skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ganoush

Hello

I hope that you can all help me as I’m not sure what the best way forward is… I’ve had endo for 10 years. Luckily in this time was successful with IVF and in August last year had my uterus and cervix removed and told I had severe adenomyosis. In August there was no endo on my ovaries but in past ops I’ve had a tube and appendix removed due to it. Having been in pain I’ve just discovered I have endo on both ovaries. Now I have a dilemma: have endo removed from both ovaries, have one ovary removed together and treat endo on best surviving ovary or have both ovaries removed. I’m 40 and my worry is that hrt (oestrogen only) will cause regrowth. Any thoughts on what the best option is please?

Thank you in advance for your help. X

sbar175

Ganoush I’m sorry about what you have gone through and not sure I can help . I was told by my consultant I ” had” to take HRT . i have had a full hysterectomy in Nov – started HRT in Dec and stopped it in Jan as I didnt feel it agreed with me. I too had endo and adenomyosis ( which they didnt know until the Op ! ) and was not only concerned about regrowth but also the connection to a potential occurrence of breast cancer ( asp as Mum has had it recently) I was told ” you wont get breast cancer” …… They are right I probably wont but a few days ago I went for a check up as I thought I had nipple eczema and now after a mammogram I apparently need a biopsy on dark spots and have discharge from both breasts . The HRT I KNOW wasnt connected to this — but what I suppose I am trying to say is I still reckon on any HRT drug we are individuals and some dont work as well on one person as they do on another …. I am a few years older than you but all Medical bods seem to have this benchmark of 50 in their minds and books as to the need for HRT regardless of the “maybe” side effect of endo regrowth

What I have said is probably quite waffly but I think the bottom line is to put all your concerns to your gp / consultant and decide if the possibility of regrowth outweighs the potential pain free life?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today