skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums Sexuality and Hysterectomy Sex and Hysterectomy Painful positions…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Sam_m187

Hi ladies,
    Sorry I’ve been a little quiet since I got back to fighting fit. Hope you are all well. As some of you may know I had a lapropscopic hyst in Feb, removing cervix womb and tubes – ovaries remain.
    I’ve since got back to having a sex life, which while it was sore the first couple of times (with a little bleeding), had returned as good as ever. My partner is quite well endowed so occasionally I am feeling a little pain with deep penetration.
    We switched things up a little on Saturday and attempted doggy, and the pain I have experienced ever since has been unreal. I have a constant pain in my abdomen, particularly on the right side, the type of pain I relate to when i had trapped wind or struggled to go early on in recovery. It’s almost brought me to tears- and again there was blood. I’m wondering if anyone has experienced something similar, and if so how long it lasted. I’m still in pain to move now, or go to the loo. Dont know if this is normal or if I should go to the doc tmoro.
    Any advice will be appreciated xxx

LindaPH

I think perhaps a visit to the GP might be a really good idea. It may be that there is some granulation at the site of any internal stitching which may need to be removed – it’s not a pleasant experience though, so be prepared!!!!

nickmick2018
    Participant

Hi all, I’m new to the site. I had a total Hysterectomy on 8/16 due to Cervical cancer that spread to both my ovaries. My Boyfriend and I tried sex twice when we were 8 weeks post op and now twice this weekend with lubricant and still so painful, burning on entry and feeling like I was being teared apart. I am currently going through chemo not sure if my doctor can prescribe me anything at this time. We’ve been through enough at this time and now sex is being taking away! Any advice?

LindaPH

Hi NickMick

I’m sorry to hear you’re having such problems with sex. It might be worth going to see your GP for a quick internal check up – just to make sure that there is no underlying internal infection affecting you that might be causing the additional pain.

Also, try to give it a bit more time – you’re going through a lot at the moment if you’re having chemo as well and your body is going to react to all the trauma of that, as well as the previous surgery.

When you’re feeling up to it, it may also be worth considering a yoga class as that will help to release the muscle tension in the groin area as you stretch and relax.

Linda

Bermendy3
    Participant

Doggy style is a bit painful. You should try with another style. But bed sex would be more comfortable for you buddy.

nickmick2018
    Participant

Thank you all, My Onc GYN prescribed me a small dose of Estrogen and also told my to buy HyaloGYN lubricant. I will try that for now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today