skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs July Operation on 2nd July. New to this website

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Stephanie Head
    Participant

Hi. I’m Steph, 66 yrs young and am new to this website and forum. I am having a hysterectomy on 2nd July and realise how little I know about the operation I will be having. the checklist on questions to ask is really useful and is a good prompt. I am an active person, just got back into running a year ago and it is dawning on me that I can put my running shoes away for a while.
    Not sure how to upload photos on my profile or what to write in it.
    I know that this forum and site will really help me as the date gets nearer. My husband needs some ‘gentle’ education in supporting women who have had the op. Is there a leaflet for partners?

pippa
    Participant

Hi stephanie head
    I haven’t seen any info for partners i found it hard enough finding information for myself then I found this site and that goodness i did!
    My husband was brilliant he done absolutely everything for the 1st couple of weeks along with my parents i also made a decision not to see any visitors for the 1st 2/3 weeks so i could just be quiet and mend even after that i found once friends/ family had gone even after a short visit i was totally exhausted? So let your husband do as much as he can best wishes for your future op x

Stephanie Head
    Participant

Thanks for this Pippa. Good advice. I will tell my husband. Op has been postponed until 16th July as list was cancelled ( I hear that this is often the case) Had my pre-op assessment yesterday in case there is a cancellation and advised that I could be sent home the same fay of the laparoscopic hysterectomy is performed – not sure I want that. Would prefer to have my first night in hospital.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today