skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs April New Member – Scared

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

AJD
    Participant

Hi … been searching for a hysterectomy forum and this one seems so friendly and supportive .

I’ve been booked for total hysterectomy and possible upper vaginectomy on the 27th following CIN3 results. Had lletz (January) and cone biopsy (March) but still no clear margin.

I’ve got myself into a terrible state. I lost my mum suddenly in January but managed to hold it together for the first two procedures but now I don’t feel like I’m coping very well and I haven’t even had the hysterectomy yet!

They are going to try keyhole surgery and from what I can see – I should only be in hospital for one night – I’ve only ever been in hospital for day surgery, so for some reason that’s making me really anxious too.

Just wondered if anyone had any words of wisdom to help me calm down.

Thank you
    xx

AmandaJD
    Participant

You poor thing, it sounds like you’ve had a really rough year so far. I’m also getting quite anxious with less than 2 weeks to go. I’ve been trying to keep busy making sure I’m as organised as possible for the recovery period. When the panic sets in I try to take some deep breaths and remember why I’m having this done, and focus on all the things that will be better afterwards.

There is a lot of support on here, and some very positive recovery stories too. If you have any specific questions ask on the April page and I’m sure someone there will be able to help you xx

AJD
    Participant

Thank you for your reply and good advice xx Really appreciate it.

The build up is horrible but it’s actually really reassuring to be with others going through the same thing – looks like we’ll be around the same time then.

Wishing you all the very best and thank you once again.

Take care
    x

Cjenkins
    Participant

Hi both. I’m a mech lady. 21 days post op. Had full hysterectomy with vertical incision. I can honestly say the run up is the worse of the whole procedure. There was no one more anxious than me. Kept having panic attack’s. Right up until the time I was actually being anesthetised. I had to ask them for a minute! But honestly not as bad as you imagine. Any questions please feel free to ask. X

AJD
    Participant

Thank you so much for your reply x How are you feeling now?

xx

Cathmath1
    Participant

I’m 4 months post op and I too was worried. The worst thing was the cannula going into my wrist. Felt grim afterwards but was up and about after a few days, admittedly shuffling around, but a few weeks afterwards I was beginning to recover well. I now feel so much better and am back at work. Look after yourselves and don’t expect too much too soon. Be kind to yourselves and you will recover quicker.

Cathmath1
    Participant

Oh- and don’t forget to take some lactulose as the constipation was horrible to deal with for a few days afterwards!

Cjenkins
    Participant

AJD getting there slowly. I can honestly say I didn’t think it would be this slow or difficult. In the sense you don’t realise what you use your stomach muscles for until you can’t use them eg getting up and down off chiar, turning over in bed. Accept all offers of help , take time and listen to your body x

AJD
    Participant

Thank you so much for your replies x

Cathmath1 – so pleased that you are recovering so well and thank you for an idea of what to expect and the lactulose tip! On top of my shopping list.

Cjenkins – yes this is one of my worries – I do everything at 90mph and know I’ll find this really difficult. I think the only person who will be pleased is my husband who continually complains that he can’t keep up with me! He’ll probably start complaining that I’m too slow!

Off to pre-assessment this morning … maybe they’ll say it’s all been a big mistake and my biopsy results were actually clear !?!?!?

Take care and hugs to you both
    xx

Bobs
    Participant

AJD – I’ve only just seen this post. I had CIN2 which lasted about 5 years and then just went of its own accord but the stress during that time was horrific so I totally sympathise. We are having our laproscopic ops in the same week so can do this together with the other lovely ladies. I think a couple of the other ladies also have some cancer risks so so you may wish to share this on the April forum too so that you can get some support from them.

I can’t begin to imagine what it must be like to lose your mum during this stressful time. You can chat with us about anything so if it helps to talk about this too then please do. xx

AJD
    Participant

Thank you Bobs for your lovely message. xx It’s so good to be able to talk and share with people who really understand.

I got blocked out yesterday for some reason so couldn’t post – I’m hoping it’s a one off because this seems to be the one place that keeps me sane !

Take care … and thank you.
    xx

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today