skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Cjenkins
    Participant

I know question maybe a bit personal but as anyone who is overweight and has a high bmi had a vertical cut hysterectomy? I’m in the obese catagory and have been told I’m more at risk? Which is worrying me even more. Just wondered if you are and how was your experience? Thanks

Jlo
    Participant

Hi I had a hysterectomy last Sept , I had a horizontal cut. I am overweight and was told that my weight was a issue. I had my op at 2.00pm on a Wed back on the ward at 5.30 and home 2 days later on a Friday. Not had any major problems just my wound opened very slightly less than 2mm but was fine within 2 weeks. Back to normal now and glad I had it done as had large fibroids. I am 63. I did lose a bit of weight before my surgery but put it back on, it is not easy. I am also type 2 diabetic but had no problems. If you want to tell us your weight and bmi we are all here for you to give you support and we are not judgemental. xxx

vickieboo
    Participant

Hi, Is there a specific reason why they need to do a vertical cut? I am obese and had mine done laparoscopically. xx

Jlo
    Participant

Hi I had to have a horizontal cut due to the size of the fibroids.

Cjenkins
    Participant

My mass is too big to be done laparoscopy. So has to all come out in one go x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today