skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums General Hysterectomy Complications after hysterectomy Pain after complicated hysterectomy

• This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Chocolate123
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m after some advice please, I had a vaginal hysterectomy about 10 years ago, but ended up back in surgery after the suture on the right ovarian pedicle had come loose. An pfannenstiel incision was made when I was taken back to surgery and approx 3.5 litres of blood and clot were found in the peritoneal cavity. The suture was secured and bleeding was checked elsewhere. My abdomen was washed with copious amounts of saline and I required 6 units of blood.

Since the operation and over the years I have suffered with severe pain on the right hand side of the inside of my vagina, bladder problems and pain to the right side. I have seen numerous consultants but they have never seem to get to the bottom of the pain. Had injections into my vaginal wall and intense physio and numerous other tests. I’m now under a new consultant who wants to have a look into the area through a laparoscope and remove my right ovary. There is redness to the right side of my urethra but never been given reasons to why this is. I’m really nervous about any surgery but the pain is getting worse the longer it is being left.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today