skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs April New member April op

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lea-Anne
    Participant

Hi, all very new to this, I had my abdominal radical hysterectomy done on the 27th April and have been home for 4 days. My mood has been up and down? I am sure this normal, as has my pain. I am not usually an open person but feel I need to connect with others going through what I am at the moment. I obviously knew I was having the hysterectomy due to stage 1 cervical cancer, but until I actually came round in recovery did it hit me that ‘yes I have got cancer and the hysterectomy has become real’. This is such a rollercoaster ride it would be great to connect to others who are learning how to cope with the hysterectomy, and know I am not alone. This morning I got up my tummy was fine, next thing it’s bloated, what is all that about? Is that part of the menopause kicking in?

Lea-Anne

juleskirk50

Hello Lea-Anne,

Welcome to the forum I suggest you pop over to the April group and chat with the wonderful ladies there – they have all had their surgery around the same time as you and can identify with how you’re feeling. The bloated tummy ( or swelly belly as it’s affectionately known ) is a side effect of surgery and usually is worse in the evening especially if you’ve been doing too much – it does eventually settle down though it’s just our bodies way of saying it needs some rest !! You are definitely not alone as everyone on this site has been through similar and also have had a similar diagnosis as you. I hope your recovery continues to go well – any questions just ask and someone will be able to help you xx

LindaPH

H iLea-Anne and welcome, and it is perfectly normal to feel the way you do – there will be up days and down days and the best thing you can do is go along for the ride, knowing that tomorrow it will be different again. The best way to think of the bloating around the tummy is that it’s a bit like a swollen ankle, every day it swells as you hobble around on it, but each day it’s swelling a little bit less. It just takes time to go down completely. In the meantime, you’re amongst friends. Linda x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today