You will enjoy chatting to them whilst waiting for a May list to come out? Xx Welcome to you….. I had my op 22nd March x😎. You will find the forums really helpful.

CBX
    Participant

Hiya Mabelblu, thanks ever so much for your welcome & advice. I do hope you’re having a good recovery xx

Mabelblu
    Participant

I’m doing okay. …slow but sure. A little like a 🐌🤣🤣

CBX
    Participant

Slow & steady wins the race as they say Mabelblu xx

Mabelblu
    Participant

Yep….tortoise…..that’s my new name.😂

Kanga
    Participant

Hi folks – just saying hello in anticipation for May 😊
    I’m 5 days post op and experiencing the frustration of feeling in far less pain than before operation, but also unable to celebrate just yet 😂

CBX
    Participant

Hi Kanga, great to hear you’re in far less pain after your op. Hope you’re getting lots of rest & TLC xx

Kanga
    Participant

Thanks CBX 😊

A question to kick off May – anyone else get a bit light headed with exercise? Either walking or just busy pottering at home?
    I’m wondering whether it’s just me… I’ve come off a lot of painkillers so it might be that, or maybe just a post op thing, or maybe I’m moving more than I have for a while…

Mabelblu
    Participant

Kanga,

I would say at your early stage yes I was a bit lightheaded. It helped to dictate how much to do….obvi it could be low blood pressure but I’m thinking it’s just likely to be post op weakness. Take it slow x

AJD
    Participant

Had mine 4 days ago …what date are you CBX? Thinking of you xx

CBX
    Participant

Hi AJD
    Lucky you “on the couch” I hope it all went as expected. How you feeling 4 days post op???

Mabelblu kindly pointed out the April group, so I’ve been having a read & I t’s great to read the positive experiences.

I’m 23 days and counting & the 24th can’t come soon enough!

My “shopping list” is getting bigger by the day with all the great group suggestions & I love any excuse to shop, so it’s win-win 🤗

CBX
    Participant

Oops… “menopause-itis” brain!… meant I’m having op on 24th and not 24 days post op!

Bobs
    Participant

Hi CBX, I had a total laproscopic retaining ovaries on 23 April and recovering well. I know this anticipation period is the worst stage for you so hope you are doing okay.

Feel free to join us on April 2019 Part 3 so that we can all support you until your May gang builds up. Between us we have seen it, done it and got the tshirt so I’m sure we can help with and queries or reassurance you may need. Xx

Bobs
    Participant

Typo ‘any queries’ x

AJD
    Participant

Hi CBX x I came out of hospital less than 24 hours after the op … mostly doing ok I think. I’m off painkillers and apart from feeling pretty delicate, I’m moving around quite well.

If I have only one piece of advice … don’t let the hospital fob you off without giving you some kind of laxative that you can start taking quite quickly after your op. They wouldn’t give me anything, so I did try an over the counter which really wasn’t strong enough – luckily my sister in law had some spare sachets that you mix with water – but it was all quite distressing and really the last thing you need.

Pleased you have been following the monthly updates … it’s amazing … so much information and help on there.

Take care and wishing you all the best.
    xx

Kanga
    Participant

Hi folks, lovely start to the day here again 😊

Had little sleep last night. My dear husband woke me up 4 times as I was falling asleep, and unfortunately that was enough to end up wide awake. I was awake for about 4 hours, and I’ve had a broken 4 hours sleep.

Fortunately, hubby slept through it all – I can sleep during the day if I need to, and he has to go to work 😊

So, googling insomnia and menopause and it is definitely a thing, and magnesium helps. I’m pondering how to make best use of this info – has anyone else increased their magnesium intake? I’d love to know.

Best wishes to everyone xx

Kanga
    Participant

I’m feeling really sore and bruised today… 😐

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 101 total)
  • The topic ‘May 2019’ is closed to new replies.

Register to Become a Member Today