skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums Gynaecological Conditions Prolapse Posterior repair

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Kittkat

I had a rectocele repair 5 weeks ago and am still not feeling right. It’s still really uncomfortable and gets worse when I walk for more than 10 minutes. It’s really hard to explain what it feels like. Sorry – this is so embarrassing – it’s like after having sex and also a burning inside the vagina – I don’t think there’s an infection -and an ache in my rectum. I’m getting frantic – has anyone else had this experience and did it get better?

Muscadet

Hi Kittkat and a very warm welcome to the site!

I would definitely suggest you call your consultants secretary first thing in the morning and ask for an urgent appointment or indeed call the ward directly that you were on. It sounds like you are in a lot of discomfort and for your own peace of mind and to ease anxiety and rule out infection I would recommend getting checked out.

Please do let me know how you get on!

Muscadet x

Kittkat

thanks Muscadet. I’ll try them in the morning

Unsure1

Hi Kittkat
    I would definitely give your GP a call in the morning or the ward you were on, as I presume you’ve not been offically discharge from the hospital yet. Explain to them that you are worried and would like someone to check you to give you peace of mind that things are healing ok.
    Please let us know how you get on and take care,

Claire x

Kittkat

Hi – I saw my GP this morning and everything looks OK. She’s sent a sample off in case it’s a water infection but otherwise there’s nothing obvious. She said it’s still early days and it is probably still settling down. I’m sort of relieved and sort of not because it still feels the same! I have the 8 weeks follow up at the hospital in 3 weeks.

Unsure1

Hi Kittkat,
    Really pleased that you went to the GP today and that all she said all seems well. Keep resting as much as you, we are here if you want to chat.

Claire x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today