skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs January Mini Period?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ali
    Participant

Hello, I had my subtotal abdominal op on 30th Jan this year (for a large fibroid and heavy periods) and have been absolutely amazed at how well my recovery has been. Until last week when I started getting sore ‘boobs’ and then on Sun I started getting light bleeding which I’m still getting now. Before I had my op I used to get sore boobs after ovulation and then spotting for about 5 days before my period began,(which used to be incredibly heavy due to the fibroid). I am 6 weeks post op today and feeling very low with the hormones and bleeding. I saw my consultant on Mon, who agreed it probably is a mini period and other than that seemed happy with my progress and said I can pretty much return to normal activities. He said if I continued to bleed at other times it could be this other condition that could be treated(not cancer) but I can’t remember the name he used. Has anyone else had anything similar?

Florisha
    Participant

Hi Ali
    I’m 25th day post op–total hysterectomy due to fibroids, endometriosis and cyst. I was bleeding–not much for about 8 days after the operation then the bleeding stopped for 3 days, then continued from day 12 post op. I went to see the doc but he said that it’s completely normal… The inside stitches are still in the process of blending with the flesh and it may take up to 80 days for healing. Until today (day 25) I’ve still got blood spots. I also read from other sources saying that the bleeding could take days or weeks which is normal as long as its not as heavy as our menstruation. I still feel pain inside my tummy even though the outer stitches are recovering. I also feel sore boobs but not sure if it’s because of the hysterectomy effects. I don’t feel any lumps surrounding the boobs areas. I also felt hot flashes around my chest for several days after 8 days of the hysterectomy but that hasn’t happened again since the last seven days or so. I wondered if anyone else has also experienced all this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today