skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs November Ouch….. again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

vickieboo
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Day 17 following LVH and BSO (with lots of adhesions) and pain has increased especially in back and groins. Admittedly I have stopped the codeine but was initially ok. Waterworks and bowels ok and still taking it easy, I’ve pinned lots on Pinterest, journalled and watched 8 series of Doc Martin!!! Very good, never watched before. Still having heartburn on and off.

Has anyone else found pain returning?

Keep smiling ladies!

Vickie.

Lovenun
    Participant

Hi Vickieboo

14 days post op for me. I have days where I feel uncomfortable but since leaving hospital I have only been taking Ibuprofen. I did have a couple of days where my entire body ached, like after a bout of flu, which was just weird!

Currently my mind is dwelling on the feeling of having a tampon in. Hopefully it’s the vaginal stitches healing but while relaxing for most of the day your mind wanders and decides all manner of things have gone awry!

TV box sets are the way to go, although I do seem to fall asleep at episode 3 of whatever I put on and then wake up during episode 5….

Hope your pain levels out soon

Kerry xxx

vickieboo
    Participant

Hi Kerry,

It’s mad isn’t it! Today I’ve taken one lot of paracetamol and I’m fine but on the other hand I could sleep for England!!
    Well, at least it’s never boring.
    Hope you make it through episode 3!

Vickie xx

RubyCat
    Participant

Hi both,

Glad you are doing ok and gradually improving. I’m 27 days po now and the last week has been a bit of a challenge. I was feeling pretty good at three weeks so did some Christmas shopping and had a couple of days back at work. Then I wan shattered and totally hit the wall emotionally. I spent the weekend very weepy and tired and sore.

I’m feeling a bit better today, I’ve been to work and coped, but definitely having a rest day tomorrow.

I guess I’m just posting to say take your time, don’t rush back to everything. I thought I was doing well, but turns out I’m not back to full speed yet.

Also, anyone else hit weepy stage? Is it a thing? I still have ovaries but feel totally overwhelmed and a bit traumatised and I hadn’t felt that at all until the weekend.

Take care

Ruby x

vickieboo
    Participant

Hello!

I am more weepy, I sobbed at Elf this afternoon, much to the initial panic then amusement to my husband as Buddy saved Christmas!! I had my ovaries removed but as I said to my boss, due to being overweight I think I will have a good amount of stored oestrogen to work through!!

I’m signed off for 6 weeks (the length of time I’m on enoxaparin for) and my Consultant follow up is 2 weeks after that so will probably aim to go back to work then. My boss is very understanding and is adamant that I don’t go back too quickly, probably helps that it is a health related job so my boss has good understanding.

I think I am harder on myself than anyone else. My operation was laparoscopic and robotic, the internet (I know I shouldn’t Dr. Google!) is very in favour that this approach has a quick recovery. I know logically I wasn’t the fittest person to being with, my ferritin was low and I am now anaemic plus I was in theatre for nearly 3 hours due to adhesions but …

Anyway, here’s to continued recovery and rest days,

Vickie.

RubyCat
    Participant

Hi Vickie,

Yes, I had laparoscopic, which I think is good. Signed off for six weeks too. I’m a lecturer though and my work is not very physical at all so I thought I’d be ok. Turns out just the mental capacity of work and the stress of catching up with what I’ve missed is pretty draining.

I’m on enoxaparin (Clexane injections) too and was signed off for six weeks. I do regret going back too early, back to feeling tired, sore and weepy today. Agh. Take care.

Ruby x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today